“Perfect stay at PPWB”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #192 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Perfect stay at the PPWB. We arrived early at the hotel and had an coule get thé room directly what we really appreciated. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. Room good size well furnished. We really enjoyed !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thanks Sandra G for this perfect, five star review.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here at the end of a 3 week European vacation last summer (July 9-13, 2011). Coming from Venice we arrived at check-in at 10pm for our "Iconic view Room". We had read about upgrades but had never had one. We got an upgrade to the Presidential Suite...all 1800 sq feet of it! Wonderful is an understatement...we absolutely loved the spectacular view of Big Ben and the London Eye..Wow factor times 10. We would return in a heartbeat...THANKS!! PS Booked on Expedia.

Room Tip: The view is well worth a few extra $$ or GBP if you can stretch!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

All superior rooms face inside, and have no external view. As a result room was very dark and depressing. Not a great nights sleep, lots of door slamming and poor sound proofing. Restaurant is outrageously overpriced, well over £20 for breakfast.
Disappointing experience overall, not recommended,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear FlyingBathtub33,

Thanks for your review, although I am sorry that you left the hotel disappointed.

We work hard on making sure our website clearly states the different views and I’m sorry you were not aware of the numerous options for breakfast.

We would like the opportunity to serve you better next time and hope we see you again, and a tip for breakfast for next time is the Executive Lounge package at £39 per couple which includes 2 breakfasts, tea and coffee all day, full afternoon tea and then canapés and drinks from a full bar until 8pm. Keep an eye out on our website for the park Plaza package and you may even get this for £25. Another option is the Illy Espressement coffee shop on the ground floor, similar in style and price to a Prêt or a Starbucks, as well as breakfast via room service with no tray charge.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Very different to other hotels I have stayed in before- unique design, floorplan is like a molar tooth allowing more light into rooms and some rooms have kitty corner views of Big Ben...

Modem stylish design
Super busy hotel - people checking in all the time
Restaurants here are so and so
But convenience store and sushi places close by
Only disappointment is the international power sockets on room table not working

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I have been regular guests of the Park Plaza London chain of hotels during the past two years due to the excellent service and professionalism of the staff. We have always been afforded the utmost courtesy and respect, and in turn this has kept us coming back on a regular basis. I have provided very positive feedback to the manager after each of our stays, and have always received a warm and welcome response in return inviting us to come back. Our preferred choice of hotel has always been the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, but on this occasion we feel we have been let down in relation to the service we have experienced during our stay. Firstly, the check in formalities were unusually formal, and there was no hint of a welcome as is usually the case. Secondly I was told that my credit card would have to be pre-authorised to the amount of £150.00 in case I wanted to use the bar as I was staying 3 nights. When I requested this amount to be lowered to around £75.00, I was told rather abruptly that this would not be possible, and that I would have to pay cash each time I ordered a drink, which proved rather inconvenient. On sitting down in the bar on my first evening, it took 20 minutes for me to be approached by the staff to request my order, and on the second evening it took nearly 30 minutes for my wife to have her order taken while she was waiting for me to come down. So not only did we have to pay cash, (as punishment for not agreeing for my card to be pre-authorised £150.00, but to add insult to injury, a 12.5% discretionary charge was added for our trouble!! Last but not least, I approached one of the check in staff to request a 60 minute later check out, only to be told that it would cost me an extra £10.00! When I asked whether he could reconsider as we were regular customers, he told me that this would not be possible. What should have been a very pleasant weekend celebrating my wife's birthday in an establishment that has always treated us very well, turned into a very disappointing experience. The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge has always had an excellent reputation for providing visitors with a wonderful stay, but it needs to ensure that it does not become complacent especially with regard to it's regular clientele.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank British_John

Dear British_John,

Thanks you for your detailed review.

It is saddening to read we let you down and as you rightly state this is not the norm.
I have shared your review with our team and we agree we do not want to become complacent in our service delivery.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, do let me know when you’ll be visiting again, I would appreciate the opportunity to apologise in person.