3,105 results
All reviews club room wet room upgraded to a junior suite heathrow express quiet area breakfast was excellent rooms are small an upgrade full english tube station paddington pubs
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We camed from Spain to visit London. We were a Group of 8 and we had 4 rooms in this hotel.
The receptionists recieved us very nice and friendly and the check in was quite fast. The porter escort us to out rooms. All the rooms was very modern. The second day we went down to reception to ask some directions. we were very amazed when one of the girls from reception started to speak Spanish to us. Suddenly we felt like home. She explained us exactly where were the locations that we wanted to visit. The next day we had a problem, one friend of us felt a little low so we were asking for help. Our friend had some heart palpitations and we went straight to reception. We found the same nice girl at the reception and we asked for help. She booked us a free of charge taxi to St Mary hospital. My friend was ok after the doctor gave him some tablets. We never had the chance to say thanks for the help. Thank you for all the help and we really want to tell every one that is the best hotel with great staff.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank Mariadeltorre
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time for writing comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests. I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members. We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in near future. regards

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed at the Park Grand for one night in order to get early flight from Heathrow as close to Paddington's Heathrow Express. When we arrived there was noone at reception and no bell to call anyone. When someone finally turned up and I tried to check in they questioned by booking as they could not find it on their computer system. They asked when I had booked the room - 2 weeks earlier and from their own website. The lady (Julia) was very rude and dismissive and suggested I did not have a booking despite me trying to show her the confirmation email which she refused to look at. After 15 minutes of faffing around (and I had already explained we had a dinner reservation in town) she finally found our booking. She handed my room key but didn't tell me where the room was or even what number it was and while she was still dealing with me she walked off to attend to another client. When I complained that she was still dealing with me she was dismissive and asked what I was waiting for. Am I supposed to be psychic when they hand you a piece of card with your key inside but fail to tell you thats the key and what your room number is and how to get there? I've stayed at a lot of hotels and this hotel is no where worthy of a 4 star rating. I will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine187046
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies once again and I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me on nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com, in details for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

regards
Nitish Bhatt

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed here in last month. Needed a place that would be close to Paddington Station for a convenient morning train to Heathrow. Got a great price by paying in full when booking. Staff was very courteous and helpful upon checking in, and offering some suggestions on local pubs and restaurants. Check in could offer a much quieter room . Thought that was great customer service. Room was very clean. Also had a very nice breakfast in their restaurant which was included in the price. If you need a good clean place in this particular neighborhood, I would highly suggest this one.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank raghu1985

Reviewed 10 December 2011

This hotel is ten minutes walk from Paddington railway station, which is itself fifteen minutes by train from Heathrow Airport.

I found the Park Grand to be very convenient for a one-night stay before catching an early morning flight. I arrived by train and dragged my case ten minute to the hotel. I was pleased when a helpful porter dashed out onto the pavement to help me take my case inside. Check-in was polite and quick.

The room was small but very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small but again very clean and with plenty of shower gel and shampoo. The shower worked well, although the bathroom is a wet-room.

I enjoyed a night out with friends in some London pubs before an excellent night's sleep.

It was very easy to get from the hotel, on foot, to Paddington Station and thence to Heathrow for my flight.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank A_Flying_Scotsman
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Tried to check in but was told I was being moved due to maintenance.Explained I was booked for 2 nights with another room booked for a guest and that another 8 more were coming the next day I was very quickly re instated.The rooms are small but well kitted out do not take a lot of hanging clothes the hole in the wall just takes a suit.

Its clean and tidy and location is good staff OK.Bar was closed at 11.30pm

It could be very good its not yet at the price its OK

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business