Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands
US$254
US$216
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$107
US$214
US$188
galahotels.com
1,018 results
All reviewscanning townjubilee linecanary wharfhi expressemirates airlineemirates air linelondon city airportminute walkexcel centredlr stationfree breakfastice machinesofa bedolympic parkbasic hotelper nightyogurt
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights for business in Jan 12.
Whilst Silvertown is not the most desirable area of London, the area has changed significantly in the lead up to the Olympics. A short walk from both bus station and Underground/DLR rail connections into centrl london, it presents an opportunity for lower cost accomodation within 20 mins of OXford Street.

The rooms are HIEX standar and are clean and well kept.
The staff are very welcoming and hospitable and go out of their way to help
Breakfast- OK

perfect for business trips and budget travellers

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank camster66
SHAUN F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Camster66,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review of your stay at the Hotel.

It was good of you to comment on the Regeneration to the area, primarily due to the Olympics.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and we look forward to your returning to stay with us.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Being treated by my daughters to a weekend in London to shop and watch a show, they picked a perfect hotel to make the whole weekend very successful. The staff were kind, efficient and very friendly and the hotel was everything it should be to make you comfortable and relaxed. Indeed, observing the relationship between the staff and the manager it was obvious why the hotel was a pleasure to stay at, they were friendly with him but he was definitely managing them and they were aware of his authority and his wish to ensure every guest was well looked after.

Room Tip: 4th floor was comfortable and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
SHAUN F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Corinne B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review of your stay here at the HIEX Royal Docklands Hotel. We really do value your comments as they show us how we are really doing and help us to improve where necessary.
We do print all our guest reviews so the team here will love reading your comments.
I’m glad you had a really great weekend and I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

A decent budget hotel. Service fine, rooms well appointed and very clean, could do with heavier curtains. Breakfast was ok but the bar was a little dull. The walk from the tube is short but feels unpleasant in the dark, wouldn't be much fun with heavy luggage either.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear euchrid1978,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us review of your stay here at the HIEX Royal Docklands Hotel. We really do value your comments as they show us how we are really doing and help us to improve where necessary.

I am glad that you were basically happy with the Hotel but a little surprised by the comment regarding the walk from the Tube station. The reason for my surprise is that it is just about 400 – 500 meters from the tube up a straight and well lit road. The road and the paths have been recently rebuilt which include the path and lighting all being completely replaced by the council as it is a main thoroughfare to the Olympic park. There is still a bit of work being done but I feel it is probably one of the easiest walks from a station to a Hotel in London.

I hope the walk for the station doesn’t prevent you from choosing to stay with us again upon your next visit to London.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I recent stayed at this hotel with my family in 2 rooms over 2 nights in mid January 2012. I chose it as it was on the outskirts of central London that had adequate parking. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The interior of the rooms were both basic but fine and sound proofinf through walls was fine however the corriodors echoed with noisy other guests. Our room faced the front of the building onto Silvertown Way and you could view the top of the O2 arena and the Canary Wharf buildings, however the police cars raced up and down each night we stayed there 3 or 4 times.. If I stayed here again I would need to face the back of the building away from the road. The tram and tube statioin is about 100 metres into central london. A Private hire taxi into central london will cost about £30-35. Breakfast is very basic and totally self service ( cooked-, scambled eggs, sausages and beans, cereals, toast and pastries) and all plates are quite small. Booed via laterooms at £88 a night, room rate at the hotel was £220 per night. so had good value for the money. I do not think the full £220 is worth it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back over looking the car park to reduce road noise.
1  Thank KTRutland

Dear kartNottingham,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a detailed review of your stay here at the HIEX Royal Docklands Hotel. We really do value your comments as they show us how we are really doing and help us to improve where necessary.

There were a lot of positive comments about your stay that we appreciate very much, with regards to the sound of sirens running up and down the road. I’m afraid that is a part of the night time sound of most great cities in the world today. I hope this didn’t affect your stay too much and that you will definitely be choosing to stay with us again.

We look forward to your next visit with us the next time you’re in London.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Chose this location for a 1 night stay purely for location in relation to the O2 arena and it was a good choice.

Pros
Close to DLR
Better than average free breakfast with multiple stations for each item (great for busier times) and hot options
Although bed looked uncomfortable, I actually got a good night's sleep. 2 pillow options (hard/soft) are also available
Good selection of digital channels
Reasonably powerful, height adjustable shower
Room preferences were taken into account at check in

Cons
Poor double glazing - draughty & road noise could be heard (although too busy a road so could have been worse)
Usual budget hotel thin walls
Took several phone calls to resolve booking issues:- I booked the prepaid option for 2 rooms with 3 people in total on Holiday Inn website. Subsequently my credit card was charged with the wrong amount so had to call customer services who advised that individual hotels tend to split bookings for multiple rooms to generate separate booking numbers and they had incorrectly assigned 3 people to each room, generating a £35 additional person charge on each room. In the end by the time I arrived everything was sorted out but took a number of phone calls/emails to resolve

Would definitely stay again if the price was right

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Finestfur,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a balanced review of your stay here at the HIEX Royal Docklands Hotel. We really do value your comments as they show us how we are really doing and help us to improve where necessary.

I am sorry that trying to resolve the extra person issue seemed so difficult. If I might suggest if your having any issues with your booking in the future, please don’t hesitate to ask for me and I will endeavour to resolve the issue more efficiently for you.

We look forward to you choosing to stay with us again upon your next visit to London.