“A True London Gem”
Review of The Connaught

The Connaught
Ranked #12 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I don't normally write reviews unless I'm extremely disappointed with the service of an establishment, in fact this is my first positive review in Trip Advisor. I'm the kind of person that likes to constantly discover new places, and therefore only go to the places that I really-REALLY enjoy more than once. This is a personal rule.

I recently stayed at the Connaught again, and since I have now stayed with them a couple a times, I dare to write a very well deserved positive review .

There are many luxury hotels in London but very few which make one's experience as much elegant as comfortable as this hotel. From the intimate welcome to the familiarity of the staff, this place always feels like a better version of one's home.

I think I can go on and on about the infrastructure and the grandness of decor and detailing of the rooms. Talk about location, location, location! Another thing that I must mention is that the food selection at the restaurants & bars for all meals of the day, its 'incredible'. The newly open restaurant, Jean Georges is absolutely superb!. But the one thing that I love about this hotel, its really its people. Every single person at the hotel whether at the spa, rooms or restaurants has the best attitude towards their guests. Genuine attention to detail and pleasantness which is hard to find in high end hotels, focus on the word: Genuine.

Its always such an experience staying at the hotel, that I cant say I've found in many other London hotels- As I said, a true London gem!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
TheConnaughtHotel, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear CLange88,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us. It was a true pleasure welcoming you, once again, to The Connaught and I appreciate your kind words which I will be sharing with the team and who will be delighted they could make your visit a memorable one.

We hope it is not long before we can welcome you back to The Connaught.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

There are so many options for Afternoon Tea in London it was a little overwhelming trying to find somewhere! My mum was visiting so a bit of an occasion and I really wanted to take her somewhere special. The Connaught in its own right has an outstanding reputation (if you haven't been to the Connaught Bar you really should!) and they had not long opened Jean George for Afternoon Tea so was a great opportunity to go to a classic spot and try something new.
I cannot express how incredible the whole experience was, there are so many different contributing elements and they hit every single one! The restaurant is stunning, beautiful stained glass windows, comfortable furniture and set out in a way that made it feel quite private although it was fully booked. The staff were friendly and attentive, they made us feel really welcome and their service was well timed so at no point did we feel rushed or were waiting. The food was delicious, sandwiches had nice little twists on classics and the pastries were to die for, you are full to the brim afterwards!
It was a great afternoon, having only been open for 7 weeks I was surprised they got it so right! I will most definitely return, my mums still talking about it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sarah-8705,

Thank you very much for choosing The Connaught for your afternoon tea with your mother. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and am delighted you had an enjoyable visit.

It was a pleasure welcoming you to Jean-Georges at The Connaught and we look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Consistently the best place to stay in London. I've tried the competition (The Berkley, Goring, etc.) and The Connaught is like returning home. The refurbished front restaurant is tastefully done and has a casual elegance about it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheConnaughtHotel, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear 289jpierrel,

Thank you very much for your kind review – we were delighted to welcome you back to The Connaught and are pleased you had, yet again, an enjoyable stay with us.

We hope it is not long before we can welcome you back.

The Connaught

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The staff at The Connaught is outstanding. They are professional, service oriented, warm and accommodating. They remember you by name and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable, happy and your expectations exceeded.
We stayed in the Prince's Lodge. It was very inviting and comfortable. They maximized the space in the suite to provide a dressing table, bar, office, window seats and a great bathroom.
I can't say enough about the restaurants, bar and room service.
The car service booked for us by the hotel was wonderful as well. Professional, informative and friendly drivers.
The hotel itself is beautiful. They have a grand staircase that really needs to been seen to be appreciated. They also have elevators but they are very small. Those who are claustrophobic will enjoy using the staircase.
I am excited for my next trip to Mayfair so I can stay at The Connaught again!

Room Tip: If money isn't an issue book a suite for a little more space.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
TheConnaughtHotel, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear texsix1,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at The Connaught, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in our beautiful and unique Prince’s Lodge.

I look forward to sharing your kind words with the entire team who will be delighted they could play a part in ensuring your stay was a memorable one.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on many more occasions to come.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The Connaught staff is extraordinary in their attentiveness. Every aspect of the hotel ranks it as a one of the preeminent establishments in London and all of Europe. The Connaught has my highest endorsement and it is clear why a staying at The Connaught is a special experience! I would look no further than The Connaught for whatever my travel purposes may be in the future in London.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Roger K

Dear Roger K,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. It was a pleasure welcoming you to The Connaught and having you stay with us.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.