Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$553
PricelineUS$550
Hotels.comUS$553
Trip.comUS$481
Preferred HotelsUS$554
ZenHotels.comUS$565
1,628 results
All reviews american bar green park game bird st james welcome home buckingham palace jermyn street main building junior suite piccadilly circus wonderful hotel quiet street small hotel the location is perfect wonderful stay west end luxury hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2019

Our second stay at this hotel which is a hidden gem. This time just a one night stay for our wedding anniversary and we were glad we made the decision to stay there again. Our special occasion made all the more so by the staff, the bottle of champagne on ice and our beautiful room. Our only regret not staying for longer! But we will be back.

Room tip: All rooms good
2  Thank Thulb
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Dear Thulb,
I'm delighted to read to your lovely review following your second visit to The Stafford.
It's so wonderful to hear that you chose to join us again for such an occasion and I'm glad to hear that the team took great care of you. It is a real pleasure to host you every time and we look forward to welcoming you back 'home' soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2019

I have stayed at The Stafford at least half a dozen times, including using it as home base for friends and family when my daughter got married in London last year. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and spotless. The staff goes above and beyond to offer impeccable service. The American Bar is an inviting and cozy spot for drinks and casual fare. The Game Bird has wonderful fine dining, and the flower-filled back courtyard is a private oasis for relaxing. In short, i cannot rave enough about The Stafford.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Susan M
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2019

Dear Susan M,
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write your review!
The Stafford really is a home base for many of our guest and we were thrilled to be able to host such a wonderful occasion for your daughter and the rest of family last year.
It really is a joy to host you all every time and I am so glad you have enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you all back 'home' to The Stafford before too long.

Reviewed 15 May 2019

Beautiful hotel at St. James Place. Staff is extremely accommodating, the rooms are pretty, comfortable beds, and very clean. Ned Holder in guest relations contacted us before our stay offering his assistant for anything we required for our stay and welcomed us in person when we arrived. Charlie, their doorman, is a gem! If you want suggestions for interesting things to do and see, Charlie is your man! He gave us the best recommendations along with directions and interesting points of interest along the way. The hotel has its own pub, "The American Bar" which is both historic and lovely; you'll find a beautiful and classic interior along with outdoor tables in their pretty courtyard. This hotel was perfect for our first trip to London!

Date of stay: April 2019
3  Thank MrsDuck2016

Dear MrsDuck2016,
I am delighted to read your lovely review following your first visit to us!
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Stafford and I thank you for highlighting the excellent service you received from Ned, Charlie and the team. Our stunning courtyard really is an Oasis in the heart of St James' and our famous American Bar is full of history and charm.
Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back next time you are in London.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2019

The staff at The Stafford is one of the best I have experienced. The guest manager Ned emailed us ahead of our trip and asked if we had any special needs, he greeted us as we arrived 4 hours early before check-in, and our room was ready after having a cup of coffee in the restaurant. The concierge was friendly providing maps, advice, and directions. Everyone was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The hotel is a block away from Picadilly and a short walk to Buckingham Palace and Trigalgar Square. The rooms were comfortable, but the AC controls were a bit slow to respond. The Gamebird restaurant was excellent and the American Bar is a neat bar to have right there in your own hotel. Overall, we had a great stay at The Stafford

Room tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor (room #121), very convenient. There is an elevator.
4  Thank TexasLSUFan
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2019

Dear TexasLSUFan,
Thank you so much for posting this lovely review!
I'm so glad to hear that the team took such great care of you and made you feel welcome.
It's great to hear that our fabulous location worked for you, we really couldn't be better placed.
With our stunning Game Bird restaurant and the famous American Bar, we really do have some fabulous options.
I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to us very soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2019

My Mum has been staying here for over 10 years and I have been lucky to be with her on most of these visits. Most recently I was there with my daughter. I love this place and I feel like I am staying at someone's home versus in a big luxury hotel. The breakfast is amazing. The lobster mac and cheese is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and go out of their way to help you. On another visit in January 2019 my daughter had food poisoning and the staff went out of their way to see what she needed and how we could help. I can't recommend this place enough.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Lora S
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2019

Dear Lora S,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.
The Stafford is indeed a "home from home" for many of our guests and I am delighted you have enjoyed your family stays with us over the years. I must also thank you for highlighting our sumptuous breakfasts and the attentive service you received. It's very pleasing to hear how the team rallied around in support when your daughter was taken ill in London. Hopefully it won't be too long before we have the chance to welcome you all back 'home' to The Stafford.