New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of So Paddington

So Paddington
Ranked #955 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Excellent staff and perfect location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed in So paddington hotel for five nights. We got a nice, clean room. (actually got to choose between two different rooms) The staff was great - especially Francis I think his name was. He helped us a lot. The breakfast could have been a little bit better - other than that we were really pleased. We are definitely coming back to this hotel and I am going to recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Patricia H H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Me and boyfriend stayed for one night at SO Paddington. I chose it for the location and for it's cheapness. I suppose the price should have been an indication of the quality to be expected.
The staff were pleasant enough though, so no complaints there. We were situated in a double room on the top floor. The ceiling, curtains and walls had dirty marks. The bed was awful, very hard with springs that must have been broken. In the bathroom the cold water tap ran warm.
The worst came in the morning when we were awoken from the sound of what would seem to be all the water pipes in the building running through our bathroom. The noise went on for quite a while as obviously other guests were using the showers in their rooms. Needless to say we made sure we made a swift exit after that. I wanted a cheap place to stay but I'll be looking elsewhere next time.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kjc88

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I truly believe this hotel has received some unfair feedback.

We got a great deal on this prime location hotel by using the Trivargo website but our main priority was a hotel in a great location with a clean and quiet room (which is exactly what we got!). This hotel is 2 minutes away from Paddington tube station and around the corner from lots of pubs and restaurants.

All of the staff are friendly and we got lots of smiles and hello's from people that work here. A special mention must go to Francis and Lucica who worked on the reception desk. I think Francis is a duty manager. Both these members of staff were very helpful, friendly and professional in there approach. It was my partners birthday and I put this in the booking and both members of staff wished him happy birthday. Needless to say, the little fuss put a smile on my partners face!

When booking the room I asked for a quiet room and we were even given a choice of viewing 2 rooms to choose from. This was very unexpected and very welcome. We chose room 404 and had a good nights sleep which when considering the location was surprising. The hotel could definitely do with a refurb as I think it has a lot of potential. It's location and staff are it's strong points. There is no lift here but that was not a problem as I was expecting that from reading tripadvisor.

To conclude - this hotel is clearly not The Ritz but if you are looking for a clean and reasonably priced BASE to explore London then look no further. We will certainly be back!!

• Stayed February 2012
6 Thank tar25zebra
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

After reading several reviews on trip advisor I was expecting the worst. However I was pleasantly surprised. Myself and my husband stayed in a double room which was small and basic, but clean. The reception staff were welcoming and the location was fantastic - two minutes from tube station, plenty of places to eat and good pubs. Perfect base for a couple of nights at a very good price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lizzyg63
Bideford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Very helpful staff, clean rooms, a minute's walk from Paddington station so easy to check in & leave bags before heading off for meetings during the day. Have stayed several times now and consider it excellent value for money with very comfortable beds - free wifi, tea & coffee facilities in the room are on offer - not always the case with other hotels nearby. I agree with one of the other reviewers - a hairdryer in the room would be good, but I'm not complaining and will continue to use this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business