“Fantastic location, great value, clean but plain”

St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #620 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the years, and the main reason is always the same: can't beat it for the price and its location, right in the heart of London. The rooms are clean, on the small size (welcome to London), plain and anonimous but comfortable. I was on my own and this place is extremely convenient and feels safe.
Breakfast wasn't included but there are plenty of cafes around the corner (which are better quality and better value than the hotel's own breakfast place).
The only big negative: no free wi-fi.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I have just spent a night at this Hotel, it is the second I have stayed there and cannot fault it. The staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms I have stayed in have been clean and smart. The main attraction for this hotel though is its very convenient location, 2 minutes from tottenham Court Road tube station and minutes walk away from Covent Garden and other attractions. The prices are very reasonable too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I am currently sitting in the "lazy dog" bar and this is probably my least favourite part of the hotel. It does not know what it is trying to be... It ha old skool, cheesy, music, lots of tacky signage and everything just looks a bit rough. The entrance is actually quite impressive and although the rooms are small they have everything that one needs for a short stay. Wouldn't like to stay much longer than a night or two tho... The location is fantastic though... Staff everywhere, except lazy dog bar, are polite and professional with the best customer service without a doubt being offered in the casino.. :/
Overall not bad and quite reasonably priced too...

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Roddy M
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Excellent value for my stay in this hotel. Wonderfully central. I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Americk
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Firstly, thanks for a great nights stay!

We booked a hotel room for a one night stay at the St Giles mid February, booking in London is always a challenge when you are from a small town like us! We needed a Hotel close to the Lyceum where we had tickets for a show, and this hotel is IDEAL! Just a short taxi ride Victoria Station and even shorter Taxi ride to the Theatre itself.
I must extend my thanks to Joe on the concierge who responded to the email I had sent 2 weeks before we had arrived. I had asked for some advice on how to get to and from the hotel to the theatre and Victoria Station too, and his advice made our trip sooo much easier!
I wish I had the chance to thank him in person the night we had stayed!

I would also like to add - great welcome from the front office team, very clean, comfortable and modern rooms with fantstic showers!!

Very much look forward to staying in the hotel again for our next visit!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends