All reviews notting hill honesty bar charming hotel walking distance to markets circular bed gorgeous room continental breakfast is lower ground floor quiet residential street overlooking the garden our honeymoon drawing room special stay bath products refurbished room staff went out of their way mini bar
Reviewed 21 March 2017

In this hotel you feel at home.
Excellent staff, excellent breakfast, wonderful ceramic services (old style / vintage).
Very high evel of cleanliness and attention to detail.
Fresh flowers changed daily. And before leaving the final embrace .... something unique and rare!
Thanks The Portobello Hotel!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomasSanvido
Douglas C, General Manager at Portobello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Dear TomasSanvido

Thank you for your wonderful review and my team and I are so glad that you had an exceptional time with us. Here at The Portobello Hotel we have an aim that all our guests have a truly memorable stay. I am glad we have achieved this.

We hope to see you again very soon you!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Fabulous hotel wonderful room overlooking garden with a huge bed that allegedly came from Hampton court. Couldn't believe I was in the hustle and bussel of lively Notting Hill.
An Honesty bar that stocked Jordans wines from the vineyards in South Africa couldn't believe my luck. Douglas the Manager was very attentive and made sure that every detail was perfect.
Only niggle was the lounge could really do with a redecoration.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Y5263WObarbaraj

Dear Barbara J

Thank you for your lovely review and it was a real pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to London. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amazing room 13 with the huge four poster bed and also the award wining Jordan wine that we stock.

It's wonderful to hear such great feedback regarding my team and I and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I've stayed here three times before and have had a seamless experience each time, but alas on the last occasion the experience was soured by a chaotic breakfast experience blamed on 'lack of staff'. Forty minutes to wait for a coffee? An hour for a full English breakfast. Need to sort out the fundamentals. It's a beautiful, well-appointed hotel, but with chaotic service, the whole thing doesn't work.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim043
Douglas C, General Manager at Portobello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Jim043,

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is a real shame that on your last stay the service you received let down your overall experience. As a regular guest of The Portobello Hotel with past stays showing our usual seamless service, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We have now put measures in place to ensure this doesn’t happen in future.

We look forward to your next stay and showing you the same standards of service you’ve come to expect from The Portobello Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Organised and pleasant staff at the Portobello. Our room was clean,spacious and tidy and was equipped with plenty of toiletries etc. We had a Continental Breakfast, plenty of choices and if you requested a Full English Breakfast was available. However, the continental breakfast was lovely.

Room Tip: The Portobello is on a very nice quiet street.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda W
Douglas C, General Manager at Portobello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear Linda W

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing The Portobello Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and your beautiful room. Lovely to hear that my wonderful team looked after you well and I will pass on your comments to them. Do let me know when you plan to return to London.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Very devoted staff makes you feel almost at home! Good energy and fine details.
Honesty housebar, good wifi, clean air,and an extensive collection of old prints and paintings all over the place. Close to the tube, good cab service, restaurants and bars at walking distance.

Room Tip: Room 43 at the back overlooking the garden is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Hans D
Douglas C, General Manager at Portobello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Hans D,

Thank you for your wonderful review and it was so good to meet you both on your recent stay at The Portobello Hotel. Glad you enjoyed our location in Notting Hill and got to experience the local restaurants and bars and the fabulous Portobello Road.

I will share your comments to my brilliant team and we look forward to seeing you both again very soon.