“Centrally located... but the hotel is badly in need of renovation”

The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #203 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“Centrally located... but the hotel is badly in need of renovation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

The location is excellent - very centrally located. Air conditioning system is old and not effective - my room was too hot, my colleague's room was too cold. And though we stayed for 3 nights the hotel could do nothing to fix it other than offer to move our rooms. Bathrooms are badly constructed with the shower cubicle in a corner - need to stand at an angle to take a partial shower. There is one great restaurant in the hotel - rated Top 10 for seafood in London - get there early, kitchen shuts at 10pm. The hotel needs to be renovated.

2 Thank Wings_Wheels
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Wings_Wheels,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Park Tower. We very much value your feedback.

I was however, disappointed to hear that several aspects of your stay to not meet your expectations. Of particular concern was your feedback in regards to our air-conditioning system. We appreciate the importance air-conditioning plays in the overall comfort of your stay and it is always of top priority to ensure this is in full working order. I would certainly like to apologise that this was unable to be repaired to your satisfaction on this occasion.

I am also pleased to advise you that we are in the process of carrying out upgrade work to our guest rooms and I would invite you to contact me personally on your next visit so I can ensure you are able to experience one of these guest rooms.

We were however please to hear that you enjoyed our award winning One-O-One restaurant. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and invite you to contact me if I can be of any further assistance in the future.

Andrew Kennedy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Very nice hotel in perfect location in London; we stayed only for 1 night, wish we cold have stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear KTFam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We were delighted you enjoyed your stay at The Park Tower and we hope you will be able to join us for longer when you are next in London.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Normally in London I stay at boutique hotels, but I had several business appointemnts and needed a more "appropriate" business venue. This hotel, simply put, was a delight. LARGE roooms, great views, attentive service without being obnoxious or solicitous, etc. Not much to look at from the outside, but this hotel is just wonderful and I will stay there from now on when in London.

1 Thank Webster P
Dear Webster P,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review of the Sheraton Park Tower.

It was a pleasure to read your review. We always strive to deliver exceptional experiences and our team is pleased to learn this is what we have delivered.

We are delighted that the Park Tower is now your hotel of choice when in London.

Best regards,

Geneva
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel in February 2012 for four nights. Initially I was in a room overlooking the A4/Mandarin Oriental but found this room fairly noisy. I called the reception and they kindly moved me to a room overlooking Lowndes Square, which was very quiet.

Rooms were nice, maybe slightly on the old side. Bed was extremely comfortable just like all Starwood Hotels.

The hotel is in a great location providing you want to be around the Hyde Park/ Knightsbridge/ Kensington area.

The only negative I found were the lifts. My room was only on the fifth floor, but it seemed like I was always waiting around 5mins for a lift, no matter what time of day I was using it. After the third day this started to become annoying.

Overall great hotel and good value.

The only

Dear ohughes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor.

We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Tower the next time your travels bring you to London.

Best regards,

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I tried to book this hotel after reading the reviews. I used the price comparisons on this site and found a room inc breakfast nearly £100 cheaper per night than directly with the hotel on otel.com. I phoned Sheraton and after speaking to four people and hanging on the phone for a long time I was told that they would only match the price if I booked online and then filled in a claim form for the difference. I asked them to check the validity there and then but they would not do so. I have now booked at The Metropolitan.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Axecroft
Dear Axecroft,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor about your experience with our ' Best Rate Guarantee'. I would like to apologise that you did not find the experience convenient or smooth.

We would very much like the opportunity to look further into this case and I would invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss further.

In the meantime, further information can be found on 'Best Rate Guarantee' at the Starwood hotels website.

Andrew Kennedy