“Gorgeous Hotel, Great Location, Glorious Time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Martins Lane London Hotel

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #70 of 1,089 Hotels in London
New York
“Gorgeous Hotel, Great Location, Glorious Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

St. Martins Lane Hotel, was prob the best hotel experience I had while traveling to Europe. Their Concierge's are just lovely and will help you get any reservation or needs desired while on vacation. They are highly knowledgeable about the hot spots in London, and will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you want! We stayed in the Deluxe King room which was perfect! We got a great deal too bc of Easter Holiday! The shower was by far the best part of the room, great pressure as well as great free Malin and Goetz Soaps. The bed was also very comfy as well. The room service food was also delicious! Lastly this hotel was in the west end, but I must say the perfect location. Right down the street from buckingham palace, surrounded by all the exciting broadway shows, centerally located to all the shopping areas easily accessible by cab or tub. I loved staying here, and the next time I go back to london, I hope to stay there again! It is well worth your money! Enjoy and take my word, you will not be dissapointed!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jesper S, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
We absolutely love being Gorgeous, Great and Glorious in all areas! Thank you so much for the 3G review and also for highlighting the amazing Concierge team, it’s wonderful to know that they contributed to a memorable guest experience. We’re delighted that you had an opportunity to enjoy many of the best sights and sounds in London which are all close to the hotel. We can’t wait to welcome you back for another 3G experience, and do let us know when you are next staying at St Martins Lane.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
southport
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed for one night, good Friday. Note the hotel does not have its name on the building?
Good friendly welcome, as we arrived earlier than checkin we did not expect the room to be ready, howeve it was! Complimentary drink provided, wow...
The Room: Tiny but sufficient for a one night stay
Big let down: NO tea or coffee facilities, expensive room service, at least starbucks was right outside.
The Light bar, or should I say the Dark bar, long room actual bar closed but waitress service supplied. Used the complimentary drink voucher, it was a shot, not a choice of drink.

Dinner the AsiaCuba restaurant: we were with a large party, it was good food but overall I would say it was average, but would reserve full judgement as large party might not be the best way to judge the food.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We’re pleased that you had an opportunity to experience so many elements of the hotel on your short stay, and we will always look to have a room ready for earlier arrivals. The original ethos by Ian Schrager was to create an air of mystery about the building and encourage people to come into the Lobby to enjoy a new style of design and service, however we now do have the address noted on the front window. We also originally did not include tea/coffee making facilities, again this is something that we looking to change as part of a room refreshment programme over the next year. We have just introduced a new menu into Asia De Cuba and hope you will have a chance to dine again when you next stay, at that time please let us know your reservation details and we look forward to welcoming you back.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel in an emergency in February with my wife. We turned up at the hotel at 1.00am on a Sunday morning with no reservation. The front desk was very helpful and was able to provide us with a room for the night.

The hotel is furnished very tastefully and it is clean and modern. The room was spacious and very comfortable. We were very grateful for getting a room at such short notice but there was a price to pay as it was expensive.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased to have been able to help and thank you for the kind words on your experience. Our rates will vary in relation to availability and February is a popular month with Valentine’s and London Fashion Week particularly creating demand, our website will always have best rates and availability throughout the year. We hope you will have a chance to stay with us again, in less stressful circumstances, and please do let us know your reservation details as we would love to see you again.
coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had booked the hotel for my wife’s birthday a few months back and had tied it in to see a show (which was matilda and was excellent). I booked the hotel on the look of the hotel more than anything as my wife is a designer and can be more than picky!!! I thought the whole hotel looked amazing on the website and hoped that it was like that in real life as some hotels magically transform into something else from the pictures shown.
When turning up to the hotel I was glad to see that so far it lived up to the pictures with the lobby and the restaurant looking ace! As we were early we left our bags and went for a look around the shops returning a few hours later when the room was ready. I can honestly say it was one of the best inner city hotel rooms I have stayed in. I didn’t think it was that small like some people on here have stated (I stayed in a similar hotel in New York were I on had 2ft max around the bed, cupboard of a bathroom and I think the wardrobe was under the bed). The room was tidy, fresh and the candles in the bathroom seem too had just been lit.

Once we had seen the show it was about 11.15 when we got back to the hotel and we were hoping to have dinner. Thinking that this could be a problem as it was quite late. This was quite the opposite, the restaurant was still lively and we only had to wait 10mins for a table. We went to the light bar for a drink during the wait and while the drinks were a touch on the pricy side, the atmosphere, service and quality made up for that easily. We were then told when our table was ready and told to come through whenever we were ready and to have another drink and not to rush if we wanted. Once seated we were not felt rushed at all considering it was nearly 12oclock. We skipped the starters and went to the mains, the food was amazing and the tuna steaks come highly recommended. I would happily when in London again, if not staying in the hotel, go back to the restaurant.

In the morning the breakfast was to just the same standard and then checked out. Nothing wrong on the bill, nothing wrong with the room and nothing wrong with the service. Ok things can be a touch pricy but when you book the room you know how much you are paying and therefore must have an idea of what region everything else will be.

Like I said in the title, I wasn’t disappointed and was exactly what I was expecting.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Ashley, it’s great to know that we exceeded your expectations, particularly on such a special occasion as your wife’s birthday, and thank you so much for your lovely comments, you have captured the essence of the style and ambience that we look to create for all our guests and we’re delighted that you had a chance to enjoy both the Light Bar and Asia De Cuba during your brief stay. Now that you know what to expect, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel whenever you are in London and please do let us know when you’re next staying with us.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I spent a week at St. Martin's Lane on a business trip in March. I arrived very early on a Sunday AM, and Isabel at the front desk was extremely accommodating in finding me an available room for an early check in after my long flight from NY. The hotel location is amazing, the rooms are very clean and modern, and all of the staff were very helpful. My only complaint is that the bed was not very comfortable at all. Very hard mattress.

Additionally, upon check out I accidentally left my mobile phone in my room, and Isabel sent me an email later that evening letting me know that I had left it and offered to send it to me back in the States. Luckily, I was still in London, so I was able to retrieve it from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kyle H
Jesper S, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Kyle, we’re so pleased that you enjoyed your week with us and thank you particularly for the lovely comments on Isabel’s assistance. We will always look to room guests as quickly as possible for early arrivals and apologies if we were not aware of any discomfort with the mattress as we should have been pleased to organise another room where the mattress may have been softer. We look forward to welcoming you back, business or leisure, and please let us know when you are next staying with us so we can ensure a comfortable stay.