“A great place to stay”

Ranked #63 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Muscat, Oman
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Any time I visit London I seem to drift back to Marylebone and to the Marlylebone Hotel. I have stayed here since it was the Clifton Ford and most recently on the Heineken Cup weekend (18th May). A great hotel in a supe location with really great staff who always seem to go the extra mile and, my goodness, they had a busy weekend when I was there. Rooms are always clean, well appointed and although some can be on the smaller size it does not take a way from the stay. Close to Oxford Street, Marylebone High Street, Hyde Park and all the cafes, bars, restaurants and all you need to enjoy your stay. The West End is 20 minutes walk or a short taxi ride. Great place, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Boutique Hotel, extended through time means rooms are all shapes and sizes. Ask at reservation for...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Marylebone Hotel.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your Heineken Cup weekend and hope your team won! Thank you for your kind comments regarding our service and in particular the mention of the team “going the extra mile”. It is incredibly important to us that our team genuinely engages with our guests and it is always superb to get positive feedback.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel, hopefully before next years’ Heineken Cup!

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The hotel location speaks for itself; if you're looking to be near shopping, parks, restaurants or art galleries this is the place.
The room size does not disappoint, we had booked a studio suite. The room cleanliness, however, was below par: dirty, smelly carpet and hair in the bathtub. I complained to the concierge who offered her apologies.
We did ask to change rooms however due to an extremely uncomfortable, sinking and uneven bed. Never mind the dirty room, to sleep (or not being able to sleep) would have definitely ruined our stay. The hotel staff was very comprehensive and offered us another room as well as a small bottle of wine and chocolates.
The purpose of this trip was to spend some quality time away from our kids with my wife and I would not book this hotel again for the reasons stated above. I'd rather shell out another 100$ and get a better room elsewhere.

Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to read your review and wanted to start by apologizing unreservedly for the Housekeeping issues you experienced whilst in our hospitality. We have very high standards for cleanliness and attention to detail and we clearly failed to deliver on this occasion, please be assured that I will personally investigate every one of the issues you raised with our Executive Head Housekeeper, get to the bottom of the cause and ensure our processes are robust enough to prevent any re occurrences.

I value and appreciate your comments, promise we will do better and do hope you will give us an opportunity to show you that we can meet and exceed your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your next visit to London and would very much appreciate it if you would contact me prior to making your reservation.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel in the very near future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Travelling with my wife we wanted to stay in the Marylebone area and choose Marylonebone Hotel because of very close location to Bond and Oxford streets. The hotel is pleasant but you feel that you are more in an American business hotel than a London boutique hotel as it was told to be. The lobby is very elegant but the room did not live up to the same standard, rather disappointing. It was small - still we got a superiour room. The bathroom was also small and everytime you turned on the water a terrible noice appeared! As breakfast was expensive in a rather ordinary restaurant we went out to some of the very cosy restaurants along Marylebone High street to have our morning meal. It is also an excellent shopping street. Access to the pool was unfortunately not included in the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and try to get one as big as possible in the price category you have choo...
Dear Guest,

Whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed our location, our lobby areas and thought we were pleasant, I was rather disappointed that you were underwhelmed by your Superior Room. We have various room categories which do vary in size and of course rate and I am just sorry we were not able to allocate a room to your liking. I am confidant though that within our room categories there is a style and layout that would suit you and that you would find comfortable so please contact me prior to your next visit so I can discuss the various options with you and ensure we get you the very best room for your stay.

All our guests have full access to all the facilities in The Third Space including the pool, however access for children are restricted during certain times due to classes. I am sorry if this was not made clear to you on arrival and I will reiterate this again with our Front Desk Team.

London
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

We recently had our wedding reception at the One08 restaurant at the Marylebone hotel on the 18th May. We decided to stay the night before and the night of the wedding, the customer service was absolutley excellent. All the staff that I had the pleasure of dealing with were very helpful and polite and went out of their way to make our stay extra special. We were given a room upgrade along with lovely gifts left in the room. The meal and service at the 108 restaurant was really excellent also, I would recommended this hotel/restaurant for a function without a second hesitation. A special mention to Nathasha who has been a great support throughout all the planning and on the day. Also Angela in the restaurant did a fabulous job. We will be visiting again for, perhaps our first anniversary ;0)

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your special day with us, many congratulations again and we certainly do hope to see you for the anniversary! I will definitely pass your kind comments onto Angela, Nathasha and the rest of the team, I know they enjoyed the occasion just as much and they will be thrilled to read your comments. Thank you again for choosing the Marylebone Hotel for your most special day.

San Francisco
Reviewed 28 May 2012

we generally enjoy The Marylebone Hotel. The location is perfect with the hotel being just about equidistant from Bond Street Underground and Baker Street Underground stations. And the variety of restaurants, shops and services on Marylebone High Street make it a so convenient.

The lobby is beautiful with five or six "lounge" areas in which to sit and relax, have a drink, enjoy the fireplace on a chilly London day and just enjoy the quiet atmosphere. The front desk staff is fantastic. Friendly, helpful and they get the idea of customer service.

But, there are problems with housekeeping and maintenance. We arrived at 3:00 p.m. and had to wait over an hour for our room to be ready. Louise, at the front desk, was very helpful and made several calls to the housekeeping supervisor to find out the status of our room. It appears that the supervisor was not following through on his promises to make the room ready in a timely fashion. She was very apologetic, tried to find us another room of the same type that was ready and arranged for tea and cookies in the lobby for us. So, kudos to Louise for her attentiveness and proactive management of the situation. No kudos for the housekeeping supervisor who did not follow through on his promises and failed to ready the room by a standard 3:00 check-in time.

Doyle Collection has spent a lot of money on its lobby and other facilities, but the rooms definitely are seeing wear and tear. Stained grout in the shower, a rusty and dirty-looking shower head, a bathroom sink that made an awful racket after use, a bathtub drain plug that had to be pried up with a nail file after use (the maintenance supervisor fixed that problem quite creatively, but the loud sink could not be fixed), a foul smell in the hallway that was present the entire week we were there, a bed that sagged in the middle and just a kind of overall downhill trend we've noticed since first staying there in 2009.

I hope the company devotes some attention to this property in the near future.

1 Thank selmrl
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please allow me to start by thanking you for
your continued support of the Marylebone Hotel, we greatly appreciate
and value your custom and take your feedback incredibly seriously.

Whilst I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our service and in
particular the attentiveness of Louise, who I know genuinely cares about
our guests, I am disappointed and sorry to read of the issues you
experienced on arrival and within your bedroom. I have responded to you in person already and appreciate your positive reply. We want the very best for our guests and to this end have instigated a pro active continuous renovation program to maintain and improve our product and facilities, which include a number of projects commencing this year. I am confidant you will enjoy the result when your return.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel and as discussed would be very appreciative if you would contact me personally prior to your next visit.

With kind regards