Number Sixteen
US$217
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$107
US$215
US$189
galahotels.com
US$192
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssouth kensingtonhonesty barfirmdale hotelskit kempboutique hotelafternoon teahonor barsouth ken tubedecorated differentlyhour room servicecharlotte street hotelprivate gardensmall hotelnatural historydrawing roomcommon areasbreakfast room is
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed overnight at No 16 and what a gem of a hotel. Just at the back of South Kensington it is really quiet. Greeted by friendly staff and a mince pie we were shown to our Deluxe room which was clean and comfortable. It has the feeling of a house. There is an 'honesty bar' and there is an ample selection on the Room Service menu if you wish. The breakfast in the morning was fresh with a really good selection of fruts, cereals and you could have something cooked should you wish.
All the staff were friendly, courteous and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Absolutely perfect! Sweet and cozy hotel with a great location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stayed at Number Sixteen in October 2011 and loved it. The location was perfect with a number of nice little restaurants around the corner and the tube station a couple of blocks away. Our room was really nice overlooking the beautiful garden. The breakfast room was lovely and the staff very friendly. It was very nice to relax in the library after a busy day and the honesty bar is a wonderful feature. Hope to stay there again soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon, before going abroad. It was a complete surprise for me - to be honest, I though I would be staying at an airport hotel. How wrong I was!

It was the first time I had stayed at one of the Firmdale Hotels (I've wanted to for some time), and I wasn't disappointed. What a gorgeous little gem of a hotel, just perfect.

As it was our honeymoon, they kindly upgraded us to the best room - and wow... it was gorgeous. The decor was beautiful, and all of the little extra touches in the room just added to it.

We ordered room service, and it met the standards of the rest of the hotel - the food was great, better than other room service meals that I've had.

The breakfast room is like a little oasis of calm - I only wish that we had the time to experience afternoon tea there.

I will definitely be staying at Number 16 again - it really is one of the best hotels in London.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

my daughter and I stayed at number 16 in late october and absolutely loved it. the service was fantastic, the hotel itself is lovely, we had the safari room looking out to the street and we loved being able to look out to see what was happening each morning. It wasnt noisy at all. the breakfast room is lovely with a little garden to look out into. the area is great just around the corner from the kensington tube. we asked the hotel for a recommendation for dinnner and they suggested Bumpkin up the road which was delightful. I catn think of a single thing wrong with the place and cant wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room looking out ot the street
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family