“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #150 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stay in hotels almost every week of my life and was delighted with my two nights at the Edwardian Hampshire. The staff are great - friendly and knowledgeable. The Manager takes an active interest in the comfort and satisfaction of his guests. The location is convenient for lots of parts of London. I hope to have the chance to stay with them again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MCheungREH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Reviewer

Greetings from the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire team and thank you for your feedback.

I am really delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and particularly encouraged to read your nice comments about associates here at the Hotel. Our location is of course a real gem, right now on our doorstep Turner Inspired; In the Light of Claude, The Lucian Freud Exhibition, David Hockney at the Royal Academy, a whole host of wonderful plays and musicals and of course some of London's most iconic sights are within a short stroll from the Hotel.

Look forward to meeting you on your next stay. Please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans on direct line 020 7451 0220.

Our Warmest wishes from the Hampshire and Leicester Square Hotels and Have a fabulous week.

Michael Cheung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We loved the hotel the first time, so we came here again. Got a wonderful room, met again the friendly and helpful staff - one or two of them even remembered us! Great breakfast, tea facility in the room was lovely in the cold February days. And the location! Right on Leicester Square.
Looking forward to third time...

Room Tip: we had a delux room, on the 4th floor and we loved it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yoavon
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Overall I enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

The reception staff both at check in and check out were extremely efficient and pleasant. The conceierge were also very helpful.

The room was of good quality with a very comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. It was a little on the small size, although that is to be expected in such a central district - however you couldn't open the minibar door because the room wasn't big enough.

The room service was good. A good menu, well priced and again very efficient.

The location is great, right on Leicester Square. At the moment there are quite a lot of building works going on in the square and so it can be a little noisy although this finishes at 6 every night.

Room Tip: Ask fir a high room away from the front of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Nic

Warm wishes from the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire team.

The team here are very grateful for your kind feedback about both service and also the bedroom. We would be really grateful however if you could alert us as to which room number you stayed in as we have been doing a good in-depth search for this bedroom and respective minibar but could not narrow this down I am afraid to say. Thanks so much for your lovely feedback about room service.

The paving area on the entire of Leicester Square is currently scheduled to launch on the 19th April 2012 and the much awaited gardens in Leicester Square currently scheduled to launch approximately 1 month later in May 2012 once the grass has settled. Last week saw the planting of the much anticipated shrubs and trees on the edge of the gardens in what is more or the less the final countdown towards the re-opening of Leicester Square. So much progress has been made recently we were able to re-open one of our outdoor terrace restaurants about one month earlier than planned.

For sure a view which most hotels cannot offer is that of the higher floors at the Trafalgar Square end of the building, much of London's best loved sights scramble for attention and space right in front of you, by dusk these attractions are illuminated and offer a lovely setting before retiring for the evening.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am looking forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans on direct line 020 7451 0220.

Our Warmest wishes from the Hampshire and Leicester Square Hotels.

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed here as part of a last minute deal.
Ideally situated for the west end, 5 min walk from Covent Garden.
Staff very pleasant and extremely helpful, we were greeted at the front door and then escorted and introduced to the receptionist.
Room was a little on the small size, but then we were offered an upgrade upon arrival for an extra £30, which we didn't take as we were only there for 1 night.
Everywhere was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Would definately stay here again, but I don't think I would pay the full rate, at the end of the day we only use a hotel as a place to sleep.
Rennovations of leicester square are still ongoing until june/july2012, so be mindful that there may be a little noise during the day. We requested a room on a high floor (we stayed on floor 6) and heard no noise what so ever.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor until after leicester square rennovations are complete (mid 2012) t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
MCheungREH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Dear Reviewer

Our Very Best wishes from the Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel team. I am very grateful for your feedback following your stay.

I am pleased to see you had a lovely stay here at the Hotel. Delighted to see you found the staff to be friendly. Staying in is the new going out so next time you are with us we suggest you spending time dining and wining, an in-room movie or in-room spa treatment, you can even have your shopping delivered.

Personally I would always pay the £30.00 upgrade fee on offer at check in having seen the room first. This upgrade fee is typically offered when other room categories are still available and for the small fee can often represent a significant upgrade to the room size, a good tip for other readers.

There is also some feedback posted below from myself on Leicester Square developments, so I hope that you will find those comments of interest.

Thanks again for your feedback and I am looking forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans on direct line 020 7451 0220.

See you soon at the Hampshire and Leicester Square Hotels.

basildon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Having stayed at various LONDON HOTELS over the years the RADISSON HAMPSHIRE staff and the service that was provided by them was the best my wife and i had experienced,from the welcome by the doorman who took us into the reception and introduced us to the receptionist,all were very courteous and charming but not over the top with it.Also having found out it was our anniversary we were upgraded and later in the afternoon an anniversary card and plate of chocolate cake slices were delived to our room . The location is a plus,also the bar staff make great cocktails.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Belated Happy Anniversary and I am pleased to see you had a great stay here at the Hotel. Delighted to see you found the staff to be friendly and unobtrusive. We do encourage staff to take initiative on decision making so pleased to see that a lovely amenity was delivered along to your bedroom!

See you soon at the Hampshire and Leicester Square Hotels.