2,777 results
All reviews theo randall the club lounge wellington arch wellington lounge ambassador member buckingham palace green park afternoon tea star hotel four seasons superior room turn down service concierge desk bond street late check an upgrade mini bar
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I checked in I was asked to wait for a few minutes as my upgraded room was being "inspected". As a Platinum Ambassador I am entitled to a room upgrade. When I entered the room a found a card and a capsule on the carpet which meant that the room was not vacumed properly. When I lifted the toiled seat up to verify its cleanliness I found blood and urine stains om the rim. I called guest services to get an attendand into the room to clean as I stept out for a short walk. When I returned the toilet seat was shut, so I lifted it up to check and the stains were all still there. They managed to get it cleaned at the end but apparently this hotel is not as clean as it should be, deafinatly not as clean as a 500 pound room per night should be. The furniture and fixtures are out of date and the hotel needs a slight refurbishment. Overall I was very very disappointed because I oaid 500 pounds a night and did not get my money's worth. The bed mattress was also worn out with a grove down the middle of the bed.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
cariadkenan, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Fadi E,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us following your recent stay.

I am extremely disappointed and sorry to hear about your experience.

I can assure you, as you are a regular guest of ours and are aware of the high levels of cleanliness and service , that this is not indicative of our usual high standards of service, care and attention to detail throughout the hotel.

I will follow this feedback up immediately with the relevant departments to understand the sequence of events.

However You will be happy to hear that we will be refreshing our rooms to reflect a more modern and fresh look.

Thank you once again for your feedback Fadi E ,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Splendid hotel in an excellent location; close to Hyde Park, shopping and plenty of bars and restaurants. Access to the executive lounge only comes with suites the price requested for access was prohibitive.Room was very comfortable and well appointed. Bathroom was a good size with nice toiletries. All the staff we met were pleasant and helpful. Nice bar area and also a nice to have tea/coffee snacks etc. Loved this hotel and will be back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Captiva103,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your most recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of the hotel and found the location convenient and the staff friendly and helpful.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Location
Excellent. Right at Hyde Park Corner underground station, and walking distance to Piccadilly at one end and Knightsbridge at the other, making its location extra strategic, particularly for shopping and the west end shows.

Rooms
Catered to the business traveller. Compact across most room categories. You will need at least a studio suite for a room of 30sqm. Otherwise, all the rooms are tastefully appointed and well-equipped to meet the demands of discerning guests.

Professional and attentive, and able to attend to every need with aplomb. Luggage, food orders, housekeeping and room services are delivered promptly and reliably. No mean feat for such a busy hotel with plenty of business and leisure travellers coming through the doors each day. That the staff are always on top of things is truly commendable.

Impressive. Theo Randall is a must try for its quality Italian cuisine. The Club InterContinental lounge experience is another must do. Situated at Level 7 and far away from the lobby hustle and bustle, the lounge pairs excellent food (covering breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapes and cocktails) with an amazing views of hyde park corner and the marble arch. The lounge breakfast is particularly noteworthy for its extensive quality spread. Adding the club lounge access to your room rate is one of the best things you can do for yourself. It will change the way you enjoy the hotel.

Value-for-money
A premier business hotel that also works really well for holiday seekers too due to its excellent location. Book early to enjoy compelling rates, for they tend to soar quickly due to heavy demand. As a IHG hotel, it is certainly advantageous to enrol as a IHG member (or better yet as an InterContinental Ambassador) to maximise the value and enrich the experience of your stay. Just remember to add on the Club InterContinental access for a complete experience.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
cariadkenan, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Ric C,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us following your last stay.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that we made your experience a memorable one.

Thank you so much once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

I have been a long time user of IHG hotels and always use Intercontential hotels for my holidays and luxury visits.

Each year I renew my Ambassador membership - its well worth it.

This was our 3rd visit to this hotel, we find (and still found) the service to be exceptional, not only in the professionalism of the staff but there attention to detail. From the bowler hatted doorman to the cleaning staff. Cheery hello and can we help with the bags etc.

As always I fill in the form to let them know this is a birthday treat (for me) - and using a weekend certificate we paid for a nice club level suite, which we never got to see. The gaurentee upgrade is a feature of ambassador status. early check in late check out fruit on arrival :)

I asked if we have been upgraded and was told we were to use the Wellington Suite - ok.

Room 520 has a standard door == in fact it has two as we found out and actually its own web page.

Door 520 to be precise opens to the Wellington suties an apartment, sorry luxury apartment.

WoW - it took over 30 minutes to explore. We went off to the club to have a stiff drink.

The club is also perfect for snacks, drinks and has an excellent breakfast etc is all 5 star.

Arriving back there was a slice of birthday cake. in the room thank you.

It does not give you a free stocked fridge (and in Berlin), nor have Berlin's long happy hour (shame) and the bed turn down doesn't leave chocolates or ice (smallest ice bucket ever and no ice machines - but service is only a call away) and we were missed off the welcome fruit list

Still get 9.99 as a score out of 10 -- we will be back. Thank you for making this visit and my wife and I feel special.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Diskdr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us.

I hope that you had a wonderful birthday and I am happy to hear that the team did their best to make your special occasion that little bit more memorable and special.

I am utterly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had an incredible room.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

This was my first experience of a function at this well-established and well-run hotel and I was agreeably surprised by the quality of the food offered for over 200 guests. The starter was Earl Grey Tea Hot Smoked Salmon with crab salad, orange and bourbon dressing which was beautifully presented with a rich, sweetish dressing to counter the hint of smokiness from the delicious fish. The main course of Seared Beef Fillet with sweet potato, pumpkin and stilton gratin plus winter greens, braised red cabbage and a herb reduction was outstanding for the tenderness of the rare beef and flavour from the vegetables. Finally we were served Toffee Apple Crumble comprising butterscotch infused crème anglaise, clotted ice cream and caramelised apple chips but with the apple as the centrepiece in most artistic manner (see photo)
Service was slick and friendly as it had been at the champagne reception beforehand when as a Chambellan in L'Ordre des Coteaux de Champagne I was pleased to note that Mumm was served.
A very good evening indeed.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Brian M,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent experience.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the event , food and service and that it was a good evening all round.