US$379
  • Pool
US$344
US$291
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$183
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$204
US$190
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$264
US$219
Priceline
US$211
US$175
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscardinal suitesignature suitefulham roaddesign hotelsouth kensingtonwedding nightrestaurant downstairsromantic weekendquiet neighborhoodthe general managerafternoon teaturn down servicecontinental breakfasta lovely staysingle roomluxurychelsea
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I had the pleasure of staying here recently, and hope to do so again. Everyone I encountered were courteous and professional especially on check in and at the bar. As a novice gin drinker I really appreciated the knowledge of the hotel barman who found me a perfect gin ( Monkey 47) for my taste buds and made me a lovely special G&T it would have been very rude of me not to have one more. My room was a stylish, spacious light corner room (308 - 5 Windows). It had a lovely deep bath, perfect for soaking in, and more importantly had powerful running water so filled up quickly. The large monsoon shower was blissful in the morning and easily controlled so I didn't feel like I was been drowned. Nothing is too much trouble here, if you have any preferences they will do their very best to make them happen. As a sole female traveller I loved the high quality service but lack of pretentiousness that some hotels can have. I ate in my room and the roast chicken did literally melt in my mouth - absolutely cooked to perfection. I also indulged in the Ferrero Roche dessert that was a decadent treat , looked and tasted divine and for anyone who loves a chocolately rich pudding make sure you leave space for it. I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, my poached egg was fresh and perfectly cooked as was my pancake with berries. The hotel stay was a luxurious treat and a lovely calm oasis away from the bustle of the city. If you like professional, personalised service with great food and an excellent location give it a go. Blakes has my recommendation.

Room Tip: When booking, let them know your preferences.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
BlakesHotel, General Manager at Blakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Yorks-Girly
Wow!
Thank you so much for your kind words, this has made the whole team realise that all the hard work they put in, from the front desk, housekeeping to the restaurant and bar that it is worth it.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, when are you coming back? We will roll out the red carpet for you, and get the gin in!!
We work very hard to create a homely feel at Blakes, and we really try to get away from that hotel feel, it seems we are getting it right, by your comments.
Let me know when you are coming back, Monkey 47 on me..
Have a wonderful festive season

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful stay we had
Can't speak highly enough of the staff they really go out of their way to accommodate any requirements
Great location
Clean beautifully decorated room
Comfortable bed
Grand bathroom
Will definitely return

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Eden_clarke08
Thank you for taking the to write this positive review, and thank you for staying with us at Blakes.
I am so please you enjoyed your time in our little house, and I am even more pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your interaction with our amazing team, they really are quite special and really do create the experience.
I hope we will see you at Blakes very soon.
Have a wonderful festive season.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. I was in a single room which was small (as expected) but generally well-appointed. The location is great...fantastic neighborhood with nice restaurants in walking distance and two tube stops and bus transportation close by. The staff was generally friendly and I enjoyed my meal at the restaurant. Overall it was a good stay at a great price for a luxury boutique hotel.

There were a few things that made my stay less than perfect though.

1. The single room in which I stayed has just a shower which was expected in a small space. However, the shower did not drain properly so the shower pan filled with water.
2. The room has outlets for both a continental plug and a US one. Neither worked. The UK outlets worked intermittently. I did have the hotel send someone up to check the outlets. They came up quickly but as the UK outlet was an intermittent problem, of course with my luck it appeared to work when maintenance was in the room and then went out while I was asleep, leaving me with an uncharged phone when I was ready to leave. As for the continental and US plugs, I would not have expected to have these in the UK, but I do think that if they are in the room they should work. Instead, the maintenance person just shrugged and said that I had to use an adapter.
3. The television was annoying. One remote to power on and adjust the volume. Another remote to change the channel.
4. The bathroom lighting was completely inadequate if you expect to apply makeup and not leave looking like a circus clown.
5. The full length mirror was in the closet which would normally be okay but because of the size of the room, there was not enough room to stand in front of the mirror at enough distance to really assess your reflection in the mirror.
6. When I arrived at the hotel early, I left my bags and was told that I would be contacted when my room was ready and my bags would be in the room when I returned. I never received any notification that my room was ready so I just came back to the hotel at 4:30 (check in was at 3). I still had to wait for my bags to be brought up. Frankly, this would not have been a big deal, but I was annoyed that they told me they would contact me when they did not.

None of these issues were major, but they are still things that I would not expect with a hotel of this class.

I stayed here because I wanted to try someplace new and I do not regret it. But because there are so many hotels in London that I prefer, I am not particularly likely to stay here again. I would rate it 3.5 stars.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank isvaradeva
BlakesHotel, General Manager at Blakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear isvaradeva
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and also bring to my attention some of the areas of the hotel that we seem to be falling behind on. I will bring all of your points up with the managers, to try and find a solution.
I sincerely apologies for the lack of care from the team, especially when you asked for help, a shrug of the shoulders is not what we expect from Blakes, and will be dealt with internally.
Some of the other items your mentioned, to me are basics that a hotel should be getting right.
Please let me know if you should ever wish to return, so I can personally ensure you taken great care of, and are sleeping in a room that is fully functioning.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We were checked in by the lovely Shannon who showed us to our room. She really went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and that we were happy.
We had a luxury double which was beautifully decorated with luxurious fabrics and a roll top bath.
We found all of the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. We found the prices to be very reasonable considering the area of London that it is located in.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah G
I must say, I loved reading you review on Blakes, and I see that you really understood and enjoyed the home away from home feel thdat we have created. Shannon is a true star.
I am so please you enjoyed your time with us, please consider Blakes your London home, and we your family.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I booked here in anticipation of a nice stay for my wife and I visiting our daughter in London. My Luxury room was below grade ( in America we would say the basement...) that could be excused if the fitting were nice but the room smelled a bit and the furniture looked like somebody took it from an old disco or brothel..very very disappointing. Moved hotel for my wife’s arrival. All this for 570 per nigh..that’s sterling. They should be ashamed and i should be embarrassed not just angry

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank B491OVwilliamf

Dear B4910Vwilliamf
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am so sorry that we let you down so much, this is really not how we want any guest to remember their time at Blakes.
We have undergone many changes at Blakes over the last twelve months, trying to improve the service and general look of the hotel, it seems to me we still have some way to go.
Please email me directly so I can liaise with you to try and turn this situation round.
iantelford@blakeshotels.com