Hotel was in a great location and very central. Staff are friendly and try very hard to be helpful.
We booked a breakfast, dinner and stay package and was dissapointed that no one told us that the restaurant was closed on the second night and we had to eat at the bar or in the club lounge. Wish they told us so we had the option of going else where for dinner or at least gave us the option of changing our booking type. Food was shockingly terrible.. not sure who prepared it but geez it was embarrasing! First night after having arrived late, we ordered room service and was told that only sandwiches were available (which was ok, given UK have good reputation for nice sandwiches). The food arrived in a tray that was uncovered, and the sandwiches were made of stale bread (so we just ate the filling), the hot chips were cooked in dirty oil because it tasted like everyother food that had been fried in the same oil.
Nothing special for a platinum priorty club member apart from the folder for your room key which says 'platinum member'
Club lounge was very small but pleasant enough.
Our room was next to some cupboard or staff door so it was very noisy. We mentioned this at check out and was told 'why didn't you ask for a new room!'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington