1,029 results
All reviews the club lounge the palm court artesian bar afternoon tea portland place regent street grand hotel oxford circus five star hotel cocktail bar executive room fabulous hotel home away from home nespresso machine roux wigmore luxury
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The environment within hotel seems to be leaning on due to its design and expensive things to be around. If you are not used to stay at the hotels of the same class you would feel yourself uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Bobv1355, General Manager at The Langham, London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Sarsenal96

Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing five star review and I am delighted to learn that your enjoyed your stay. Indeed, the hotel does ooze luxury and we pride ourselves on ensuring that each and every guest feels welcome and that their stays with us are most enjoyable. I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity of playing host to you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited for my partners 50th birthday weekend and were really looking forward to staying at the Langham. As I say in all my hotel reviews I’ve stayed at 5 stars across the world so it takes a lot to impress me.

It is fair to say that the physical aspects of this 5 star hotel lived up to expectation with the room and its facilities clearly to a high standard. We had everything you would expect and a very quiet room as requested.

The issue is that the quality of service from the staff was off the pace at times.

We walked into the hotel past at least three male staff and no one engaged us or offered to help us with our large cases. One man was actually on his phone texting or emailing someone.

The receptionist while talkative actually provided no useful information at all ie where one could take breakfast and what time. The basics you get at most 4 star hotels. We were essentially dismissed as they served the next customer.

I had asked for a surprise to be placed in the room as it was my partners birthday - there was a mistake with it and I told guest services when they did a routine phone check. It took a couple of attempts before the member of staff understood my point and whilst a verbal apology was offered it was clear they didn’t understand the gravity of what I was saying.

At breakfast the Resturant was clearly under staffed. Our waiter was running around all over the place but this meant we waited patiently to place our order. This would be understandable at a 4 star but not a 5 star when you expect the highest levels of service and the right staffing levels. Lots of people standing around looking pretty but not actually serving or clearing.

The best interaction was on check out when the receptionist was clearly used to working in a high end hotel, was engaging and helpful.

I will probably visit the Langham again to give it the benefit of the doubt but only once.

In the end it’s the service you are paying for at these iconic hotels as they really need to ensure the staff are up to it.

The problem I have in grading this place is that it is better than average but not really very good. It is better than just good so I’ve gone with 4 stars or very good. Hope that makes sense.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FortyEngland

Dear FortyEngland,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Langham, London and overall I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the time spent at our iconic hotel. I note your constructive comments regarding elements of the service afforded to you and rest assured I have addressed these with the team. I do welcome both positive and constructive feedback..........it is only through receiving critique that we are able to improve on our services and facilities. Thank you once again for your review and I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity of playing host to you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We surprised my son with a trip to London for his 8th Birthday and The Lanham was the perfect choice. We had a lovely time and used the Club extensively for breakfast and afternoon tea between visits throughout the city. The room was comfortable and large enough to accommodate my son in a roll away bed. Artesian had great cocktails and the large dining room was a lovely place to have breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Langham Hospitality Group
Bobv1355, General Manager at The Langham, London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sarah C

Firstly, what a fabulous review to read and secondly, great choice of hotel for your son's 8th birthday! I am so pleased to read that you and your family had a great stay with us and hopefully we created some great memories of a most enjoyable birthday treat! Thank you for your continued recommendation and hopefully I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Langham, London on many future occasions.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Langham hotel in London USA magnificent place. The rooms and common areas are beautiful The breakfast can be in a full service or partial service buffer. Both wonderful. The concierge staff was outstanding never steering us wrong. A great hotel to stay in

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Robert K

Wow! Great review! Thank you for sharing your appreciation with me and I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay here at The Langham London! I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Langham, London in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were very suprised when we got there. the videos/photos you find online on behalf of the hotel, or of travelers don’t do it justice. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the amazing smell and sense of calm.

I would have given it five stars, but when we got there we were asked if we wanted to be in the “Regent Wing”. Not knowing, we said it was fine. The front desk told us it was recently remodeled and the rooms were bigger, so it sounded perfect. After only one night we asked to please switch rooms. It was so noisy, you get all of the traffic sounds from the street below you, and the room is so dark. The bed seemed to be some older piece of furniture that was upholstered m, a bit lumpy and hard and the layout of the room was awkward. The bathroom had an older shower that you had to step up into (like with the plastic bases from the 90’s) and being 5 months pregnant found it a bit uncomfortable, and dark, since the bathroom didn’t have any windows.

As soon as we were switched to the main building our whole experience changed! The bedroom we were placed in had a magnificent view, lots of light both in the bedroom and bathroom. Gorgeous light colors in the decor. We were so comfortable we barely wanted to leave the room.

The breakfast in the tea room is a bit poor, but the breakfast at Roux at the Landau was fantastic. We preferred this buffet/table service, and had breakfast there every day.

Our next visit we would definitely stay there, but knowing now, we would ask to be in the main building.

They had the cutest teddy bear for us upon arrival, as we were celebrating our pregnancy.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Melissa A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Langham, London and I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Indeed, as you walk into the hotel you are immediately greeted with amazing floral displays and also the ginger flower scent that is bespoke to our hotel group. A truly fitting Langham welcome! What a shame that we missed a star however, we do always offer our guests the choice between the main building and the Regent Wing. We now know for future stays that your room preference is in the main building and I am so pleased that you found the decor and our well appointed rooms to your liking. I am also pleased to note that the Langham teddy bear was well received and wish you well for the rest of your pregnancy. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your new family to The Langham, London and thank you once again for taking the time to share with me your great feedback.