“fascinating part of our countries history”
Review of Kensington Palace

Kensington Palace
Ranked #366 of 1,886 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Once the favored home of kings and queens, this royal residence, redesigned by Christopher Wren for William and Mary in 1689, was home to Princess Diana, and today features the Court Dress collection.
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I had looked forward to visiting Kensington Palace for a very long time, and was very happy to find out that the Diana exhibit was still on. We visited spontaneously in December, and there was a very short queue to buy tickets into the palace. Princess Diana's dresses are an absolute must see if you can

we were very disappointed that we still had to pay full price when the Queen Victoria exhibition was closed, we would have loved to have seen her living quarters, and will therefore need to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,620)
All reviews
in 163 reviews
"gift shop"
in 136 reviews

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I tried to book tickets for me and my daughter to visit Princess Di’s exhibition but the booking system advised that it was full. I then realised that you get to see them within the full visit of Kensington Palace so I booked that way.
We were staying next to Hyde Park so had a brisk ten minute walk to Kensington Palace.
There was a very short queue to enter and we started by having a drink in the wonderful coffee shop. There were some lovely bits on sale in the adjoining shop too.
Princess Di’s dresses were amazing - just wonderful to see the black gown worn when she danced with John Travolta and the others were wonderful too.
A rather quick tour but if you’re a Princess Di fan I’d recommend.
Toilets were plentiful and clean.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Went with my daughter and a friend. We parked in a car park right next to the place under a hotel for £40 for the day, well worth it. We went to see the Diana exhibition but enjoyed the palace as well. The exhibition was really interesting with lots of information about Diana's life. I was amazed how much I remembered about her and how many memories of my own life it brought back. Some parts were quite sad as you remember what a lovely lady she was. even so I really enjoyed the visit. We had coffee and cake in the coffee shop, which even had gluten free cake.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Arrived about 10am and had no trouble with line ups etc. Cost was 19.00GBP for one adult which forme seemed reasonable. It wont take you too long to go through, probably 1.5 - 2 hours tops. The Diana exhibit was on and included in the ticket and although I confess I was not too fussed about it, once I entered and begun to read about her choices of dress etc, I found the whole exhibition to be most enlightening.

No it is not the biggest and the best but if you accept it for what it is I am sure you will enjoy it.