Very good - Opposite Gloucester Road tube station, Waitrose supermarket and several restaurants.
Convenient for the park, and shopping in Knightsbridge.
Well lit and well located. Lots of smiling faces, waiting to greet you. However, we were overwhelmed by a somewhat dismissive and insincere approach from the encountered front-desk staff.
As Priority club Platinum members, we were upgraded to a two-floor suite overlooking Cromwell Road – However, the rooms were dark and miserable.
A dark wooden staircase (reminiscent of a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean) at far end of the living room area, blocked out any light wishing to creep into the room thru' a tall narrow window. Then, from dusk to morning, bright external lights glare into your room, and the installed curtains only patchily protecting your sleepy eyes from that glare.
Living room sofa, and bed were quite comfortable. Other living room chairs were not comfortable at all and seemed out of place with other items in the room. Entering at living room level, there was space, but no provision for coats and luggage.
A reasonable choice of TV channels are offered, however, I don't remember CNBC, or Bloomberg. The TV remote control worked inconsistently (probably batteries needed changing) and, in general, the entertainment system was quite difficult to navigate, even for the experienced user.
High speed internet is available, but no wifi in the room. I experienced significant problems with numerous lost connections and very slow speeds. In fact, I had to utilise my BT mobile broadband dongle during my stay.
The bathroom was well stocked and equipped. Although, we did experience a constant and intense smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom. The hotel offered a change of room for our 2nd of 2 nights stay, but engineering seemed to have quickly addressed the problem, and we decided to stay put. However, late evening, the smell returned.
RESTAURANT/ ROOM SERVICE:
Reasonable food and drink choices on room service menu. Quality of ordered food was fine. Although, we did experience slower than promised speed of service.
Restaurant was very busy at 09:30-10:00 Saturday breakfast time. Reasonable choice of food & beverages on offer.
With some time having passed since our stay, we’ve reflected upon our stay, and are reminded of the style and service levels experienced in far less inviting hotels in Central & Eastern Europe. In short, disappointed. We will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington