“English elegance”

Ranked #37 of 1,090 Hotels in London
lincolnshire
“English elegance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Having had the wonderful afternoon tea at the Dorchester many times, my husband and I decided to stay for the night as we were at a concert at the royal Albert hall.
The staff are always welcoming polite and friendly.
Our room wasn't ready but we had a quick complimentary coffee before we were taken to our room 10 minutes later.
Unfortunately the room I had booked was far too small and without any hesitation we were upgraded to a beautiful room with a far bigger bed!
The room wasn't huge but was beautifully decorated in traditional English style and the bed was big which is always a must as ours is at home!
The bathrooms are large and old fashioned but have beautiful toiletries in lovely large tubes and bottles.
We ate in the promenade restaurant after the concert at about 11pm and it was still buzzing. The food is always gorgeous and beautifully presented.
The bill was pleasantly not a shock and I would stay again if going to the Albert hall although probably stay nearer the west end if going to a show.

• Stayed November 2011
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at The Dorchester and dinner in The Promenade. It sounds like you had a lovely evening in London. I will be very happy to share your kind comments with the rest of the team.
On behalf of everyone at The Dorchester, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
John Scanlon, Hotel Manager
The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Dorchester lived up to its impeccable reputation last weekend when I treated my partner to a romantic getaway! We were certainly impressed by the flawless room, public area and fantastic service!

We dined at the Grill both nights where the food was obviously a product of carefully selected ingredients and hours of hard work resulting in nothing less than perfection. The original plan was to try a different restaurant each night, but we were so taken with Brian Hughson’s menu we couldn’t help but be drawn back in for a second night! The Service was also a huge credit to the restaurant and hotel, in particular Jack and Jose who were there on both evenings. At the end of one of the meals Jose distracted my Partner while Jack slipped a red rose into my hand and whispered give it to her outside. A lovely touch at the end of a lovely evening!

Breakfast in the promenade was wonderful; we were served by a very friendly Karin who was happy to give advice on what to do in the area! The promenade was immaculately kept and adorned with the most exquisite bouquets of flower arrangements and the polished interior gleamed in the morning light.

The reception and concierge were very professional and were able to answer questions and had advice on travelling around the City.

A fantastic Two days!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I traveled to London and stayed here for 3 nights....I didn't want to leave!!!It was amazing, after a long flight from Perth Australia we were greeted with warm smiles. After an easy check in we were shown to our room...we had a king suite it was beautiful so English with the floral curtain and wallpaper the bed was soooo comfy with the best pillows ever! They immediately bought up a pot of tea and biscuits to relax with! We had room service breakfast 2 mornings of just tea and toast but really there is nothing just about it, so elegantly done! We also had afternoon tea there which will stay in my memory for ever...everything about it was done effortlessly! Nothing was too much to ask for when it came to the concierge, he recommended a lovely french restaurant which he booked for us. I have never experienced a hotel like this before and I must admit I quite like it....husband is squirming as it is of course up there in price:)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ausieperth
thedorchester, Director of Sales at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Guest,
I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Dorchester and your experience having Afternoon Tea in The Promenade. I will be happy to share your kind comments with the rest of the team as they take great pride in providing the highest level of service to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester again in the future.
Trevor Owen, Area Director of Sales and Marketing
Maroubra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My girlfriend and I had high tea here and it was a wonderful experience during our overseas travels. The food and hotel were amazing. We weren't hurried at all and were made to feel very special!! It's all now a wonderful memory!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debs054
PromenadeDorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to learn you had such an enjoyable Afternoon Tea at The Dorchester and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please rest assured I have since shared your kind comments with the rest of the team who were thrilled to hear your feedback.
Max Paret, Food and Beverage Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We celebrated my mother-in- law's 70th birthday with afternoon tea. The food was fantastic and the service first class. They even gave her a birthday cake and boxed up those we couldn't eat to take home. The whole experience from booking to leaving was excellent - ending with meeting Lionel Ritchie in the hotel lobby!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank littlejenb
Dear Guest,
It gives me great pleasure to learn we managed to create such a memorable celebratory occasion for your mother-in-law’s birthday. It is always our aim here at The Dorchester to exceed our guests’ expectations and I am only too happy we have been successful.
On behalf of us all at The Dorchester, I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
With kind regards,