4,006 results
All reviews welbeck street bond street tube station oxford st deluxe room regents park quiet street turn down service special thanks nespresso machine fantastic hotel high street afternoon tea excellent location west end few minutes walk rooms are small gunther
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is the least relaxing place I’ve ever stayed. I requested a quiet room three different ways (first online, then over the telephone with Adriana, and in person at check-in).

I was allocated a room directly across the street from from an active construction site and next door to a hotel room undergoing repairs. During my stay, the manager offered to change my room, but I was staying here for medical treatment and was not feeling well enough.

In general the room needs maintenance attention: the toilet did not consistently flush properly; the telephone only worked intermittently; the bath didn’t drain properly. There were scuff marks, dents and chips throughout the room. See photos. The climate control is noisy and clunky.

On the plus side: the room is clean and the location is excellent. The room service from 108 is fantastic - the meal was beautifully presented and delicious.

At this price point, you can find much more interesting, better maintained hotels.

I was allowed to leave early with no penalty and a discount was applied to my one night, since everyone was in agreement that there were several problems in the course of my stay in regards to both the plumbing and the noise.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Very comfortable room, nice bathroom, very nice and helpful staff. We've stayed here before and will stay again. Our room was bright, quiet and nice. We'd recommend it for sure! Would be nice if they had newspapers, but no real complaints.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Brendan M, Guest Relations Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear lkbeep,

Thank you for your review of The Marylebone, I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us.

We do provide newspapers on request, normally they are charged, however I would be happy to arrange your newspaper of choice with my compliments for future stays.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The Marylebone is a friendly but professional hotel with very nice staff. I was staying with my friend who visits London once a year and this was our first time in The Marylebone, but probably not the last.
The room was very spacious and the bed was really comfortable. We got to try the pool and the sauna as well on our 2nd day after shopping on Oxford Street.
All in all, our stay was great and the location is amazing. I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a getaway in the city.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Kardos1988,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your first experience with us, hopefully the first of many.

The hotel is ideal for shopping and city breaks, allowing you a haven of relaxation after the hustle and bustle of London, with an amazing gym, pool and spa to really unwind.

Thank you once more for your review, I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I absolutely loved my stay at this hotel. The staff went above and beyond kindness and helpfulness and truly gave me a memorable experience.

I was staying here for a work trip from Los Angeles and was extremely jetlagged. I had a massive headache by the time I checked in. I was able to get some rest since it was so quiet. I woke up in the evening and ate an amazing dinner (Pachamama- Peruvian Tapas) that was suggested by the front desk.

When I needed extra toothpaste, a charger, late night tea-anything really, my needs were quickly met by the staff with a smile on their face. It was just lovely.

The location is remarkable, It's very WeHo. Lots of boutique shops and amazing restaurants. The area is extremely walkable.

I can't wait to come back here. So so thankful I chose this hotel off of a colleague's suggestion.

Thank you to the staff!

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for an inward facing quarter.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear vanessa l,

Thank you so much for your amazing review of The Marylebone!

We are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your first experience of the hotel so much, and that the team were so attentive in making sure you had a wonderful stay.

Marylebone is full of great restaurants, Pachamama being one of my personal favorites. But, there are loads more for you to discover during your future stays.

Please extend our thanks to your colleague for recommending us to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Marylebone soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I have had very fond memories of this hotel from an early age having experienced the hotel throughout all it’s changes, and it still remains my number one hotel in London.

The location is ideal, merely a short 4 minute from Bond Street Station.

What the hotel has is character. On any given evening you can enjoy a quiet drink in the relaxed atmosphere of the lounge bar, or if you walk further down to the back of the hotel you’ll be met with another bar which is a total contrast! Far more livelier, loud music and young socialites knocking back prosecco into the night!

The staff are great. Incredibly accommodating and friendly. Jack and Daniel at reception are brilliant to deal with. They really do pull out all the stops! When I arrived to my room last week, I was greeted with a bottle of prosecco and chocolate dipped strawberries. An amazing surprise which really lifted my mood after a long day of travelling!

The breakfast is fab. Highly recommend the smashed avocado with chilli flakes on toasted sourdough. I’d also recommend having ‘Cream Tea’ at some stage in the Pantry. It’s served on a miniature “garden” which has a sachet of seeds for you to take home with you - very quirky and charming. It’s also accompanied by their own rhubarb jam. A waitress was kind enough to ask my mum if she’d like a jar of this to take back to Dublin!

All in all it’s a fab hotel, class location, fantastic staff, and the foods exceptional. Will happily continue to return to this magical home away from home!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Zoe K,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Marylebone, and for your continued loyalty to the hotel.

We have made a few changes in the hotel recently and we are delighted to receive such fantastic feedback. The new cocktail bar at the front of the hotel offers the perfect place to relax and enjoy some amazing drinks, or to 108 Bar where the drinks are just as good but the atmosphere is more lively and energetic, both provide a great place to meet with friends and enjoy yourself.

Our 'English Country Garden' Afternoon Tea has proved a huge hit with guests, and is attracting a lot of attention around London. It is absolutely worth enjoying and provides a new twist on the Afternoon Tea experience!

Thank you again for your amazing review, I hope to welcome you back very soon!