11,866 results
All reviewscovent gardenwooden shuttersgin palacegreat locationmask bartrafalgar squaresingle roomcharing cross stationwest endlounge barexecutive roomtheatre landcentral locationrooms are smallstreet noiselondon eyefull english
Reviewed 5 April 2018

First off, this hotel is so centrally located that you quickly forget the size of rooms and the limited amenities of the hotel. My room had no window. It likely had not had an update since 1980. But it was clean. It was quiet and I couldn't loose anything as the room was rather small. But once outside everything that London offers the traveller is within a 2 to 3 tube stop or an easy, stroll. The service staff are excellent and very attentive. So disregard the state of the room and focus on the location.

Room Tip: Enquire at the time of check in what window view your room has. Frosted glass and wooden blinds aren't really a view.....
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Patrick B, Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I do apologise that you were unhappy with the overall quality of your room; I do hope that once our refurbishment is complete you are able to come back and enjoy the improvements that we have worked hard to make possible.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I imagine the hotel had its peak a few decades ago - and its apparent this time has well passed.

When you enter the front door the reception is quite confusing - the concierge had to point out to us that the reception is on the other side.

I took the option to upgrade to the ‘double’ instead of a ‘single room’ and the room was small but not too small (I stayed in smaller hotels in London, this one I could still open my medium size luggage and I am pretty sure if I travelled with my partner, two suitcases could be opened in the room, though we have to jump over one going to the bed).

There is a window in the room but its painted... white that light could not go through. Why? I dont know and I didnt bother to find out as it was quite late at night. I liked the fact there is a USB plug on the bed frame but the only way to put the phone if we charge using it would be on top of the bed (meaning if I accidentally pull the cable, the phone will fall on top of my head?)

Shower was an epic fail, and I highlighted this to the front desk when I checked out. No matter how i adjusted the shower head the floor is ALWAYS wet. I hate wet floors and end up mopping the floor in the middle of the night using whatever towels I didnt use.

Breakfast can be included or not included near the room - honestly though, there are many places to have breakfast out of the hotel by walking distance, I say just have it there (I did).

OK now the positive. The location is fantastic. Three tube stations are walking distance. The hotel has these vending machines which virtually sell anything (I forgot my travel adapter and bought it from there)

I would say if you visit London (considering hotel price vs distance), almost everywhere is reachable by tube. I say choose a nicer hotel but not-so-central and take a longer tube ride.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Artistry105

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

It is disappointing that you feel our Hotel has 'passed its peak'; we are currently in the process of a complete Hotel refurbishment, so I hope that once completed we are able to change your opinion in this regard.

I am sorry to read you were disappointed with the view from the room during this stay. We are currently in the process of a long-term strategic improvement plan for our Hotel and we are paying a great deal of attention to enhancing the existing rooms, aesthetically, technologically and physically. As part of this project we do have contractors working on the outside of the Hotel; due to this, we have restricted the view for some of our guests to ensure complete privacy. We are doing everything possible to keep disruption to a minimal with works being completed outside of our busiest hours, however I understand this does impact on the view whilst these rooms are in use.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This hotel has a superb location, and I've stayed there many times before. As usual, the room was very clean, the facilities fine and the reception staff friendly and polite. However, I made the mistake of eating in the hotel's Grill Bar: the food was poor and ludicrously over-priced. Furthermore, after paying in cash, I had to go back twice to get the correct change. I'd stay at the hotel again but would certainly never eat there again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Neil,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I do apologise that you were unhappy with your experience in the Carvery and Grill; I will ensure this is passed onto our Food and Drinks team as this is most disappointing.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I come to this hotel for 40 years and I know how the rooms are. There are usually ok but I did not know I could have this time a sensory isolation tank for a room. As there was some work the room had opaque windows: a nightmare! Fortunately the room was changed when I asked but with a higher fare. Such inconveniences should be stated on booking. If I had known that I would otherwise have done.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

Information regarding the works we currently have going on can be found on our website.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I lived in a single room located on the 9th floor which is quiet and comfortable. The room is not very large but more than enough for one person. The equipment is quite new and in a good condition. In addition, the bars on the ground floor are very nice, staff are also warm and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel; it is most exciting to read that you stayed in one of our newly refurbished rooms, I hope you were just as excited as we are!