3,753 results
All reviews old street tube station steam room theatre break bit dated tea and coffee breakfast was excellent full english good nights sleep west end shoreditch pubs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Key cards not activated, so had to go down 5 floors to rectify.Children’s beds not made up, had to go down 5 floors to rectify.No bottle opener provided, room service unavailable, so told to take bottles down to the bar to be opened.Mattress on sofa bed was ridiculously thin. The 2 small children were extremely uncomfortable. Would definitely not be suitable for child over 11.Be aware that the pool closes early on a Saturday, 19.45. We booked this hotel on the basis of a pool for the children, only to find it wasn’t available when we could use it. Poor.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chand T, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Juliea84

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience and for the major inconveniences. Feedback of this nature is very disappointing and I will address this with the service teams right away. My apologies that you were unaware of the times of the pool - we have this on our website, but I am sorry your stay was affected.

We are working hard to improve our services and we hope you will visit again in the future to see this for yourself.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is modern and the rooms are extremely comfortable! We asked for 3 rooms close to eachother and they gave us 3 rooms right next to each other. Just perfect! Beds were amazing, one of the rooms had a mini fridge and the shower was good (nothing special there). Breakfast is a 10+ because of the many, many choices and quality of the food. Also a big shoutout to the people working at the breakfast - they do anything to fit your needs! I find the hotel near the city centre, however you need to walk to the metro station for about 10-15 min and everytime we went to the city centre we also had to tranfer lines. But for price-quality this hotel is a good one! Ps. There is a pool! How nice if you need some time to relax!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ester K

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything was to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have visited this hotel many times. If you get located in the main hotel part it's fine. If you are placed in the building opposite the staircase is dirty and there is a more depressing feel to the place. I couldn't get wi fi there and the TV didn't work. They tried to mend it and did leave a sweet note saying sorry they couldn't fix it and would replace the next day but i was only there for one night. The replay bar didn't have the first two drinks I requested on the menu and the lady at the bar was very indifferent. On a plus side the people at the pool were very friendly and breakfast though very busy was fantastic with its choice of items available

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cherylv639

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican. I am happy to read that you enjoyed aspects of your stay with us. I am, however, sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations and that you experienced the issues that you had. I have taken your feedback to the service teams to ensure that we address these and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Room I stayed in was fit for purpose but so hot and no idea how to turn the temperature down. Was charged twice for breakfast even though my room included breakfast - lady on reception when I checked in was brilliant very helpful - lady on the way out very unhelpful I had to go to her to checkout I asked for help to get a taxi she didn’t know I asked had I had a refund for the breakfast they double charged me for she said she didn’t know - waiter who served me in the evening was very good and the food delicious compliments to the chef

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear angelaod

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican. I am happy to read that you enjoyed aspects of your stay with us. I am, however, sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations and apologise for the inconvenience. I have taken your feedback on board and will ensure this is addressed. Please let me know if you did not receive your refund and I will action this.

We are working hard to improve our services and we hope you will visit again in the future to see this for yourself,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the hotel for a weekend. When we arrived in the hotel, we were welcomed by the vers nice staf. Our room was nice and clean. We enjoyed the swimmingpool and the rest of the leisure facilities a lot, a nice extra in the hotel. The breakfast in the morning was very extensive, there was nothing missing. When we went back to the reception and asked the staff if they had any suggestions, Norehane and Mandy were very helpful and we had a lovely day in London!

Room Tip: Room in main building
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Henry K

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican and for your kind words. I will ensure Norehane and Mandy are aware that you mentioned them.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.