“we will be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #312 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Belfast, United Kingdom
“we will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We have been disappointed in otherThistle hotels, and were a bit apprehensive but the Hyde Park hotel is really great! It manages to have very personal ambience, and the staff are so helpful and welcoming. Just watch out for the manger who is very much "on the floor" and turned out to be our "porter"-------. Even when we had left, we returned with friends for a lovely quiet drink in this hotel as we were so happy with it. The Hyde Park manages to make you feel as if you are in grand version of your own home. Thank you Mr Murphy, you are doing a wonderful job.

Room Tip: our 3 adult sons had a huge room - much to our envy - so a good hotel for families, We had a rather...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine M
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Christine M,

It was my great pleasure to meet you both and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here. Thistle has gone through some big changes of late and we have invested huge amounts in our hotels. This investment will continue as we endeavour to become the “hottest show in town”.

I am looking forward to your return and please contact me if I can assist with your booking (contact details are located at the top of out Trip Advisor homepage)

All the best,

John Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
Sommacampagna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I recently spent 5 days at this hotel, 3 for business plus a weekend with my partner. I found it to be ideal for both business and leisure. The deluxe rooms are very large by London standards and very well appointed at reasonable rates. With 3 underground stations within short walking distance! getting around London is very easy. Service is ok and staff is kind and helpful. My only complaint is for the sometimes unsatisfactory making up of the room. I would. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jdemaio
Dear jdemaio,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Thistle Hyde Park. We are delighted to hear that you liked our Deluxe rooms and found the hotel suitable for business and leisure (We agree!) . We would, however, like to say sorry about your room. We will take these comments on board and ensure that we get it right next time and all of the time.

Once again, many thanks,

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stop in Bayswater whenever we visit London, love the indie restaurants and little quirky shops, as well as the central but tucked away location. This was the first time we had stopped at the Thistle.
After initially going to the wrong Thistle (Marble Arch one is literally three doors away), and being very politely redirected, we found the Thistle Hyde park very visuallt impressive. We stopped for a quck business and pleasure trip, and found the room (with its MASSIVE high ceilings) more than good.
The bed was comfortable and the room well appointed - my husband was of a mind that the bathroom could do with a bit of a vamp (cracked tiles and lots of silicon sealent), but I personally quite liked its old fashioned Georgian style.
Overall I liked the Georgian style hotel and decor, but I agree, areas could do with a touchup. I think it all comes down to what you pay - we paid about £85 a night, so I was dead happy with the room, but for the average rate of £135 (I think) I would maybe expect a little more.
I would however, stay again without hesitation, it didnt put me off.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear fickle_barista,

Thank you for the great review. As you are a regular visitor to Bayswater, I hope Thistle Hyde Park will be “your” hotel in London for many years to come.

When you wish to return, you may wish to contact the hotel via the business listing on our Trip Advisor homepage.

Yours Sincerely,

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

As has been reported in the past the positives are staff faded grandeur if that's your thing and location.

Negatives from a business users point of view was tired stuffy room with noisy grumbling air con whether on or off.

Poor bathroom I had a shower cubicle but no shower so had to use handheld in bath with no screen.

If you get a cheap deal it's good for a night. As a private customer I would look around you can get better.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear water,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Hyde Park. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down and wanted to let you know that we are working on solutions to the issues raised. If you would be willing to give us another try, I will personally look after your booking and ensure that you enjoy your time here. When you next plan a trip to London, please contact me via our business listing (details are at the top of the Thistle Hyde Park Tripadvisor homepage)
Once again, thank you for posting this very constructive review.
Kind Regards,

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

For my wife's birthday treat we came up to London to see a show and stay in a hotel. I picked the Thistle Hotel Hyde Park and I am so glad I did. We had a wonderful room that overlooked Hyde Park and we were welcomed by the reception staff and the Manager. All the staff were friendly, professional and made us so welcome.
The hotel is central for the West End and the shops, theatre land and all the historic sights - it is just down the road from Kensington Palace.
If you want a night, or indeed a few days in London, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. A thank you to all the staff who made our trip memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel as it overlooks Hyde Park
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Andrew H,

Thank you for this great review. I really enjoyed meeting you both and hopefully you will keep Thistle Hyde Park in mind when returning to London.
If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please drop me a line.

Many Thanks again,