“Evening with friends”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: East End / East London
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great location & atmosphere. Private rooms upstairs was very nice. Catering for 20/30 people was very good too.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I came here on my birthday for a whiskey cocktail masterclass. It was a Thursday evening and the pub was buzzing, which was a great sign straight away. The staff were so welcoming and the perfect combination of relaxed and efficient. The whiskey masterclass itself was a lot of fun and inexpensive; I spoke to the manager after who said they often host similar events and I’ll definitely be back to try some of them! We didn’t eat but the menu looked great and I’d love to go back in summer and have dinner over looking the river from their balcony! Thank you so much for a lovely evening

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

This is such a picturesque venue. With the right review restaurant you can spend hours watching the world go by. I went with friends and had a cheeky G+T in the most humongous glass and a pint of Beavertown Neck oil (which is my favourite beer).
There was a huge choice on the menu which was good to see. I had the catch of the day which was a whole lemon sole which was cooked to perfection.
The staff were very relaxed and attentive.
A thoroughly enjoyable evening. I definitely will be returning. I should imagine it would be great in the summer.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I was walking trough the river with my friends, when We seen this place , that was looking amazing and we decided to get in. We’ve been welcomed by a nice staff member that followed us till the end of our experience! He said that they were running a brand new menu that was awesome , food was delicious, drinks as well I’ll suggest to get there and I’ll be back here for sure with no regrets!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I've always wanted to try this place on our trips to London, and was delighted when my daughter said she had managed to get a table. We arrived at 8.30 on a Friday night and it was empty - that should have been fair warning. I ordered a medium steak and it was tortured as was my partner's -- not good. The belly pork looked disgusting and it was sent back to be replaced by a cold burger and chips. Really not good. The waitress was lovely and was doing her best but the food is awful. Such a shame - it is in such a cracking spot overlooking the river, but they really need to up their game. The bill was reduced to reflect our complaints, 20% of the total bill, but it really was a waste of money.

Date of visit: February 2018