“A seriously good hotel!”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Amazing meal here Saturday and everything about the place spoke class and service. Can't comment about the price of accommodation but it all looked high quality and well thought out. London needs more hotels like this!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank AZandDZ
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for your kind review - it's great to hear that more London hotels should be like ours. What a compliment to receive.

I'm also happy to read that you enjoyed your meal with us on Saturday. We look offer to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

The rooms are lovely with warm tones and wood and marble, as everyone has said. The painting next to my bed was so lovely I'd like it hanging in my own living room! Also, the shower has a rain head which produces an incredible downpour (this is a positive). The toilet room is separate and all the bath and body products are great. I didn't get to take a bath but the tub looked wonderful and had a window looking out over the interior courtyard. The very spacious closet also had a window. The bed was plenty comfortable.

I ordered room service which came promptly and was delicious. Breakfast came with my room so I ate downstairs twice. The food is tasty and fresh and abundant.

And then there's the spa. The heated, marble loungers next to the gas fireplace were simply amazing. And the vast hot pool on the other side also wonderful. Everything is immaculate and relaxing. The gym is kind of dark and you do feel as if you're in the basement but it's perfectly adequate.

The lobby is beautiful with enormous, dramatic arrangements of fresh flowers and attentive staff.

Make sure you try to stay at this hotel while you're in London. It's over-the-top fabulous.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank wellheeledboston

Thank you for you positive review, I enjoyed reading how much you enjoyed our rooms’ features such as the art work, large closet and rain shower. As our hotel spa is the fantastic ESPA Life, we share their bath & body products with our hotel guests in the rooms. The Nourishing range is especially nice with Lime, Nutmeg & Ginger Essential oils.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed The Northall’s fine cuisine in the comfort of your room & that you also enjoyed their breakfast offering. Our Lobby Lounge, which you kindly complimented, also serves food and their Afternoon Tea is particularly well received.

Our ESPA Life spa is certainly a fantastic offering and the gym and thermal floor is complementary to our hotel guests. It’s great to hear that you liked the heated Cleopatra marble loungers and our fireplaces, which run throughout the spa. We will look into the level of lighting in the gym as we do not wish for our guests to feel quite so relaxed in that space. We hope you will visit us again soon & would highly recommend trying ESPA Life’s Signature Massage or a session with one of our Complimentary Alternative Medicine specialists, who offer Osteopathy, Naturopathy and Acupuncture, on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I spent two nights at the Corinthia in January, and it's perhaps one of the greatest hotels in the city. The hotel is newer - perhaps a year old since opening - and it shows. It is very tastefully done, very classic, fresh, and inviting. The staff is welcoming and attentive without being too intrusive. I believe I had a fairly standard room with a small balcony facing the interior courtyard, and it was among the most comfortable rooms I have stayed in. The room was large by London standards, perhaps slightly bigger than most in the US, with the now usual flat screen TV, the bed was comfy, and the bathroom was amazing. The shower has both a 'rain' feature from the ceiling as well as the normal showerhead, plus there was a full tub. My only regret was that due to work I couldn't spend more time in the hotel and try out the spa. If you are up for a splurge in London, look no further than the Corinthia.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BeantownBriggs
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for your generous review. I greatly enjoyed reading that you found Corinthia Hotel London to be “perhaps one of the greatest hotels in the city”. Since our opening in April 2011, we have certainly strived to make our guests feel welcome.

As you pointed out, our rooms are very spacious, measuring an average of 45m² - among the largest in London’s luxury hotel market. The beds are made specifically for our hotel and we have made sure to maximise the offerings in the bathroom, with the bath, rainfall shower, twin sinks and heated-marble floors. I’m glad you enjoyed your room.

Our ESPA Life spa is a great asset to the hotel & has some fantastic treatments. The Bamboo Harmoniser body treatment is very popular and we also offer consultations with our in-house Osteopath, Naturopath, Nutritionist and Acupuncturist. Further, the spa’s beautiful thermal floor facilities are included in your stay and I hope you will have time to enjoy these on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I booked a single night at the Corinthia for my wife's birthday and I'm so happy I did. Absolutely 100% the best hotel I have ever stayed at in London by a country mile.

I don't tend to write reviews for hotels when I stay a single night as I think it is difficult to judge something over such a short time, especially considering my overnight stays are usually just somewhere to sleep, but we both didn't want to leave the Corinthia and it completely deserves a glowing review!

I contacted the reservations department prior to our trip to advise them it was my wife's birthday and I wanted to have some flowers and champagne in the room on arrival and also arrange some spa treatments for her. This was handled very professionally and with minimal fuss over email as the spa, the florist and the reservations department all contacted me and confirmed my requests.

When we arrived the porter took our bags with a smile and we checked in with no fuss. We were escorted to our room, which was ready for us and on arrival given a brief overview of the safety deposit box etc. Soon after arriving our bags arrived. The room was stunning. A real treat with fluffy thick feeling carpets, woods and marble in the bathroom with all modern comms that you would expect (Great shower and bath). The flowers and champagne I had ordered were beautifully arranged and they had even provided a little cake and a card wishing my wife a happy birthday! A nice touch.

After going to the theatre in the evening, we decided to stop in the Bassoon bar for a few cocktails. The waitress was very attentive and although she got my 1st order wrong (she misheard me and bought the wrong beer for our 1st round), it really wasn't an issue as we had table service and my wife loved the bubblegum cocktails. Very funky/cool place with a nice vibe.

The bed was really comfortable to sleep in and we had a nice lay in on Sunday. The other amazing thing about this hotel... 24 hour check in/out. We slept in quite late on the Sunday as we got back late, but there was no rush to be out the hotel by 11 or 12 as with every other hotel. When we checked in they asked what time we would approximately be checking out and as we had a day in the spa planned we didn't want to leave until around 6 or 7pm. This was no problem at all and it was so nice being able to get up when we wanted and have a base for the day we were leaving!

My wife had 2 hours in the spa having a facial and a massage and she described it as one of the best she has ever had (and she has quite a few). She said the attention to detail and advice offered during the whole treatment was really good. Whilst my wife was in the the spa I decided to go for a run and concierge was very helpful in providing me with a jogging route up down past Buckingham Palace and around the Serpentine in Hyde Park. I then joined my wife and we relaxed in the hot pool and sauna, before grabbing some freshly squeezed juices from the spa lounge. After an hour or so we could wander back to our room where we got ready to check out, but took our time and didn't feel rushed thanks to the fact we could check out whenever!

This hotel is simply amazing and the little touches are what make all the difference. The fact every time we walked into the reception, the staff addressed us by name (I'm assuming they have some machine that picks up something from our key card and displays it on the computer...either that or they have Rainman like abilities for remembering a face!) The flowers were wrapped so we could take them home and nothing seemed too much trouble. The doormen all helping with our cases. The hotel feels very grand and oozes luxury with the think carpets, clean glass and fresh smells from the wooden floors etc.

The location of the hotel is also great for visiting the sights on London just down the road from Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace etc.

I'm running the marathon in April and this will hopefully be the hotel I stay at. We loved everything about it and can't wait to be back and I can't recommend this hotel enough.

Thanks to everyone at the Corinthia for a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kimba69
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for such a generous review, it was great to read that you chose Corinthia London for this special occasion and that you had a wonderful experience. I was particularly pleased to read that the team looked after you both so well and that the birthday cake and card were special touches you appreciated. We are very fortunate to have a team that takes great pride in each of their roles - I know they will be very pleased to receive your feedback.

Bassoon Bar’s cocktails have been very well-received, and your wife’s choice of a Bubble Gum Martini is proving very popular. It was wonderful to read that the staff in both Bassoon Bar and Reception made you feel welcome – particularly our Reception team who remembered your name as guest recognition is a very important aspect of our five star service. Thank you for this kind feedback.

It is wonderful to see that our flexible check-in/check-out policy allowed you to relax for as long as possible. Our hotel’s location is great for enjoying a run whilst also taking in many of London’s major landmarks; as you mentioned, our Concierge team is always happy to recommend different routes tailored to your interests. I was pleased to hear that your wife enjoyed her ESPA Life at Corinthia spa treatments and that you were both able to enjoy the spa’s thermal floor - it is certainly not to be missed! I do hope we can welcome you back again soon – hopefully for your upcoming marathon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just finished a really extraordinary stay over the weekend at the Corinthia. I have stayed in many 5 Star hotels but this is truly one of the best!
Having said that there was a VERY unpleasant surprise on checking out. The hotel charged me 140 Pounds!!!! for 2 telephone calls!
There is absolutely NO justification asking so much money - it is to say the least, daylight robbery!
Even though one call was international, the other call was local and I can not see how you can charge 70 Pounds for a local call!
The reception for mobile phones is very bad, and known to the Hotel. There is also no information in the Room on how much the Hotel charges for Phone calls! Having had to make a call regarding a Cruise reservation, I had no option, but to use the Hotel Phone. I would very much like to have an explanation from the Hotel, on what basis they can justify such outrageous prices.
When mentioning this to the staff at reception, even they were shocked and the clerk attending me even said that though he has worked in many 5 star Hotels, he has never seen something like this!
I will certainly be taking this to the UK Consumer Watchdog.
Again, the Hotel is certainly worth its classification and the service and food is impeccable, but it certainly does not justify ripping you off this way.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Philipp_Ethan
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you very much for your encouraging comments about your recent weekend visit to the Corinthia. I am really encouraged that you truly believe we are one of the best five star hotels you have stayed in. Naturally I was concerned to hear your comments about our telephone charges. I can appreciate your frustration whereby the poor reception signal required you to use the in room telephone to book your cruise. The number chosen, we believe, was a premium 084 number which we charge at £5 per minute in line with our competitor hotels. I am sure the charge on the mobile would have also been quite high, but I can understand your frustration that you had no options. I believe I have traced your bill and I will put through a discount on your credit card.

On your next visit to the Corinthia London you should hopefully not experience the same issue as we will be receiving a further boosted signal from 02. If you have a non UK phone with roaming you can access the two excellent networks that have coverage in our building, being Vodafone and 02.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Corinthia in the very near future.