Crowne Plaza London Kensington
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$146
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$328
US$258
Hilton
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$283
US$226
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$183
US$231
US$190
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
US$386
US$358
2,780 results
All reviewsthe club loungetube stationumami restauranttwo double bedsduplex suitethe natural history museumcromwell roadunagiwaitrose supermarketthe royal albert hallpiccadilly lineholiday innheathrow airportconcierge staffhyde parkexcellent locationtesco express
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed here with my 16 year old daughter. Our first trip to London. It was a block away from the Gloucester tube so we could go everywhere very easy.
The hotel is very clean safe and in a nice area.
The negative: no free wifi.
I would stay at this hotel again if I couldn't find a hotel as nice with free wifi.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Whos The Stew
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Whilst the internet access in the bedrooms is chargeable ( like 80% of hotels), we do however offer free wifi access in our bar, lounge and club lounge (unlike 80% of hotels)

Reviewed 24 February 2012

The hotel is located near Gloucester road tube station in the middle of Kensington and is a Victorian conversion. Despite hearing so many stories about bad Victorian conversions, I did not hear any noise on my top floor suite. It reminded me of another hotel in St Germain, Paris converted from a monastery and how similar the layout was. However Crowne Plaza's converstion was way better, better quality furnishings and all the other touches: no expense spared.

The lift on the ground floor with reception on the right, took me to my top floor suite, with an elegant sitting room as I entered the space. Stairs took me above, where the bedroom and bathroom was located: both large, well designed and with good quality items. I really liked this place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Dear Londontravellista
Thank you for your review and we are all delighted that you were able to give us a 5/5 rating.
We have 20 duplex suites such as the one you stayed in many with balconies and views over the gardens.
Since your visit we have also opened our new reception and front hall which creates an even better sense of arrival.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I had the fortune to find this gem of a hotel again after staying there years ago when it was under a different name (Holiday Inn then, CP now). It is very conveniently situated next to Gloucester Rd Station and the view from the hotel towards the back is that of a quiet church and lovely surrounding gardens. I was upgraded to a Suite (due to my Platinum status) and this was large, being of duplex type, with two floors. Very quiet, well sound proofed at front which my room was facing. Beautiful bar and afternoon tea area in the main public area, wholesome and decent breakfast and very attentive and polite reception staff. Overall a very pleasurable stay and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

Room Tip: all rooms well furnished but for view, go for room facing the garden and church
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear RalphSingapore66
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked all the changes and improvements since your last visit.
Next time you visit, I hope you will try our new restaurant, Umami, which offers a range of authentic dishes from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam, in stylish surroundings with cool retro music.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My fiancé and I stayed 4 days, 3 nights at Crowne Plaza Kensington over last weekend. The place looks wonderful – the new renovations make the ground floor look chic and modern. The rooms are decent size and bathrooms are small but functional. The bed was very comfortable and we got great sleep while we were in London – we faced the main road and did not hear any traffic. The hotel is also very conveniently located, mere steps from the Gloucester Road tube stop. It's walking distance from the V&A, Natural History Museum, and Harrod's, and there are also a lot of pubs, cafes, stores nearby, which is nice. That’s about where the positives end.

The room (501) didn’t seem very clean. As you can see in my attached photo, they used duct tape to attach the carpet to the tile. Four star elegance at its finest! A horrible musty smell emanated from the bathroom. In the corner of the room there were a bunch of carpet stains that looked as if someone urinated on the floor. Lovely. I would have requested a room change, but staff members are borderline incompetent and give off a vibe that they truly do not want to interact with guests. Whoever has described staff members as “friendly” or “helpful” is misguided. Also, there is no ability to access wi-fi in the room. We would have gladly paid for that. At least you can get free wi-fi in the lobby, but it is rather inconvenient to have to go all the way to the lobby to check email.

About the staff – nobody will greet you when you enter the hotel. More accurately, staff will be standing idly until they see someone approach the doorway, and then they will start shuffling papers, looking things up on the computer or turn their back away…anything to keep from having to acknowledge guests. Housekeeping staff also came around at 8:30 AM one morning. Seriously? Not even people staying on business would have been out of the room by then. Our overseas power adapter broke and staff was unhelpful, telling us first to go across the street, and then upon us asking to confirm if we should get one in the arcade across the street, they treated us like idiots and told us to go to the corner post office. Only positives with staff are that they let us check in early and check out a little late, but I chalk that up more to a script they are given than them actually having decent personalities.

I got a pretty decent deal to stay here, but feel sorry for anyone who actually pays over 200 GBP a night. Management can make the exterior and lobby as pretty as they like, but this is nowhere near the four stars they claim. It served its purpose as a place to sleep, but don’t stay here if you expect any sort of luxury.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tpc220

Dear Tpc220
I am so sorry to read of your disappointment with your stay and offer my sincere apologies for not having lived up to your expectations.
We have since your visit, opened our new recption which is now directly facing the entrance doors so that our receptionists can see guests arriving and give them a warmer welcome, rather than being tucked around ato the left of the entrance.
There are no excuses for the temporary repair to the carpet in your room and I our housekeeper has had the carpet cleaned in this room to bring it back up to the standard you would expect.
With regards internet access, we currently offer free wifi in our reception, lounge, bar and club lounge and a hard wired broadband service in the bedrooms. We are currently upgrading the bedroom service to include wifi.
I hope you will return to see these improvements.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel after booking it last minute and at a bargain price. We took the club upgrade, which included drinks and canapes - a lovely pre-theatre treat. Very handy for the tube and within walking distance of the museums and Harrods.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Dorsettreellady
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased yo felt able to give us a 5/5 rating.
We are now upgrading our club lounge so I hope you will be back soon to experience the extra style, comfort and service that this facility now offers.