3,871 results
All reviews chambers club booking office st pancras barlow wing gilbert scott chambers room iconic building train station beautiful hotel new wing british library junior suite afternoon tea kings cross brick wall steam room five star hotel
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Earlier today I took a guided walk following the route back from Blackfriars to Kings Cross culminating in a tour of this historic hotel with a wonderful lunch at the Mi + ME Restaurant. The staff were very friendly and particular thanks must go to Domenico Storelli who made us feel so welcome and went the extra mile to show us around this hidden gem of a Hotel. This Restaurant overlooks the station complex and after our walk the very tasty and fairly priced food made our visit to this hotel the highlight of our day.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 444mikeymike
Anne L, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 444mikeymike,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that Domenico showed you around and explained you the features and history of this beautiful building. Also, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your lunch at the MI + ME restaurant. It was a pleasure having you as our guests!

Thank you again for your kind comments and we hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Arrived at the hotel on a very warm day. 25.C in October! Really friendly greeting and a nice cool glass of sparkling wine was very much appreciated. Our room wasn’t quite ready, so we were shown to the chambers club for afternoon tea. Really pleasant experience. Worth the extra to upgrade to a chambers club room. The club itself offers afternoon tea, canapés and a choice of hot or cold breakfast. Really good service from the staff. All staff here are really professional and highly trained. Even the way we were handed our room keys, with both hands forward, was a really nice touch and made you feel special. The room itself was a grand junior suite. Roomy with a fully stocked mini bar. Marble bathroom with bath and rainfall shower, and one of the comfiest beds I have slept in. Only issue was the noise from the sirens on the Euston road throughout the night. That’s just London for you, but at least the double glazing kept most of the traffic noise out. Breakfast in the chambers club was lovely. This is my second stay at this hotel. The hotel itself is superb with delightful architecture. But the staff here are what really makes your stay that bit special.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear daveinkent44,

Thank you for have taken the time to review your most recent visit to the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel.

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service our staff provided throughout your stay made it even more special. I already shared your kind feedback with the appropriate teams. It was a pleasure having you as our guests!

Thank you again for your kind comments and we hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

I do want to stay here but stayed nearby at a business hotel. However, we had a meeting breakfast at the hotel in the fantastic paneled room with elegant service. Pricey of course but if you are looking for ambience that will make everyone at the table feel important, this would be the place to do it. I also toured the other downstairs amenities. and plan to book there next time and definitely eat at the named chef restaurant ( independently operated). This place is also so convenient to Kings Crossing and of course was part of it in the beginning. I should be going back in a month or so- so will finish this then.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank couplessPS

Dear couplessPS,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the meeting breakfast at our hotel and that you are planning to return to the hotel to stay with us! Also, the Gilbert Scott restaurant is definitely worth a visit and I trust you will enjoy your dinner there.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I really don’t understand how hotels get their ratings. We’ve stayed in amazing hotels and this was very average. Check in was poor as we were offered two rooms neither of which we wanted. One was a twin and the other overlooking a function that was taking place so we were told it would be noisy. Why would anyone accept that? We were told that there would also be a function for our second night. We therefore had no option but to take the twin. We specifically asked at the outset if the room was adjoining and was told no. When we got into the room it was. We had to ring reception again as we’ve had several issues with adjoining rooms in the past and did not want to risk it. We were moved (and might I add had to tip the porter for the privilege) surprisingly into a double room (which we had asked for) no where near the event. So were we lied to initially? The new room although quiet wasn’t by any means 5 star - small, with chipped furniture and in need of some redecoration to give it a five star feel. There was dust on the lampshades and we found hairs on the bathroom floor. The amenities in the bathroom were poor and we had to ring again for some additions. In fact we had to ring twice as we waited so long. The bed is another story and could do with replacing. The main part of this hotel is beautiful and the rooms in the old part are in grand corridors and no doubt very wow inside. However, the new part of this hotel is pretty much 3 star. On the plus note the breakfast was lovely and we really enjoyed it. Due to our room issue we were given access to the club lounge and we had breakfast there on the last day. Again that was lovely. It’s in a great location (for us it was) and many of the staff where very nice. It’s a beautiful building and even if you are not staying there I recommend having a look as it’s very historic. You can join a tour that takes you around the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Anne L, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear MessengerMarshall,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the St. Pancras Renaissance.

Whilst I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel building itself and its history, I am very sorry to hear about the problems upon your arrival and that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. I would like to assure you that this is not at all the kind of service we strive to deliver to our guests and I already sent you a private message in relation to your stay.

Once again, I wish to sincerely apologise for our failure to ensure an enjoyable stay and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Beautiful historic hotel with everything. Received a higher roof with cool arched windows and good sized room for a small upgrade. Executive club on main level excellent facility and very friendly. Front desk staff were all outstanding. St parcras station celebrating its 150th anniversary. Subway and train station out side door as well as British museum within walking distance. Love hotel!

Room Tip: Wide variety of rooms and they have all been good for me
Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Ron W

Dear Ron W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to offer you an upgrade to a higher room category and that you enjoyed your stay with us! Also, thank you for your kind words regarding the service our staff provided on your stay, and I already addressed your feedback to the appropriate teams.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest!