“Great Location! Nice Hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #358 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Cardiff
“Great Location! Nice Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I usually visit London as a lone female traveller and for the past few years have always chosen the Grafton. The location is great a stones throw from Warren street tube and there are various cafes and a Sainsburys opposite for those last minute essentials you forgot to pack!

The staff a very curteous and friendly and as a lone female you are made to feel very safe. There are lots of buses that run from a stop right outside the hotel that can take you into the heart of SoHo should you wish.

I have not had breakfast here but had drinks at the bar which which had a relaxing atmosphere and was very quiet even on a Saturday night. The drinks were reasonably priced adnd the staff very attentive.

They will keep your bags for you when you check out which is great for me as I like to take a wander around the British museum (10-15 min walk) before returning home.

I will be staying at the Grafton this weekend but this time I am taking my family! I hope they don't let me down as I have told them all when a fabulous little hotel this is!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank nothingness1234
HotelManagerGrafton, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Grafton Hotel and for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the local area well serviced and convenient.

The team at the Grafton are very passionate in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback on such public forums.

Please do call into my Front of House Manager - Wesley Swales prior to arrival, whose team will then oversee all bookings for the hotel and ensure your stay is to your complete satisfaction .

See you at the weekend!

Regards

Simon Wong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oberhausen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

The hotel is located right next to Warren St Station and a block away from Euston Square. You have almost all major underground lines nearby. With it's location on Tottenham Court Road you are in walking distance to the clubs in Soho and shopping district on Oxford Street. There are plenty of grocery stores and restaurants nearby.
The rooms are small - which is normal for London - but they are modern, newly renovated it seems, and very clean.
I arrived very early in the morning after an over night flight and they let me check in at 9am already. That was so sweet since the normal check in time is in the afternoon.
Everything was just fine and I'd stay there again anytime.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you chose the Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel and pleased to read that the stay was enjoyable.

The team at the Grafton do take pride and joy in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback.

Please rest assure I will pass your comments to my team for their efforts.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to a return visit in the very near future.

Regards

Athlone, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We got a great deal here from Fri 17th- Sun 19th of Feb. The hotel is literally right beside Warren St tube(Victoria and Northern line) station. It is about a 10 min walk along Tottenham Court Rd to Oxford St (passing Goodge St station on the way). Tesco express is next door, Sainburys across the road, McDonalds and Subway etc 2 min away.

Staff were friendly and efficient at check in. From reviews, I expected the room to be very small but I was pleasently surprised. Our double room was clean and spacious and had everything we needed- comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, plenty of storage space, variety of toiletries, iron, hairdryer, tea/coffee etc. We had room only so we didn't use the restaurant but it looked nice. We were at the back of the hotel on the 3rd floor and could hear a bit of movement of trollies in the morning but it wasn't too bad.

I left my phone behind in the room and only realised it when I was on the train back to Gatwick. I contacted the hotel and they found the phone. Housekeeping were excellent dealing with this and Sandra posted the phone back to me in Ireland. I was delighted they had gone to the trouble for me and very impressed with the level of service. I would stay here again and have already recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank niamhon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an experience for our guests whilst in our hospitality. I will be delighted to share your review with the Hotel team

Thank you for your compliments on our Location, we are indeed in the heart of the West End and within walking distance of theatres, Covent Garden Opera House, and the restaurants of Soho. The shops of Oxford Street are close by, and just down the road the delights of the British Museum can be explored at our Guest's leisure.

I have personally shared your review with Sandra and she is absolutely delighted.

At Radisson Edwardian Hotels, our motto is to make people feel special with a genuine "Yes I Can" attitude. I'm extremely proud that we have ticked all the boxes.

I encourage our guests to contact the Guest Relations Manager, Fasih Khan, whose team will then oversee all reservations for the Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel, to ensure our guest's stay is to their complete satisfaction.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grafton Hotel in the not so distant future.

Kind Regards

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is our second visit to the hotel. Our last stay was in the summer of 2005 on a week-end special getaway package. We had chosen the hotel due to its proximity to the British Museum where we had planned to spend most of our time on a layover from France. We were very pleased with our first visit, the room (facing Tottenham Court Rd.) was spacious and airy and the Museum is an easy fifteen minutes walk from the hotel.

On our recent one-week visit in late January, we were initially disappointed in the standard room that we had booked. It was quite small and had no drawer space to speak of. However, it was clean and tastefully decorated. The bathroom (with shower and bath tub) was spotless and had ample counter space where one might put toiletry and clothing items. Moreover, there was free Wi-Fi access which kept us connected to the Internet. We slept well on the comfortable bed. The room was relatively quiet although we could hear noises from the hallway and from adjacent rooms through the thin walls.

The greatest strength of the hotel lies in its central location in the Bloomsbury area of the Borough of Camden. It is right off the Warren St. Tube station on the Victoria and the Northern lines. (From Heathrow Airport, one may catch the Piccadilly Line to Green Park, transferring there to the Victoria Line heading towards Warren St. The trip takes a little under an hour. A taxi ride takes about 40 minutes and it costs 65 pounds.) More than a dozen buses stop in front of the hotel and five of them run 24-hours a day. We bought a 7-day Oyster Pass and we used the buses extensively for sightseeing purposes. We particularly found the #24 and #14 useful. One can reach the National Gallery and Trafalgar Square within 15 minutes on the #24 bus which one may pick up on Gower St. (parallel to Tottenham Ct. Rd. to the east). Bus #14 can also be boarded at the same bus station. It conveniently stops at Harrods and the Victoria and Albert Museum, among other attractions. Other destinations such as St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Tower of London can be reached by buses (for example #15) from Trafalgar Square.

Another plus for the hotel is the friendly and helpful staff. They booked an out-of-town excursion tour for us and arranged for our taxi ride to the airport as well as provided helpful tips on restaurants in the near-by restaurant row near Charlotte and Goodge Streets. We also used their wake-up calls on two occasions and the calls were right on time.

Finally the hotel offers excellent value by London’s standards, particularly if one is willing to pay in advance which we did.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Tottenham Court Road are brighter.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank montenidosteve
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel on your recent stay in London.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London.

The fact of your repeat custom is testament to our improved service delivery. I'm absolutely delighted you are made to feel at home.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel in the very near future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Our check in on Friday was seamless; the receptionist (Monika I think) was cheery and welcomed us to her establishment. Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the front but only minimal noise could be heard from the street but I am sorry to say that the same could not be said for internal noise( more later) .
Our room was very small (the depth between the end of the bed and the wall was so narrow that I has to side step to get to the other side of the bed), is this part of the remit for a 4 star hotel, I would like to think not! Tea making facilities are provided but I never see the point of giving at least 20 sachets of tea and coffee (but no hot chocolate) and only 2 milk portions. Little bit disappointed that there were no biscuits but that’s just a personal thing. Storage space was minimal – 1 drawer and 9 hangers, lucky we were only there for 2 nights. The bathroom was small but everything was in there except a shaving mirror, so really no complaints on that point and the shower was hot and strong. There is a mirror on the wall by the desk but you have to be a contortionist to see in it! Room service is available..
There are no internal doors to the room so it means that every noise…internal fire doors banging, ice machine being used, even general laughing and teenage noise and every little sound could be heard making it a very broken night’s sleep (both nights unfortunately). I wonder how the business men manage with this Monday to Friday because it is obvious by the layout of the room that this is the room’s main usage. We had no volume on the tv and I informed the desk the following morning – it was repaired by the time we returned in the afternoon.
Breakfast was included in our package – mixed opinions on this. There was a good choice of juices (not chilled), cereals, fresh and canned fruits, cold meats and hot food but the hot food just lacked something…….. on the Saturday morning the fried eggs were a mess – they were the smallest fried eggs I have ever seen a any hotel …ever!, some eggs had broken yolks, some had very hard yolks and if you looked very hard you could find one that was just right. However at breakfast on Sunday the fried eggs were practically raw – they were disgusting! Different chef I imagine. The rest of the hot food was standard but I must comment on the white pudding – I have never (even in Scotland) ever been given white pudding for breakfast - great move I really enjoyed it. The black pudding was also good and cooked to perfection – still a little crumbly inside. There were a few pastries but nothing very memorable. My biggest bug bear and it does happen in other hotels as well is that when they bring your coffee they also bring the toast which means by the time you have finished breakfast your toast is cold. I asked for more toast on Saturday as the first lot was cold and the look that the waitress gave me was not a friendly one! (on Sunday I reclined the offer of toast and then requested it later).
The hotel promotes itself as a ‘West End Hotel’ but I don’t believe that at 1 mile away it should be classed as such.
Overall the hotel was OK but I have stayed in better in London and sadly would not stay here again. It was not a great bargain, the only reason we used it was that it was part of a theatre package.

Room Tip: request rooms away from the lift and ice machine
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank roleb5856
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review of the Grafton Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

Being a hotel in Central London does represent some challenges when it comes to reducing noise. However, we have a variety of different rooms varying in size, style and layout in different areas of the Hotel and I feel confident that should you choose to return to us we would be able to accommodate you in a room more to your liking and away from the main road.

I am somewhat surprised regarding our location as our close proximately to the main areas of the West End receives the most positive comments.

I believe our service delivery and attitude is fundamentally the most important aspect affecting a hotel stay and I am extremely disappointed with our lacklustre performance. Please rest assure that under no circumstances will this behaviour be tolerated and I have spoken to my team at length today to ensure great service is afforded at all times, every time.

As you have probably read on previous posts on this website, we generally have very positive comments regarding our service levels and my team. I am so sorry we let you and ourselves down on this occasion.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Grafton in person at some point in the future for you to restore your faith in the hotel. I am contactable via the Hotel should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail.

Kind Regards