I stayed in the hotel for a business trip, and probably should not have illusions on what you are given for corporate prices.
The first room I was given
- smelt of cigarette
- trash bins were not emptied
- internet was not working
- had absolutely no window (!) - just a tiny opening to the ventillation system
So I complained and was planning to be very angry, however, I faced such an attentive and polite service from the front desk that I could possibly not be mad at anyone. They apologised for not being able to provide another room straight away, but would move me the day after (which they did) and from that moment on everything got right. The new room was nice, with an actual window, working internet, etc. A room you should excpect for a corporate price.
Dear Hotel mgmt, if you are reading this, please don't destroy your image by calling 113 a room. It puts you in a very bad light, which was only saved by your staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure London Bridge is a flagship Mercure hotel located in the centre of London. Enjoy famous nearby attractions such as Borough Market and the Shard, whilst being surrounded by nearby shops and art galleries. On entering this charming hotel, you'll sense its unique atmosphere, making you feel at home. Every detail in the hotel has been carefully considered with your comfort in mind. Experience the hotel restaurant, Marco's New York Italian, courtesy of celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White. The hotel is suited for business hotel stays in London, as well as leisure stays, with 4 flexible meeting rooms for events or conferences for up to 60 people with AV equipment and a dedicated host. Enjoy internet access throughout the hotel. Mercure London Bridge is perfectly located for some London shopping, a cultured day out or some London sightseeing, being situated on Southwark Street, only 8 minutes from Borough Market and an 11 minute walk to London Bridge Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Accor London City Bankside
- Mercure London Bridge