“Super! Excellent hamburgers, extremely nice people, very nice place”
Review of The Greedy Cow

The Greedy Cow
Ranked #751 of 24,651 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: East End / East London
Description: We Defy Definition - Yes, we do burgers, but we aren’t a burger joint. We do steaks, but we aren’t a steakhouse...Fresh - The word that inspired the creation of the Greedy Cow which continues to inspire our food today...We simply aim to bring you the best fresh produce and cook it in the most innovative and flavoursome ways, to deliver you a meal that will fill your stomach without emptying your wallet!...
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is definitely a must go if you want to try an excellent hamburger in London. You can choose between traditional burgers and more exotic ones, and you won't be disappointed with any of the two. Side dishes and desserts are great as well. Pietro and all the people working there are extremely nice and the place is very cozy. Super!

1  Thank GFabio2014

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Greedy Cow used to be good but has gone dramatically downhill recently. Food hygiene rating is 0 as of July 2017 - something must be severely wrong with cleanliness here. Beware. Last weekend, I gave them another go despite this as I live locally. The kitchen seemed confused and missed parts of a very simple order, which is probably why they don't follow basic food hygiene standards: An added cheese was brought to us on a separate plate, microwaved, after the burger arrived (had to compile ourselves). No apology. Coleslaw side order was forgotten and we had to ask again. They tried to sell us cider all the time. The meat was tasty, yet very plainly seasoned, but everything was lukewarm in temperature - both meet and the fries. The bread was tasteless and a bit stale.

Good for families as the staff are friendly, welcoming and enjoy a chat with customers.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Have been here two or three times over the past few years. Relaxed and informal vibe where quirky burgers and fairly decent cocktails are served up. Burgers on offer include Camel, Kangaroo, Duck etc but the original beef is still on the menu along with chicken and a decent wagyu burger. Whilst this wouldn't be the first place I'd recommend for a meal in the area or in general, it is a good option if in the locale and wanting a decent burger and cocktail.

1  Thank Terelli81
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I popped down for a bite if lunch with a freind after a recomendation for a good burger. The burger itself was delightful, I was a fan of the additional extra choice (im yet to find another place I can add chorizo to my.burger!) however the highlight for me was the bloody mary I had to come with it! It may seem strange but the barman was clearly sent from the hevans, a true angel. Perfect amount of tobasco shakes and not too strong on the alcohol, squeeze of lemon and whatever else this magician did he can definatly do again. Thankyou my dear, you made my 2017.

1  Thank layla105
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic staff soooo friendly can't praise this place highly enough I had the Wagyu burger wife had the American burger best burgers we have ever had absolutely FANTASTIC LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PLACE