US$237
  • Pool
US$316
US$267
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)
US$150
US$134
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$314
US$267
  • Pool
US$1,400
US$313
Kensington Hotel
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$179
  • Restaurant
Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London(London)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$274
  • Fitness centre
US$200
US$171
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

US$291
Montague Hotel
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$381/night.

US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,946 results
All reviewsbig benlondon eyewestminster bridgethe executive loungeriver viewafternoon teasouth banktwo double bedsfantastic locationtube stationconciergeelevatorscaffoldingplatinumdoormanpoundsheathrow
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Excellant location chosen after reading reveiws for city centre five star hotels with swimming pools. Booked through Marriot some three months prior to visit and everything was as should have been on arrival . I booked an escape package from marriot which included breakfast and London eye vouchers .I would advise getting there early to avoid queues. Many other attractions within fifteen to twenty minutes walk from hotel. Room booked had big ben view and I was impresed with the level of quietness and calm in the middle of a busy city. City tour buses can be boarded at the front door and the underground tube station at Waterloo is only five minutes walk from the hotel. This is probably the cheapest way to get aroud . I used taxis acouple of times for convenience and they were expensive .Only downside to hotel was the swimming pool, or rather signage and use of it . I had seen this with other reviews before travelling and so did a visit to the pool reception to speak to staff before using the facility but even so getting there on the day proved difficult because of the need to use a four digit code to gain access form the changing areas to the pool itself . During my visit I was asked for directions by other guests trying to find their way to the pool so I was not the only one having problems.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank westcoaster75
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Booked 2 night stay with husband and 2 children - one baby and one 11 yr old. Booked Big Ben view room had asked for room we would all fit in ok. arrived and room tiny asked to move to bigger room - paid to upgrade to a Big Ben view suite £350 per night. Room 353. Executive level 4 access with this room which is a coneirge service. Our room shabby, travel cot provided had horrible sagging base and dirty mesh. 11 year old had camp bed which she nicknamed her "war bed" as was old metal framed which did not look or feel appealing, plug had to be prised out of bath, towels and dressing gowns very tired looking. Ordered room service first night finally arrived after nearly an hour. burger was totally raw - had to phone manager to comeup. she agreed was uncooked and should not be touched! She said if we became ill in night to contact her who would get a doctor. The meal was already free as they advertise if their food is not delivered within 45 minutes then the meal is free. When I phoned down to the room service after 50 minutes she tried bartering with me and said how about just free desserts!! I said they advertise the whole meal is free -she agreed finally. The food was awful and cold when it came anyway. Didnt eat at hotel again. The executive lounge was pretty pathetic. Table cloths had holes in. The fire alarm that is tested every Thursday morning between 10:15am and 10:30am was still going off at 10:45am and when I spoke to the manager about it he said it goes off a few times between 1015 and 1030. It was 10:45 when I spoke to him and suggested he look at his watch or out the window at Big Ben and why was it still intermittently going off!!! The Food & Beverage Manager /guest relation manager was supposed to contact me but found her just before we left and I asked why she had not contacted us and she said she had tried our room twice but we were out. I asked why she had not left a message on the room phone and she said the messaging service is broken! On checking out invoices could not be printed as the computer printers were broken. Not allowed in the "nice" swimming pool changing rooms with children. The whole place is more geared up for business travellers. The baby pram had to be carried up and down the entrance steps as their lift is locked and it became a big palava trying to gain access to it. The rooms are tired looking and there is no attention to detail. The guest relation manager gave me her card and told me to book directly with her and give them a chance by staying there again. I was honest and said no way would we come back. We went to London last month and stayed at the Dorchester which was just absolutely perfect. never again to a Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank hedgi
Reviewed 22 January 2009

I've been meaning to write this review for a while - I stayed at the Marriott County Hall when I was in London on business and loved it. Such an interesting building. The only downer was getting into London, jet lagged, and not being able to check in immediately. I know it was a busy time but I ended up having to wait a few hours before checking in. Regardless, the staff was very nice and the concierge was helpful.

The room was nice; it had a view of the Eye of London and the Thames which was great. The windows were double paned so the chime of Big Ben, across the river, didn't keep sleepers up, but you could open the windows if you wanted.

There was also quite a bit of construction around the hotel - on the main entrance and such. It didn't really interfere with anything but I'd like to visit again when it's all complete.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2009

Booked this property through Priceline and paid $226 USD per night for a total of $544.17 for two nights including all taxes and fees.

Arrived from Paris on New Year's Day. No unreasonable wait for check in. Presented my Marriott rewards card and despite an early arrival of 2:00 p.m., was able to check in immediately and head directly to room.

My son and I were given room 431 which, at first, I entered with some trepidation. I kept walking and walking and the room did not seem to end. Upon checking the map on the back of the door I realized that we had been given one of the largest rooms on the floor. Needless to say, I was more than satisfied with the room considering we were a Priceline guest.

The room had two double beds with duvets and the most comfortable mattress we experienced in Europe. There was also a three person sofa and an easy chair, coffee table and small wet bar area. Inside the front door was a three panel, mirrored, sliding door.

The bathroom was large with standard hotel toiletries. Robes were provided in the front closet.

In room coffee and tea supplies with complimentary short bread cookies and evening chocoates were provided. A newspaper was provided each morning.

As other reviewers have stated it is quite a long walk from the elevators to where most of the rooms are. This would seem understandable when realizes the history of the building and the fact that it has been converted into a hotel. We did not mind the walk.

To read the history of the hotel, provided in the in-room hotel guide and then walk around the main floor of the hotel is to walk back in time. Instead of using the main hotel enterance (which in itself is beautiful), walk out the back door and into the rest of County Hall. Before walking down the grand marble staircase (to the awaiting Starbucks across the street), I would often pause to read the main names, some I even recognize, engraved into the marble walls. A history buff would love this place.

I did not eat at the hotel so I am unable to comment on the prices or ambiance of the restaurants. I also did not take advantage of the indoor pool, but from what I understand from other reviewers it would have been a challenge to find anyway. The mere fact that there is a pool at all in that old building is an accomplishment in itself.

Our room did not have a view of the river, but did overlook a quiet courtyard, which allowed us to keep the window open a crack at night for fresh air.

The London Eye is directly outside of the hotel and there are many fast food options located in the same building. The tube is a bit of a walk to either the Waterloo station or Westminster station. (about 5-10 minutes to either) However, many buses pass directly in front of the hotel, which we never used since I have not fully mastered the busses in London yet.

There was Internet, for a fee, in the business center which was adjacent to the main entry.

Overall I was impressed with the hotel, room, staff and location. It was a great end to a wonderful two week European vacation.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank YYZAC
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Wanted to stay in the Heart of London for Christmas; Dickens and all that. Booked a stay at the Marriott London County Hall because of its great location. Surprised our seven year old daughter with the news and she was thrilled but worried that Santa would not find her. Contacted the London Marriott and when we arrived they began to make arrangements for Santa to find her. Christmas morning they called the room and confirmed the details of Santa's visit and arranged for her gifts that we had brought along to be given in person by Santa. Our daughter was speechless with excitement.

The staff (all great and especially, terrific concerieges) was wonderful during the entire stay but they really went out of their way to ensure that a young girl had a visit to remember. The Events Organiser, Maria Novelli, really worked to make our daughter's Christmas special.

We thought we were staying in the Heart of London but the Marriott crew showed us the "True Heart of London".

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family