2,992 results
All reviewsbig benlondon eyewestminster bridgethe executive loungeriver viewafternoon teasouth banktwo double bedsfantastic locationtube stationconciergeelevatorscaffoldingplatinumdoormanpoundsheathrow
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The London Hotel County Hall is a great hotel in London on the Thames. The London Eye is just down from the hotel. The hotel sits by the Westminster Bridge across from Big Ben and the Houses of Parliment. The rooms are nice and the service is great.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Highlander-GG
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Conveniently situated for most travelers looking to maximize their sightseeing experience in London! Within close distance of most interesting landmarks in London (Eye of London, Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, to name a few...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PhilipF36
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed one night recently at this hotel and had a room with a balcony overlooking the Thames, Big Ben etc which was wonderful. Amazing view, I could have stayed on that balcony all day. The room itself was well-equipped and clean, although I think it lacked the 'wow' factor for the price I paid. Nice bathroom but at this price point I would have expected a bath.

All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful, couldn't fault any of them. We had afternoon tea which was good but, again, I have had better elsewhere in London. Cocktails in the bar were excellent. We had breakfast in the executive lounge and I found this rather disappointing as instead of eggs there was some type of unappetising looking omelette. I now wish I'd gone to the dining room for breakfast instead. I also think that hotels of this calibre should offer free wi-fi, I couldn't believe that we were expected to pay for it!

All in all, a good hotel but I'm not sure I would pay what I paid to stay here again, there are better around, the St Pancras springs to mind immediately!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Jemma W, Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear cruella55,

Thank you for taking the time to review The London Marriott Hotel, County Hall.

We were delighted to read at your enjoyment of your Balcony Suite, the views really are spectacular and I am glad the unpredictable English weather was favourable and you could sit outside!

Despite this, we were sad to read about your disappointment in the breakfast of our M Club Lounge. Would you be able to contact me directly at jemma.wade@marriott.com, so I may understand more about the challenges you faced? I would also like to add in your profile, that should your travels see you returning to London, we should allocate you a room with a bathtub.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jemma wade

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Recently spent 3 nights at the Marriott County Hall. It’s in a beautiful historic building in the best possible place for sightseeing - directly across the Thames from Parliament and adjacent to The Eye. The staff were very accommodating and the room was great - large and very clean with a terrific bathroom. The bar downstairs is very nice with an outstanding view across the river. Only 2 negatives. First, our room was a long long way from the elevator. I spoke with the front desk but nothing closer and comparable in price was available. It would be worthwhile to discuss the room location when booking. I had a friend who stayed here who had the same experience. Second, and you would think more fixable, was the Wi-Fi connection, which was very unreliable. I eventually called about it twice and was ultimately told someone from the provider would contact me but no one did. In spite of mentioning these issues we enjoyed the hotel very much and would definitely stay there again. The location alone is unbeatable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear dadville,

Thank you for taking the time to review The London Marriott Hotel, County Hall.

We are so pleased to learn of your delight in our location and you enjoyed your experience in Gillray's bar.

Due to the historic nature of our building and it being Grade II listed, we do suffer from longer corridors then most, however if you would like to contact me personally at jemma.wade@marriott.com, I can add to your profile that you would prefer to have a room closer to the lifts when you travels see you returning to County Hall.

I apologise for the inconsistent Wi-Fi coverage you experienced. This should have been address during your stay and again with the details you could provide in your email, I can ask our engineering team to look at the router in your room to ensure all the connections are stable.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jemma Wade

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Myself and a friend stayed her for a long weekend in March and had a brilliant stay! We were in a room with two double beds with a view of the London Eye and the room itself was comfortable and exceptionally clean. All the staff I came into contact with were extremely friendly. The only suggestion I would make is the breakfast buffet could be set up in a different way to accommodate the amount of people using these, as it did feel this could be set up better so people weren't just standing around.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Rebecca A

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The London Marriott Hotel, County Hall.

We are so delighted you and your friend had a fantastic stay and enjoyed you long weekend in London. You will be pleased to hear that we have indeed changed our buffet set up and so you must come back one day in the future to see our improvements!

Jemma Wade