“Good Location, Clean, but Careful Which Room You Get” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Byron Hotel

The Byron Hotel
Ranked #491 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Paris
“Good Location, Clean, but Careful Which Room You Get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a reasonably priced hotel in a good location and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
However, they seems to be poorly insulated against noise. Before getting settled, be sure to check -carefully- that you can't hear the grind of the elevator motor or some strange, and loud, sound that happens at regular intervals in the hallway.

I stayed in room 103 and could hear "going down" and "doors closing" all night long. When the elevator wasn't interrupting my sleep, sounds coming from the toilet in the hallway were.

The staff was very professional and probably would have moved me to another room, but once you're unpacked and under the covers for the night, who wants to bother?

That said, this is a solid 3 circle hotel. Being able to wake up and go for a run in Hyde park or easily find something to eat in the neighborhood deserves extra points.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 103 or any other room that is adjacent to the elevator shaft!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TinParis
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly I would like to begin by expressing our gratitude for taking the time to write a review about the Byron hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed many facilities of our Hotel, including the location and professional customer service from our staff.

I was disappointed to read that you were dissatisfied with your room on this occasion due to noise from the elevator. We have highlighted the issue with our maintenance team and it is being looked into. We do have quite a range of room categories that generally cater for most tastes so please do not hesitate to contact any member of our team should you return to London and we can arrange for a room to meet your specific needs.

Please be assured that our management take these comments very seriously and I would like to thank you for bringing these matter to my attention. I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service at The Byron Hotel and it is only with our guest’s feedback that we can continue to improve.

I once again apologise for any inconvenience and do hope you will visit us again and experience the stay in our other room types.

Carmen Gomez.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

situated in a lovely place -cul d sac so quiet. rooms were a bit small, but everything was clean and the beds were comfy,so slept well.didnt partake of bfast as it was extra, & didnt do evening meal but loads of lovely restaurants etc at end of the road and you felt safe walking about in the evening. the morning staff were very helpful, and helped us plan our route with bus numbers, stations etc . very adequate .

Room Tip: only saw ours but it was on the road and not too noisy and we had the window open a bit.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank joyce w
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear Joyce W,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had a good night sleep and found our rooms very clean and comfortable. Our staff is often recognised for their exceptional customer service. Our fantastic location makes Byron hotel a perfect base from which to explore London and what better way to start your day with our popular English breakfast.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Byron Hotel again soon.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Travelled to London as a couple for 5 nights - hotel easy to find - near Queensway tube stop.

Room clean, fresh towels etc every day, staff very friendly and helpful.
Reasonable prices and a great location, close to Hyde Park.
Enjoyed our short stay very much.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BillEIsleofMan
Dear Reviewer,

It’s wonderful to read that such a senior reviewer as yourself rates us so highly.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The Byron Hotel. I am happy that we positively contributed to your trip in London. Most of our guests would echo your thoughts about the Byron hotel. It’s a very clean and modern hotel which provides comfortable yet affordable accommodation in the heart of London.

Now I look forward to welcome you back at The Byron Hotel.

Warm Regards,
Tienen, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I had little time preparing this trip due to renovations at my own house. What I got was sadly even below my lowest expectations. I must say that i have stayed in a few hotels arouns the world already and this is my worst experience so far.

Our room (25) was not up to standard. The walls, doors and ceiling were dirty. The room itself was tiny. We even had problems deciding where to put our empty bag so we could still move around. The springs in our ancient, cheap mattress awoke me and my wife several times each night.
The bathroom was, unbelievebly, even worse. The shower has mold (a lot of mold) and the shower door is broken, causing the bathroom floor to flood every time. The showerhead sprays water everywhere except where it is needed/wanted and is mounted too low for a 1.85 m man.

The room is an example of bad craftsmanship and gives the impression that only the fastest and cheapest solutions will do for the byron hotel. Our waste bin was rusty, fosset leaky.... The fact that this doesn't get fixed gives me the idea that they just don't care.

On to breakfast. After an akward conversation in something that wasn't English with the staff we were seated. The continental breakfast was shokingly poor. Sandwiches from a bag, cheap toppings and even worse tasting fruit juice. I took one bite from a croissant to realise I was gonna stick to toast for the remainder of my stay. We also ordered the full English Breakfast. I know that English food has a bad reputation but this was a bunch of re-heated, freezer-bought, bad quality food. The eggs were not spiced and kept heated from the start to the end. It was all tasteless. To add insult to injury the staff was chatting among themselves instead of taking care of it's guests. When i was there they had plenty of time to make the eggs instead of offering me that bain marie goo. I also witnessed twice that a dropped fork was simply picked up from the dirty floor and put back on the table. Not to the hightest standard of hygiene.

Our English breakfast was included but I later heard that other guests payed an extra 7.5 pounds for it. I was, quite frankly, offended by that!

Staff was inefficient, unfriendly and rude. I asked for a restaurant recommandation once and got directed to the nearest tourist trap. I asked for a socket adapter and was given a broken one. All this without a friendly word or smile.

I wrote the hotel manager an email after my return. An answer is still pending after a 2 week wait.

Room Tip: rooms in any other hotel will be beter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank P G

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at least 10 times at the Byron Hotel within three years. Our last stay was in November 2011.
The hotel is close to 2 tube stations (Bayswater and Queensway), close to buses stations too. On Queensway you can find all sort of restaurants, shops, supermarkets and a commercial center (Whiteleys). Oxford Street is at 20 minutes walk along (or through)Hyde Park. For all these reasons, Byron Hotel is a great location.
Rooms are not huge (but it is really possible to let your suitcases open in the room). Rooms are comfortable and clean. During our different stays was had at least 8 different rooms and always have been pleased with them. They all have a flat screen TV (but no french channel). Air conditioned is appreciate. All rooms have a hairdryer, a boiler for water. Some rooms have recently been renewed.
The hotel is quiet as well for rooms in the front ( street) than for rooms on the back.
If you don't have an English breakfast the only weak point is the continental breakfast. You can eat as much as you want but it should be appreciate to have british traditional pastries such as scones, crumpets etc...and not only toasts and common pastries.
Check in and check out are quick and the staff at the front desk is friendly and helpful, always ready to give you a piece of advice in order to make of your stay a nice stay in London.
Byron hotel is our favorite address in London , we'll go back there next time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear MM109

Thank you so much for your kind comments following your most recent stay at the Byron hotel.

We are delighted to have you at our hotel every time you visit London. As you rightly mentioned, our location and staff has always been our strongest points. We renovate our rooms on a regular basis to give it a fresh look and keep up with our high quality standards. Now we look forward to welcome you back at the Byron hotel.

Carmen Gomez