1,037 results
All reviews lancaster gate continental breakfast central line four poster bed paddington station oxford street lovely room
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for two nights during a business trip and I can tell that if I were there by my own I would not have spend 5 minutes in that room.

Two separate beds, with a cover that has probably never been washed, moquette pavement dirty and completely destroyed. Windows didn't close properly and no drawers where to store clothes.

Worst thing happened in the bathroom - found hairs everywhere even on the towels

Ceramic of the sink was broken

I complained with the manager and he just said "I am sorry", didn't offer to change room, nor made it up again on the same moment nor received any type of apologizes.

If this is a 4 star hotel I am queen Elizabeth.

Stay away from there

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Moska1978
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Hi all be very cautious, I booked 3 nights- all confirmed and paid for it. To get a call next day saying they can not honour booking and I am being evicted. This is a dreadful thing to do, no mention on booking. Will be taking this further as now no hotel, then more expense to me this is fraud. Room wasn't the cleanest or as advertised 4 star hotel. Shameful practice to say the least. I am out of pocket big time - DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL

1  Thank Simon T
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed here as part of our trip to the Proms in the Park event at Hyde Park. The location is great, walk to the Park rather than tube. The initial impression of the outside and reception area is good. However, after arriving at 11am to drop bags, I was told I couldn't complete check in forms till after 2pm. Arrived back at the hotel at 2.15 and a long queue of people, all trying to check in at the same time. It's a tiny reception desk and the four staff, though friendly, wee tripping over each other trying to move guests through. We had a twin room, lower ground floor. The room was shabby, carpet threadbare and repaired with tape in places. The room was grubby and looked as if it hadn't been painted or maintained in years. We were at the front of the hotel and could hear loud arguments outside from early morning, little soundproofing at the front of the building.A real shame as the staff seemed good but hampered by outdated check in systems, and the whole place needs some maintenance. Great potential being ruined by poor management and lack of investment.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

It's clean is it's safe ish but it's really needs a make over with skilled repair professionals don't really want to diss the place but it needs saying needs bringing into the 21st century the lobby is lovely but goes down hill the higher the floor you visit ....

And what's with all the signs some don't even make sense and the pictures should actually be the meal you are going to get .

The radio at breakfast can you not tune that in better .

But it's a hotel in London you won't be spending much time there you will be out doing stuff so in that respect it's fine and very well located .

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My friends and I spent quality time at this small hotel. It is almost familiar, very nice staff. Lacks a restaurant but there are many available within 250 yards. Near the queensway and paddington hustle and bustle, this hotel is a piece of heaven at hyde park area. I highly reccomend you, at least, a weekend stay to visit this place.

Trip type: Travelled with friends