“Loved it”

Kensington Palace
Ranked #366 of 1,886 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Once the favored home of kings and queens, this royal residence, redesigned by Christopher Wren for William and Mary in 1689, was home to Princess Diana, and today features the Court Dress collection.
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Went with my daughter and a friend. We parked in a car park right next to the place under a hotel for £40 for the day, well worth it. We went to see the Diana exhibition but enjoyed the palace as well. The exhibition was really interesting with lots of information about Diana's life. I was amazed how much I remembered about her and how many memories of my own life it brought back. Some parts were quite sad as you remember what a lovely lady she was. even so I really enjoyed the visit. We had coffee and cake in the coffee shop, which even had gluten free cake.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,620)
All reviews
in 163 reviews
"gift shop"
in 136 reviews

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Arrived about 10am and had no trouble with line ups etc. Cost was 19.00GBP for one adult which forme seemed reasonable. It wont take you too long to go through, probably 1.5 - 2 hours tops. The Diana exhibit was on and included in the ticket and although I confess I was not too fussed about it, once I entered and begun to read about her choices of dress etc, I found the whole exhibition to be most enlightening.

No it is not the biggest and the best but if you accept it for what it is I am sure you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

You don't get to see a lot. The rooms have very little furniture in and the whole visit took less than an hour or so. Princess Diana's dresses are currently on show but not a lot to say other than I didn't realise how skinny she was.

2  Thank Nektaruk
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Having been watching Victoria on tv, I was interested to go here on a recent visit to London only to find that the section devoted to Queen Victoria was closed. It was a huge disappointment. I did enjoy the rest of the tour, especially Diana's dresses. The rooms are quite dimly lit which made reading the information that bit more difficult. We spent a lot of time in the gardens and park area on a crisp autumnal day. I will probably go back when the exhibition reopens although it is rather pricey.

1  Thank DebsB