“Nostalgic charm - a rare treat in today's world. ”
Review of The Four Lanterns

The Four Lanterns
Reserve with OpenTable
The Four Lanterns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,891 of 24,833 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere different, somewhere independent and that actually cooked its own food. Wandering around the streets we stumbled upon this 1970s treat. It was Tuesday so not surprisingly we got a table. What a great decision! The service was friendly and professional, the food was tasty and authentic and atmosphere characteristic. Good value, good honest service and an enjoyable evening hosted by the owner. Give it a try!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Located in the centre of Fitzrovia, little dated, and a touch messy, but I like it for its old charm. Food was surprisingly good, almost couldn’t finish the mixed grill. Keep an open mind, and enjoy a restaurant that reflects the area...

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Hidden away on Cleveland street it serves genuine first class greek food at a very reasonable price. The Messi is excellent.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The ambience and intimacy of this restaurant is wonderful. It's a tiny place off the beaten tourist path. We were warmly greeted by the owner, who sat us at a table with adorned by a coral bud vase--even though we had no reservations. The owner was attentive without being intrusive, and he oversaw the service with interest and dignity. It's really a lovely atmosphere, with no pressure to leave after we finished our meal. We really enjoyed the food; I had prawns and my husband had the beef stroganoff. We each had a glass of the house red wine, which was reasonably priced and just fine. The food was excellent, with a "home cooked" approach rather than haute cuisine. It's the kind of place to which you want to return-good food, service, and ambience without breaking the bank. I highly recommend it and would go back in a heartbeat the next time I'm back in London. Sophisticated, it's not; authentic and warm it is.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

As the nights draw in it was a pleasure to stumble across this little ray of Greek sunshine. Menu and decor are as traditional as they come, and I felt transported to a Greek island in the heart of Fitzrovia. Taramasolata starter was creamy but lacked a little flavour, but the no frills lamb souvla that followed was a joy. Four succulent and tasty lamb cutlets were perfectly cooked and delicious. All washed down with a couple of glasses of reasonably priced house white. The bill was eye wateringly reasonable, and as I wandered back to my hotel through the darkened streets I was left with that warm glow you get after a relaxing Greek holiday.