“Wonderful comfy stay!”

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Ranked #240 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I arrived a little early for my reservation, but I was met with a ready room and a hot towel at reception! Just what I needed after a chilly rainy walk from the tube station! I booked on Priceline and really lucked out. I paid about $575 US for two nights.

I was escorted up to my room and was given instructions on how to get to the nearest pharmacy to purchase some cold medicine. The room was not enormous, but it was very very comfortable with a beautiful view of the park.

I have to admit, I was most excited to see the Nespresso machine in the room. I'm obsessed with mine at home and it made the stay that much nicer! The tub was a dream, the robe and slippers were a nice touch. The bed was two twins together (which seems to be the norm at many european hotels), so I noticed that it wasn't too comfortable to sleep right in the middle of the bed, but it was just me, so I was fine with that.

Every time I returned to the hotel I was greeted with a very friendly, "Welcome back." And always asked if I need taxi service when I left. The turn down service was consistent and a nice surprise.

The location couldn't be beat. So much shopping so close! And within walking distance of so many wonderful museums. I'd be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank PaulusHookJC

Reviewed 8 April 2010

This hotel is very small. The concierge, the front desk, the room service operator is the same person in the same shift. You were granted access to teh facilities of a bigger brother hotel around the corner. The rooms were large an comfortable, looked brand new. The service was above average. The location is superb. Would go back. Very overpriced at 800 $ a night. Maybe it was the season.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Check in was handled beyond excellent, as they accommodated my early arrival with ease, the room was smaller than i expected but SO immensly comfortable, the service was top notch and i am still in shock i got it at the priceline negotiating rate esp being able to stay in KNIGHTSBRIDGE just a few steps away from amaaaaazing shopping!
The staff were knowledgable and exceptionally friendly, and the bed was SO comfortable, i didnt want to fall asleep just so i could keep feeling the sheets and the silkyness.
overall wonderful experience and id stay there every time im in london!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank musicaldva9
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Stayed here with a friend for a weekend last October - there's nothing wrong with this hotel, as such, but its pretty damn STANDARD for what is supposed to be a 5 star hotel, and in an area such as Knightsbridge. There's no character whatsoever - may as well be in a 4 star Marriott or something. Rooms all seem to be axactly the same - very boring standard decor. Agree, they are well equipped but there is no luxury or plush-ness. Staff friendly, bar is ridiculous, as pointed out by a previous reviewer, and the last minute charge put on the bill as you check out, described as a cleaning charge, of £5.28 PER DAY is absolutely ridiculous!! I was flabbergasted! The absolute cheek of them, after paying a fortune for the room in the first place. This was the last straw that completely put me off this hotel and the whole chain.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We stayed here a couple of months ago,we booked a basic room but was upgraded free of charge to suite. The suite was large with two rooms,two large plasma tv's and a very nice king size bed. The staff were very friendly and made sure our stay was pleasant. The only problem I had was the bar prices. And when I say 'bar' it was a room with a couple of fridges with bottles in it,there wasn't actually any beer on tap. I bought a bottle of cola and a bottle of water (both which were 250ml,less than a standard can) a bottle of average brand beer and a single vodka,this came to £26! Ok if you have more money than sense,or if you have money to burn. We booked this hotel on a special rate,and although we are not poor we are not loaded either,I wouldn't want to pay these prices on principle. £6 for a bottle of Heineken when you can get 6 bottles for that price in a supermarket? I wouldn't mind but the bar area wasn't exactly fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple