Thistle Hyde Park
Hotels.com
US$416
US$250
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
Priceline
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$104
Agoda.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$126
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$116
  • Restaurant
All reviewshyde parkbayswater roadhot waterjunior suitekensington gardenswinter wonderlandcentral linelovely hotelair conmarble archfourth floorminute walkbus stoplarge bathroomnice sizetube stationlondon hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I recently spent 5 days at this hotel, 3 for business plus a weekend with my partner. I found it to be ideal for both business and leisure. The deluxe rooms are very large by London standards and very well appointed at reasonable rates. With 3 underground stations within short walking distance! getting around London is very easy. Service is ok and staff is kind and helpful. My only complaint is for the sometimes unsatisfactory making up of the room. I would. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jdemaio
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear jdemaio,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Thistle Hyde Park. We are delighted to hear that you liked our Deluxe rooms and found the hotel suitable for business and leisure (We agree!) . We would, however, like to say sorry about your room. We will take these comments on board and ensure that we get it right next time and all of the time.

Once again, many thanks,

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stop in Bayswater whenever we visit London, love the indie restaurants and little quirky shops, as well as the central but tucked away location. This was the first time we had stopped at the Thistle.
After initially going to the wrong Thistle (Marble Arch one is literally three doors away), and being very politely redirected, we found the Thistle Hyde park very visuallt impressive. We stopped for a quck business and pleasure trip, and found the room (with its MASSIVE high ceilings) more than good.
The bed was comfortable and the room well appointed - my husband was of a mind that the bathroom could do with a bit of a vamp (cracked tiles and lots of silicon sealent), but I personally quite liked its old fashioned Georgian style.
Overall I liked the Georgian style hotel and decor, but I agree, areas could do with a touchup. I think it all comes down to what you pay - we paid about £85 a night, so I was dead happy with the room, but for the average rate of £135 (I think) I would maybe expect a little more.
I would however, stay again without hesitation, it didnt put me off.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear fickle_barista,

Thank you for the great review. As you are a regular visitor to Bayswater, I hope Thistle Hyde Park will be “your” hotel in London for many years to come.

When you wish to return, you may wish to contact the hotel via the business listing on our Trip Advisor homepage.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 25 January 2012

As has been reported in the past the positives are staff faded grandeur if that's your thing and location.

Negatives from a business users point of view was tired stuffy room with noisy grumbling air con whether on or off.

Poor bathroom I had a shower cubicle but no shower so had to use handheld in bath with no screen.

If you get a cheap deal it's good for a night. As a private customer I would look around you can get better.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear water,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Hyde Park. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down and wanted to let you know that we are working on solutions to the issues raised. If you would be willing to give us another try, I will personally look after your booking and ensure that you enjoy your time here. When you next plan a trip to London, please contact me via our business listing (details are at the top of the Thistle Hyde Park Tripadvisor homepage)
Once again, thank you for posting this very constructive review.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2012

For my wife's birthday treat we came up to London to see a show and stay in a hotel. I picked the Thistle Hotel Hyde Park and I am so glad I did. We had a wonderful room that overlooked Hyde Park and we were welcomed by the reception staff and the Manager. All the staff were friendly, professional and made us so welcome.
The hotel is central for the West End and the shops, theatre land and all the historic sights - it is just down the road from Kensington Palace.
If you want a night, or indeed a few days in London, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. A thank you to all the staff who made our trip memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel as it overlooks Hyde Park
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew H,

Thank you for this great review. I really enjoyed meeting you both and hopefully you will keep Thistle Hyde Park in mind when returning to London.
If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please drop me a line.

Many Thanks again,

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We were initially disappointed on arrival because we'd asked for a room 'with a view' only to be allocated a room with no view whatsoever - just a wall in the well of the building, literally the room (131 - in itself a superb room) was dark with no natural light at all. No problem though, the staff were helpful and we had a very good capuccino while an alternative room was prepared. I've stayed in a lot of hotels in London, and they are usually samey and predictable. This hotel has real character and was totally spotless. The decor was superb - even the corridors had an air of grandeur which is just not present in the average 4* anymore and the building had some wonderful original features. As another reviewer mentioned, the hot water situation was a little hit and miss. This was mainly due to lack of communication - we needed to run the water for a good 5 minutes on full pelt before any hot water would come out - a huge waste of water. Once we discovered this there was no problem although it was annoying not to have been prewarned on arrival. However, this was a small price to pay for a really spacious room with high ceilings, chandelier lighting, large comfy bed and spotless as I say. We didn't eat the hotel but the menu did look delicious and the restaurant was really warm and inviting - we wished we could have eaten there to try it out. If you're going to the Royal Albert Hall (which we were) it couldn't be more convenient - just a 10 minute walk across Hyde Park. We haven't stayed in this part of London before, usually opting for more Central and Westminster areas. We now realise we've been missing out - the location of this hotel is in a smart area with loads of open space and so handy for tubes and taxi's to get further afield. So, despite a couple of hiccups we would definitely stay there again and recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you like natural light avoid room 131 and others in the well of the building - if you don't mind about the lighting then all the rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple