“Ideal for Eurostar”

Ranked #341 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Ideal for Eurostar”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We chose this hotel as we had an early morning Eurostar train. The room was comfortable and clean and the shower was very good. The staff left a breakfast out for us as the breakfast room was not open that early. The breakfast was not fantastic but adequate for the price. There were plenty of restaurants in the vicinity. If I use Eurostar again I will definitely look to use this hotel again. Great value for money getting a late deal.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Quietman70
Comfort Inn K, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this review, 11 April 2016

+44 (0) 207 837 1940

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel is really close to St PAncras and that's why I chose to stay here.

The receptionist(a blond guy with the beard) was quite gentle and prepared the breakfast at 6 in the morning even if breakfast room open later 'cause we had an early check in for getting the train to Paris.

The doors in hallway were difficult to leave open and squeeze through. The room was small but clean and for me was enough to be happy. The bathroom tidy, with clean towels.

It will never be the best hotel in London but for 59 pound for a double room I don't think anybody can whinge or complain.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AleOxford

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have never felt compelled to write a review on here before but after reading some of the very unfair comments posted previously felt I needed to set the record straight. Firstly, as commented by several others, the accommodation is all being refurbished. We stayed in a "suite" which had undergone a refit - the two rooms were excellent - bright and clean with an excellent flat screen telly for entertainment. We also had a small kitchen area with a selection of plates and cutlery (although no cooking facility) if you wanted to eat in your room. The continental breakfast was as described - cold continental style buffet although a very helpful lady offered to make toast if required. All the staff were extremely helpful and polite. Not sure what kind of accommodation all the previous guests were expecting but for the price we paid, we were more than happy. Very convenient for St Pancras/Kings Cross - literally a 5 min walk. If all the rooms are done to the standard of ours, would definitely recommend for short stay.

Room Tip: Suggest you enquire before you book if you can have one of the refurbished rooms - not sure when the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank IAC1964
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel in January of 2012. I have never written a hotel review before, but feel it's my duty to humanity to create a review for Comfort Inn Hotel in King's Cross.
The hotel was generally very cramped, the passages where full of stairs which made getting to your room difficult.

The rooms itself was horrible. I complained at the front desk 3 consecutive days before they moved me to a newly renovated room.

This hotel has two types of rooms, the first type being old, full of mold, dirty, dusty and ridden with fleas. Honestly the most horrible place to stay.
The second type of room they have a decent, worth a four star rating, but it's a gamble you'll have to take if you choose to stay there.

The breakfast menu was "Boiled eggs and toast". Honestly!!!
My colleague dared to try their boiled eggs, and spent the rest of his day with cramps! I couldn't bring myself to trying the eggs.

Overall, it's a Terrible experience. Staff was unfriendly, and generally unhappy with the stay.
The bad part of it all is that it was pre-paid by my company, hence, I couldn't move to another hotel. I was actually contemplating on paying for another hotel myself just to get out of there... I dealt with it by only going there to sleep, and leaving as early as possible.

My advice to anyone, steer clear of this hotel. I certainly will...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Panayiotis S
Comfort Inn K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this review, 10 April 2016

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I am stuck in this dump for a week and when I say dump, never again will I ever stay at comfort inn. The room smells of damp to which the staff says they cant smell anything (as a smoker, if i can smell it, then theres a problem)

The staff barely speaks english - obviously eastern block low paid employees, night staff the guy looks like a bouncer and is very unfriendly.

No hot water so no showers, it better be fixed tonight - sorry but your 4 hour internet voucher doesnt cover no shower especially when the room looks to be about 100 years old.

Mattress is beyond old - I haven't seen stripped like that since I visited my late grandma.

Never again seriously. Dont trust this place at all - its horrid.

Room Tip: i dont know if there are good rooms but many are basement quality and dont have a lift and very narr...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Comfort Inn K, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Kings Cross, responded to this review, 10 April 2016