“Truly a home away from home...Outstanding!!”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Milestone Hotel for nine nights over the Christmas and New Year holiday. I cannot say enough about the management, staff and hotel in general. Without exception, every staff member treated us with the utmost respect and really, really seemed to care about our needs.

We initially had some concerns about staying in a hotel on Christmas Day but the Milestone and its staff made it a wonderful (and very memorable) day. The day started by us finding a Christmas stocking with wrapped presents attached to our hotel room door on Christmas morning...then we had a fabulous full English breakfast in our room followed that evening by an outstanding dinner in Cheneston's Restaurant...finally, we capped off this great day with evening tea in the library (which we experienced every night of our stay). In addition to the hotel itself, the Milestone's Kensington location is perfect...we walked everywhere from the hotel and very much enjoyed our walks in Hyde Park.

I've stayed in many "so called" first class hotels and all too often they've sadly missed the mark but in the case of the Milestone, they’re truly a first class establishment at every level and expertly operated and managed. We guarantee we will return as soon as we can....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BCSE
MilestoneGM, Front Office Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear Reviewer

I was absolutely delighted to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay at Christmas. Christmas is a special time at The Milestone Hotel and all the team here try their hardest to make it, as you said, "a home from home." In fact our aim is to do that all through the year !!

Anyway I have passed on your kind words to all the team here at the hotel and I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

Kind regards and with renewed thanks

Neil Anderson
Front of House Manager

There are newer reviews for The Milestone Hotel

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed here in December for husbands 50th birthday. He had no idea where we where going, everything had been booked and arranged in secret, and i am pleased to say, we both had a fantastic time.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful, nice touch to be called by your name, and also remembering what you had to drink the night before when ordering a drink the next evening. The staff we found, are about when required, and very helpful and friendly, not constantly hounding you!

Suite was beautiful, well equipped, romantic turndown was beautiful, and all the other little touches left in the room both nights.

Food was good, breakfast was beautiful, did have to wait for a table on the sunday morning, but not for long, maybe only 5 mins, so not a problem at all, nice chance to read and look at all the information/history about the hotel.

All in all, a great place to stay, would recomment to anybody, and we are currently saving up for our next trip to London to stay here, more birthdays coming up, wedding anniversary, really special place to celebrate.

Room Tip: We had a suite overlooking Kensington Park, no traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alyson67
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your wonderful review complimenting The Milestone Hotel.

I was delighted that you decided to join us for your 50th birthday celebrations, our team do work endlessly to ensure The Milestone make every occasion a memorable one. I am happy you mentioned our service as we do pay particular attention to striking the right balance between being engaged yet unobtrusive. Our restaurant does get particularly busy over the weekend however I invite you to enjoy the complimentary Room Service Breakfast we pride ourselves on delivering to our guests with breakfast inclusive packages.

I noted that you are looking to return for another special occasion and am looking forward to delivering another memorable experience.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I had the pleasure of having afternoon tea with my fiance' and parents before going to Royal Albert Hall for a Christmas concert. The Milestone had won the the Top London Tea Place awards of 2011, so I was curious if it had truly deserved this honour.

The hotel itself was absolutely divine. Interiors of a high quality and very welcoming staff. The room in which the afternoon tea was served was was just the right size and very cozy and warm. The environment was tranquil, peaceful and very civilized. It really is a place to enjoy the comforts of British food culture with good company.

The afternoon tea itself was of a very high quality and the presentation was immaculate. The Milestone truly deserved its win in 2011 and I'm sure will continue to keep its reputation as the place to go to for afternoon tea. I can't wait to find another occasion to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathalie S

Dear Reviewer

I was delighted that you decided to join us for Afternoon Tea following the tea council awards. Our Park Lounge is such an amazing tranquil venue which is appreciated by all our guests. I am happy that you enjoyed our top quality offering and noted that you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

On arrival at the Milestone we were greeted by very friendly concierge staff who quickly organised our rooms and luggage. The junior suite had excellent taste and decor. The rooms had everything to make our stay comfitable. What made our stay enjoyable was the personel touches like the turn back of the bed with a book and book light together with chocolates on the pillows.The bathroom was filled with luxurious cosmetics of excellent taste.
We have stayed at several 5* hotels in the city centre for conveniance but in our opinion nothing compares to the service and little extras provided at the Milestaone. My wife felt like a celebrity.
The hotel has an excellent view of Kennington Palace and Hyde Park.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heiske D

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

I am pleased to read such a glowing review of our Concierge service; the team do aim to make every one of our guests feel extra special. Our in room amenities and bespoke touches is a very unique trait of The Milestone and our team are encouraged to make every one of our guests stays unique and memorable. I am happy that your wife felt like a celebrity whilst staying with us and hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We arrived at The Milestone Hotel on September 10th
From the time we stepped from our cab until we were bid farewell at 7pm on September 13th,
The service we received from your professional ,friendly staff was nothing less than outstanding.

Your hotel was recommended to us by our Travel Agent- James Irving of MTA Travel -Robina Queensland Australia
James has been handling our travel arrangements for over 20 years and is very aware of our needs.
The Milestone certainly measured up to our expectations and more.
The staff, from the Door ,Reception, Bar,Restaurants,Service to room are all to be congratulated for their excellent service.
A family member surprised us by booking into your hotel for 2 nights.
We knew we had a very good package deal organised by James.
I approached the reception explaining the family member was a sister I hadn't seen for 2 years and if possible an upgrade of some description would be a pleasant surprise for her and her partner.
Your reception organised an upgrade .
This upgrade was far beyond what I had expected.
My sister and her partner had never experienced this type of accommodation before
It was delightful to see their excitement, a once in a lifetime experience for them.
A very impressive Hotel .It is of no wonder you are a member of
The Leading Small Hotels of the World
We will keep The Red Carnation Hotel Group in mind for future travel.
Certainly, The Milestone will be the choice for London
Jenny Coyle

Room Tip: all rooms would be acceptable
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Jenny

Thank you for your wonderful detailed review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose The Milestone for your visit in September. I will be sure to send James a thank you note for recommending you to us. Our team were very happy to read your comments about their excellent service; they do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity. I am also very happy that your sister had such a memorable stay and happy that we made their once in a lifetime experience so special.

Thank you for keeping us in mind for your future travel endeavours and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.