New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #51 of 1,078 Hotels in London
“I love this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I love this hotel. The rooms have big windows, most with Hyde Park views. the internet is fast and free. The location is great. It is near everything! it has a great bar. The only disappointment was the breakfast - tres ordinaire!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Andrew T, Front Office Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Many thanks for your wonderful feedback about the hotel, our location and the facilities that we offer.

I am sorry to hear that you found our breakfast disappointing. As a hotel we are currently reviewing all menus that we offer so I hope we can impress you with this on a future visit.

Please let me know if you are planning a return trip to London in the near future as I would be delighted to handle your reservation personally.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Finnish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Over the past 10 years I have spent at least 5 days per month in London. That makes it somewhere around 600 nights and of all the hotels I've tried (probably 30), there are two I keep coming back to. Metropolitan is my favorite for these simple reasons: Design of rooms (even the smallest rooms are generous), location, staff, food, quality of bed + duvet. It is absolutely fabulous.
If possible, go for one of the corner-rooms with fab views over London and Hyde Park. And stroll down to Shepherds Market for a pub-visit or dinner outside, excellent Lebanese restaurant.
My other favorite? The Zetter in Clerkenwell.

3 Thank PerMikael
Thank you very much for your feedback about the Metropolitan. It is particularly pleasing to hear such praise from a loyal customer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was one of London's first boutique hotels that started the trend, built in 1997. They've made some nice improvements to keep the hipness factor up (including a nice remodeled gym and crisp interiors).

My review would have been four stars for value (I got the room on Hotwire, and felt the stay was genuinely comparable to other 5 star hotels in London, though lacking the five star follow through.

However, on our last night at the hotel (Jan 30th), we can back to the hotel around 2am to discover that the hotel's internet access was not functioning. Apparently neither were the televisions or common area internet access points.

Of course this happens sometimes. Internet access goes down. However, most 5 star hotels catering to business travelers either have a backup plan in place in case their primary internet goes down, or at least will send the engineers in immediately to rectify the situation as quickly as possible.

Not so at the Metropolitan. A call down to the staff got us a free credit to access a nearby Hotspot, but by 7am, the internet had still not come back up, and given extensive business needs for the internet, we had to check out early and go somewhere with internet access.

I am certain that the issue was specific to the Metropolitan, because we got WiFi signals from every business around Metropolitan, including the Four Seasons next door. So, I felt they didn't take necessary steps to restore the connection for their international travelers, and they lose a star for this hugely inconvenient situation.

Also - note that if you get your room on Hotwire, that rate gets you a room that faces an extremely ugly air conditioning system on the top of the roof with no other view - and loud construction throughout the day.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andrew T, Front Office Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased that you like our recent improvements, particularly our new gym that opened in January.

I am, however, very sorry to hear that you were affected by the loss of the internet at the hotel when you stayed. Internet is of fundamental importance to our guests, for that reason access has always been provided on a complimentary basis at the Metropolitan. Unfortunately on this occasion both our primary and back-up system failed simultaneously and, whilst I was glad to hear that we got you connected, I am sorry that you left us earlier than planned because of this.

With regards to the room it is also disappointing that you were disturbed by works taking place nearby when you stayed. Whilst we do have good relationships with our neighbours the noise you experienced was unfortunately beyond our control and regrettably I do not have a record of this being brought to our attention whilst you were with us so we could have offered you an alternate quieter room.

Please let me know when you are planning a return trip to London. I would be delighted to handle your booking personally and ensure that your stay is memorable for the right reasons.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We spent four nights for a recent business trip. The staff is so friendly, helpful and attentive. The room is on the smaller side, but comfortable and filled with every possible need. The bathroom had towel warmers which was exceptional when coming out of the full walk-in shower! Only complaint is the walls are on the thin side, and you can hear the conversations of your neighbor! The Concierge seemed helpful and we did use their services a few times, but managed to do the same without them too.
Nobu is in the hotel and we did eat there twice-without reservations, and they sat us right away each time. Full breakfast is available too.
We did not use their spa although the lotions in the room smelled wonderful!
I would highly recommend a stay at this lovely hotel!

Room Tip: Beautiful views high up, however only 1 elevator services the 10th floor!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your very generous comments about the hotel, our staff and your recommendation for others to stay with us.

It is terrific to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our COMO Shambhala bathroom products. I am sorry, however, that you felt disturbed in your room and if you would like me to look into this further please contact me directly.

Please also let me know when you are planning a return London visit. I would be delighted to look after your booking personally and arrange any treatments in our new spa on your behalf.

Lake District
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed two nights in a double room en-suite. On arrival I was welcomed warmly at reception and my bags, taken from the taxi, we're whisked away to be taken to my room. The room was clean and well appointed albeit I had a dodgy view which I didn't mind. The bathroom was pristine, something that speaks volumes about a hotel. My first night was disturbed by noise, probably an adjoining room banging and crashing. I politely informed reception who were mortified. My enquiry about possibly moving room for the second night was referred to a manager who personally sought me out. The hotel was full but after a bit of re-organisation I was moved. Brilliant! I hadn't complained but was treated superbly. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very kind comments about your experience at the Metropolitan. It is very rewarding to hear that you were welcomed warmly and that you enjoyed your stay.

I am, however, sorry that you were disturbed on your first night but pleased to know that we responded accordingly. As part of COMO Hotels & Resorts we do aim to engage with our guests in the most friendly and professional manner. It is wonderful that you experienced this and that you felt well treated throughout your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan in the near future.