“Service is out of this world”
Review of The Lanesborough

The Lanesborough
Ranked #13 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This hotel is amazing. We used a lot of points to stay here, but it was well worth it. The service was simply incredible. We felt so pampered and the butlers would address any need or issue, no matter how small, with prompt and diligent service -- even for our 2 am room service (we were jet-lagged).

When we ordered some hot water, it came with a full tray of related items including lemon and honey. It went way beyond what you would expect, and this was the case for just about everything at this hotel.

The decor was a recently-remodeled old-world style which combined the best of the both worlds for me and my wife. My wife loves older style and I like more modern hotels, but we were both very pleased with how the Lanesborough pulled it off.

We were treated like royalty and absolutely loved our time at this hotel. If you find a way to stay here (it's not the cheapest hotel) you're in for a real treat.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew S
LanesboroughTeam, Managing Director at The Lanesborough, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Matthew S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review not only the hotel but Celeste too and in such detail.
I am delighted your stay was so memorable. Our Butler team work tirelessly to ensure that guests' every need are seen to in a quick and discreet manner and they take such a pride in doing it as well.
The renovation, after years in the planning and works has really created a new life into the hotel and I am pleased you were so taken with the decor.
I do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I've wanted to stay at The Lanesborough (had thoroughly researched all the 5 star properties in the city) and visit London for over 15 years and my dream finally came true!! The hotel exceeded ALL my MANY high expectations!! I booked a year in advance because was very particular about room I was wanting to request as this was a huge bucket list trip for my husband/I. The hotel is the most gorgeous/opulent we've ever stayed ( and have stayed at many luxury 5 stars around the world). However, the décor is not over the top - it's just perfect and you are made to feel very comfortable/welcomed - it's not at all stuffy/aerogant. The staff from management, concierge, front door are a step above the rest!! We are very discerning travelers and have been blessed to travel frequently - and yet this hotel delivered all on all levels and then some!! We had a junior suite that was the most beautiful room and bathroom with all the neat high tech tablets, etc. I had requested a King bed, on 1st/2nd floor (for the amazing high ceilings), facing courtyard to ensure a quiet night's sleep as I'm a light sleeper. All requests were honored (they are based on availability) so we felt very fortunate. We stayed 5 nights, breakfast included which was also wonderful. We also frequented Library Bar at hotel 3 nights, and Michael and his staff took amazing care of us. The Withdrawing room is also great for tea, etc. - just gorgeous!! The location is also the BEST in London for exploring, and staying in the most expensive neighborhoods - great sightseeing, etc! All of the staff, butlers, etc could not be more attentive!! I've never stayed at a hotel where anytime I called for something (no matter what it was), someone was at the door in 1-2 minutes - just incredible! If ever blessed to return to London, this is the only hotel we will stay at!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelinspiration
LanesboroughTeam, Managing Director at The Lanesborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear travelinspiration,
Thank you very much indeed for such a detailed and thoughtful review.
I am delighted your stay was so memorable. Even more so that you could enjoy the experience of The Library Bar and Withdrawing Room, both very different but both where you can while away the time.
Our Butler service really is very unique and we pride ourselves on being there for every guest, whatever they may need.
It is wonderful to know that your time with us was so special and we hope that you will find yourselves back in London in the not too distant future, we'd be so pleased to welcome your return.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Hard to say much more than 'superb', 'gorgeous', 'beautiful', etc.

Decoration is out of this world, and in my opinion, superior to The Ritz and on a par with The Dorchester.

Gorgeously appointed room, super-high-tech, stunning bathroom.

Beautiful dining room, outstanding staff, a pleasure.

If anything I'd say a bit more assistance loading and unloading luggage upon arrival would be great but it's really nothing major.

Lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank DaveD78

Dear DaveD78,
Thank you so much for you thoughtful and wonderful review.
I am so pleased you liked the decor, the recent renovation really has restored a new life to the hotel with the addition of technology to make any task, effortless.
It is wonderful to know that your time with us was so enjoyable and we do hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Staying at the Lanesborough is a special treat, with butler service and wonderful library bar. The interior of the rooms and social areas are excellent. The Garden Bar is gorgeous. Love visiting here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank redstar140
LanesboroughTeam, Managing Director at The Lanesborough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear redstar140,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We are delighted you had such an enjoyable stay. The dedicated butler service is so unique and assures that our guests' every need are well served with thought and charm.
Both the Library Bar and Garden Room are individual and inviting, you really cannot help while away the time!
We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit back to the newly renovated Lanesborough which now features an incredible and impeccable Spa & Club.

I loved the James Bond style entrance to the spa as it it actually connected behind and below the actual Lanesborough. Thanks to seamless architecture, you will not notice the difference.

Everything about the club was amazing. The staff were incredibly attentive and welcoming, and the facilities were modern, sophisticated and state if the art.

I've been to many high end spas around the world and The Lanesborough Spa & Club is right up there among the best.

The spa pool was incredible. Just check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Special acknowledgement to our therapist, Caroline, from France. She was AMAZING! She was strong, relaxing, had a unique technique and was very communicative to ensure the treatment being provided no only met but exceeded our expectation.

This is a beautiful spa and you can see the Lanesborough standards throughout.

Next time you are in London, I highly recommend you check out this spa whether you are staying at the Lanesborough or not.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian C
LanesboroughTeam, Managing Director at The Lanesborough, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Brian C,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and especially your complimentary words regarding the Spa.
After years in the planning and construction phase, it is an incredible new facility to now have at the hotel. With is unique design and experts in the fields of fitness, nutrition and Spa we are delighted at all it has to offer.
We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel and spa in the not too distant future.