I was staying here for work, having meetings at nearby UCL. It took me a little while to walk there, as London is always larger than I had remembered! The staff were very welcoming on arrival, and the hotel itself looked very modern and fresh when I stepped through the door: a complete contrast from the exterior which was very traditional!
The lift was a bit of a tight squeeze, but it turns out they had multiple lifts, and I just ended up in one of the pokier ones. As it happens, they have a really attractive central stair case, so I used that once I had dumped my suitcase in the room, which was nice.
The room itself was unusually laid out, but very comfortable. A nice TV, a decent bed, and a reasonable bathroom made the room a nice place to be, and I slept very well. The only real downside was the view out of the window! That was more London Blitz than London Ritz, but I guess someone has to look out that side!
There was a slightly faulty light fixture, which I mentioned on my way out one morning, and that was fixed by the time I returned in the afternoon.
A downside was that the nearest tube station was Holborn, which was having some escalator replacements, so there were massive queues just to get in the door of the station, let alone to actually get on a train. In the end I just walked a slightly longer route to Euston Square and that worked fine for me.
I would definitely consider staying here again if I find myself in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End (WC1) formerly the Park Inn London Russell Square, is a newly-renovated four-star hotel in Bloomsbury near Russell Square. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops on Oxford Street. The hotel features 237 fresh and modern guest rooms, recently refurbished to a superior four-star standard (including Standard, Deluxe and Premium Deluxe rooms as well as Apartments). Wireless high-speed Internet access is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel London
- Park Inn Russell Square
- Bonnington Hotel London
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel London - West End