Claridge's
Hilton
US$168
US$160
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$121
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,037 results
All reviewsafternoon teaclaridges barmayfair suitebond streetbottle of champagneevery member of staffupgraded to a suitethe ritzluxury hotelbirthday treatamazing hotelan upgradelondon hotelhyde parkferafoyerfumoir
Reviewed 22 February 2012

You are lucky, if you get a grunt out of the doorman, staff at reception rather unfriendly and the most incompetent concierge I have ever come across. I stayed her for a couple of days while my place in Chelsea was being redecorated. The marble step in the bathroom was loose and sent me flying, the room safe broke down, peeling paint and stained carpets throughout the hotel. Ramsey´s food atrocious, but I didn´t really expect anything else. On a positive note, beautiful Art Deco lobby, but then that is not surprising, as it has been totally renovated not long ago. It may be the oldest 5 star hotel in London and it still is the oldest in more ways than one. Certainly does not deserve the 5th star anymore though.Should you require a decent luxury hotel in London, then go elsewhere. Never again and would certainly not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank CorpoHook
ClaridgeSLondon, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear “CorpoHook”,

I was very sorry to read that your experience was not of the high standard that you quite rightly expected when staying at Claridge’s. I can clearly see that we have upset you and I would very much like to apologise for this. Customer service is of immense importance to us. We work relentlessly to deliver exceptional service but it is obvious that we failed to do so during your stay. Staff training is one of our highest priorities as I believe that the team and the interaction we have with our guests makes a significant difference when experiencing a hotel.

You mentioned faults in your room and I hope that you will give me the opportunity to correspond with you in more detail away from this forum. You can contact me direct on tkochs@claridges.co.uk.

I hope you will be prepared to enter into a dialogue with me but, in the meantime, I sincerely, apologise for your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and i stay in this wonderful Hotel at least twice a year and often more as our daughter and grand-daughter live in London and we visit them as often as we can given that we ourselves own an Hotel in Scotland.

We have stayed almost every Xmas for the last 10 + years. The service, welcome and superb standards are second to none and it is great to see the staff continuity that is apparent to regular guests.

There are of course many other Hotels in London but there is one that stands out from the rest and this is it.

We would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: We have never been disappointed although normally request the same one when available
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear “Mr. GCGM-Inverness”,

I was very pleased to learn how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay at Claridge’s and I thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Last year it was my first stay at at Claridge's. Usually I prefer to stay in Knightsbridge area, but I was so happy with the hotel on my previous visit, this time again I decided to stay at Claridge's. Unfortunately it wasn't that great this time.
My book and 3 booklets of business presentation files, which I've left at reception to be sent to my room, were lost for 2 days. Thank god, presentations were found after 2 days, while I was checking out. But my book with some personal notes in it was lost. And the way they approached the problem was not satisfying at all. I think they have enough customers that's why they don't care really about customer satisfaction, feelings and opinion. They see the problem only as a book, which they can replace. The inconvenience they have created for the days wasn't that important for them.
My other comments, the room was quite old, in the bathroom, the flush tank didn’t work well…And heating system was not working well....
And lastly, I had two mornings the same breakfast, but they charged differently(20% difference for the same food), unfortunately I noticed in invoice that when I was checking out....
But other than these, location is good, clientele is good, spa is good....
I will try once more, and give my last decision after that visit…

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear “Mr. Ebrudi”,

I remain concerned at the incident regarding the items you left at Reception for delivery to your room and for the understandable and regrettable disappointment and inconvenience this caused you. As you know, the team were in contact with you about this during your stay, however, I agree that the situation you experienced is unacceptable. I have addressed this with all the team and our internal procedures will be reassessed to prevent this happening again. I was especially concerned that you felt we did not care and I would like to assure you that this was certainly not the case.

We know that your final decision on Claridge’s rests on your third visit . We look forward to restoring your confidence – without exception – during that stay and if you have time I would very much like to meet you personally.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 February 2012

My boyfriend and I spent an absolutely wonderful night at Claridges. I had wanted to visit the hotel for some time and it was everything that I expected it to be, and more. The staff we really welcoming on arrival and throughout our stay. We stayed in one of the Linley rooms and it was beautifully new and modern and there were lots of lovely little touches like chocolates and fruit in the room. There was so much space, not only in the bedroom but also in the bathroom and walk in wardrobe!

We had a really enjoyable drink in the bar before dinner, there was a nice buzzy atmosphere and the staff made sure that we got a table. I was then lucky enough to have dinner at Gordon Ramsey´s; gorgeous food and excellent service.

An overall really enjoyable experience and I hope to go back very soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear “Soph2903”,

Thank you for having the wish to stay at Claridge’s and to your boyfriend for arranging for it to come true. We were very pleased to learn that we not only met – but exceeded – your expectations and we share your hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2012

My husband and I checked in here for one night and we were both bitterly disappointed with Claridge's. Considering the reputation and prices they charge, we really expected a lot more than peeling walls and very tired looking rooms. We booked a Deluxe King and although the room itself was very generously sized, the decor was just SO worn down and old fashioned. The receptionist kept on repeating that it was "art deco" style and that it had been relatively recently refurbished (NB I guess everything is relative here. I doubt the room had been refurbished in 20 years). We requested a room change as I had purposely booked a more expensive room after looking on their website. The room they gave us certainly did NOT look like the room shown on the website. After waiting 45 minutes and a couple of phonecalls later, they finally found the only other room available. Whilst the new room was a slight improvement from the previous one, it was still far from ideal. We were freezing all night and despite turning the heating on full blast, it was a chilly 19 degrees.
On the plus side, the breakfast/ tea room at Claridge's is beautiful, the food was great and the service in here was wonderful.

Room Tip: Definitely request the NEWLY furnished DVF rooms when booking.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alondongirl

Dear “alondongirl”,

I was so sorry to read that the room you were assigned did not meet your quite rightly high expectations when staying at Claridge’s. As with every historic building, maintenance is one of our main focuses and we constantly have a few rooms under refurbishment. The majority of our rooms have been fully attended to during the last five years and the remaining few are part of our restoration programme. I would very much like to be in touch with you personally to find out a little more about your recent experience and would be grateful if you would give me this opportunity by contacting me (tkochs@claridges.co.uk) or Pat More, my P.A. pmore@claridges.co.uk).

I apologise that we disappointed you.

With kind regards,