8,987 results
All reviewsdrury lanecovent gardenhigh holborngreat locationtravel lodgesuper roomtheatre landwest endearly checkfamily roomcentral locationbudget hotelbritish museumcomfy bedwould stay againtea and coffeegood nights sleep
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I booked this hotel
For our visit to London as the proximity to the theatres we were seeing shows was convenient. We were approximately a 30 minute walk from Euston station. We booked a super room and were very impressed with the ease of check-in and our overall stay. We were seconds from the New London theatre for School of Rock and a short walk through China Town for Les Miserables to Queens Theatre. The rooms were very well equipped with a coffee maker, kettle with refills replenished daily, iron and board and TV. We visited the bar in one evening which was good but didn’t use the restaurant facilities. I would recommend this hotel for easy access to Covent Garden and would definitely return next visit. PS the cafe opposite, Drury, was wonderful for Breakfast!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great location and good hotel, perfect for an overnight London break. Was just a short walk from the theatre which was great when we were returning late at night. The hotel was also lovely and quiet, this partly could’ve been due to the room being on the ninth floor but also it wasn’t a noisy area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Brillant location close to Covent Garden and 5 minutes walk from the tube (both Holborn and Covent Garden). Great hotel if you are looking for something simple - room and bath, nothing fancy. Very good with kids and a breakfast that fits all needs.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I stayed here a few weeks ago, been a long time since we have been in Travelodge as our go to now is always Premier Inn who are absolutely amazing - rooms, bed, food, staff, price etc and we have stayed in many in London all with the same outstanding service. Sorry I know I'm supposed to be reviewing Travelodge, just wanted to say there has been a massive improvement in the overall look / standard of Travelodge with the updated rooms but unfortunately all these rooms only have a shower not a bath option which also makes the toilet/shower area very small - for that reason alone I don't think will be staying there again. Location of course is perfect being close to Covent Garden and another big plus is Jake on reception - the guy is a breath of fresh air, welcoming, helpful, funny, engaging - if there's a reason to persuade me to go back, Jake would be it - never underestimate the effect reception staff have on your returning guests. Oh and one more thing - would be a nice touch to leave TWO kitkats in the double rooms!

Room Tip: if you specifically want a bath make sure to ask for room with one but will have to compromise with the older style rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here before for three days so knew what to expect, cheap and cheerful but I wasn’t paying as it was a business trip. Arrived at 11pm after a long journey this time I got off at Holborn instead of Covent Garden and much easier to find, five to ten mins walk max. Check in was simple enough although didn’t work on the machines as booked through company. Room was cool enough and clean. Had a shower and went to sleep.

Couldn’t access the paid for breakfast as the lounge was absolutely ram packed and I had a meeting to walk to. Thankfully just around the corner. So I forwent the breakfast as was going to be a long wait (really need to look at this it was the same two years ago as well).

Checkout smooth and simple and my stay was done . Would I return? Possibly but there are better hotels with free WiFi that are a similar price.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Red panda p
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge London Covent Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

We would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at our London Covent Garden hotel.

It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, we do thank you for taking the time to share your experience so these issues can be resolved so that this does not repeat for other guests.

We thank you again for this review and hope that this recent stay will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.