“Central location to everything”
Review of K+K Hotel George

K+K Hotel George
Ranked #185 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I was looking for a hotel that was CLEAN, in a central location with access to the underground lines that route to the main tourist attractions, modern, and close to restaurants.
The K+K Hotel did not disappoint; in fact it exceeded my expectations. The hotel is located near Earl's court Underground which has both the Piccadilly and District lines, the hotel resides on a quiet side street but a few feet away lies the busy Earl's Court road with it's mind blowing amount of restaurants. The hotel itself is modern and clean with a cute garden in the back. The rooms are tiny but the most important thing is the cleanliness for me and I was beyond impressed. The bathroom is the size of a disability stall but again I overlooked the size due to its impeccable cleanliness.

One humorous thing i found about the hotel is the elevator is tiny and claims it can fit 9 people but my friend and I (we are very thin) were in the elevator with another couple and it basically filled the elevator.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank place-name-here
Write a ReviewReviews (3,426)

Reviewed 25 May 2009

While the rooms were small, they were clean and modern-looking. Crisp, white sheets with fluffy duvets made for comfortable sleeping, and the rooms and restaurant overlooked a beautiful garden. The helpful staff was great at recommending restaurants, and the hotel provided five computers with which to check your email or plan your day. *But the best part about the K+K George was the wonderful breakfast buffet, complete with champagne, eggs, a cereal bar, pastries, and an assortment of cheeses and fish. What a treat!*

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AllAmericanGirlv1
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I stayed at the K+K George as part of an overnight package that included show tickets. As I was only in London overnight on an extended layover, I only needed a place to lay my head, but I would gladly stay at the George again for a longer stay. THe hotel is located just around the corner from Earl's Court Tube Station, which is convenient because it's at the border of Zones 1&2... so you only have to buy a Zone 2-6 ticket to get in from Heathrow, but you only have to buy a Zone 1 ticket when going into town. The lobby was refined, the breakfast was very good, and there are free computer terminals with free internet access for guests, not to mention free in-room wi-fi access. The rooms and especially the bathrooms are exceedingly small, but decorated very tastefully. And heck, with a beautiful tile-and-glass shower, and a flat-screen TV, I really can't complain. I heartily recommend.

*As a bonus, I put my business card in a pot for a drawing for free dinner and champagne at the K+K restaurant. While I did not win, I did receive a note from the hotel (sent internationally) offering me a free drink at the bar on my next stay there. I'll hopefully be using it very soon!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Elnok
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We had an excellent time at this hotel. It is very close to the Earl's Court Tube Station with connections to lines going anywhere. The buffet breakfasts were fabulous with loaded with anything you could really want for... including Champagne! The waitresses were a little slow pouring the coffee but that's just a small detail and the only thing I can really say that was slightly negative... but big deal! The buffet is a great way to start the day to have the energy for all that walking and sightseeing.

The rooms were very clean, some may say small but well planned and good storage... don't forget to use the long shelf under the bathroom counter to store items and you're laughing. We were first placed in a room at the front of the hotel which had a charming view of the street and surrounding neighbourhood, but then the next day scaffolding went up in front of the hotel (renovations to the facade). We asked to be moved to the back of the hotel facing the beautiful gardens... not a problem... they even moved our luggage and items over to the new room while we were out sightseeing. Very seamless transition other than having to repack. The staff is very accommodating and quite pleasant.

The hotel bar/lounge was a nice place to come back and enjoy after a night at the Theatres.

There's free use of computers if you want to research anything, look for theatre tickets of just check your e-mail... and you never really had to wait for one.

Free newspapers in the lobby every morning with a coffee/tea and sparkling mineral water stand. There's really nothing more you could ask for in a hotel at this price and location! You can get to and from Heathrow using the Tube in one train ride, no connections in under one hour. Easy!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2009

K&K Geroge Hotel is recommended to stay again, the reasons are:-
1. Excellent location: it is close to tube, mini-supermarket & convenience shops, restaurtants, fast-food shops & bars are nearby.
2. Good price: it is relatively cheap price for 4 star hotel via internet hotel agent, I have booked with GDP135/night
3. Lovely breakfast: Reasonable price (GDP14) to have breakfast, it is included the champagne. The choice of breakfast is fair good. However, the refill rate is not fast, I have asked to refill the milk; the staff is very busy, I need to ask 3 times and then they refill immediately. But I can't see any refill of oatmeal, mightbe it takes a very long time to cook?? Moreover, the quality of cameal
4. Good staff: Warmly welcome when we check in. I read another comment that there is no toilet paper, yes it has happened, it might be the busy of housekeepers, however, when we called the reception, the housekeeper has immediately sent the paper to our room and said many times of "sorry"
5. Clean: The room is clean & tidy