All reviews earls court piccadilly line plenty of hot water room was clean the wi fi no air con five minute walk stayed here for one night convenient location hyde park cereal accommodation
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Lovely quiet hotel, not the fanciest but it’s very clean and there’s plenty of hot water in the bathroom. Tea and coffee-making facilities are provided in the room. Continental breakfast was included in the price and consisted of juice, tea or coffee, toast (with jam, marmalade or spreadable cheese) and a choice of cereal -- this kept me going until lunchtime. WiFi is provided free.
A major plus is that Manor Hotel is only a five minute walk from Earls Court Tube Station. From Earls Court you can catch either the Piccadilly or District Line into central London and the Piccadilly Line direct to London Heathrow.
A great little hotel, great location and, especially for London, a great price. I’ll stay there again on my next visit to London.

Room tip: If you have problems carrying a suitcase upstairs, request a room on the ground floor.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Not the fanciest of hotels by any means, but all we used it for was a bed to sleep in and light breakfast. Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable bed, the decor is dated but a TV in each room and maid service each day I would stay again as all I needed was a bed and a room with a lock and access to a kettle.
Wifi is very pricey but plenty of places nearby with free wifi

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Peaceful and clean place, staff was nice. Location was excellent. Breakfast was quite basic. Bathroom was shared but it was ok. Overall this hotel suited well for our visit, we only really needed a place to sleep since our intention wasn't to hang out in a hotel. Would stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Pro's:
-very close to the Earl's Court metro station, no more than 5 minutes walk.
-though the hotel is little dated, the room (number 13, with private bathroom) was clean, warm, quiet and with all you need for a short stay (we have been there for two nights)
Con's:
-the breakfast is disappointing, it means only toast, butter, jam and tea/coffee and eventually some spreadable cheese.
-they are charging extra money for wi-fi (if I remember well, it was £5 per day)
-if you want to come by car, make sure you are contacting the hotel reception before pay for the booking, to be sure that parking space is available, they have only 4 places (it cost £20 per day and payment in advance or all card details required to guarantee the parking place.)

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Isabella C
Reviewed 16 October 2016

The only thing going for this hotel is the location near Earls Court tube station.
This hotel is more hostel and has the award of the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, around the world.
No lift- we were on the 3rd floor and the final staircase was narrow and winding, hard with cases to get up there
All the fire doors were chocked open and the fire access to the roof was padlocked- we would have had no chance in a fire
The person in the next room continually had their door open, TV on and spent most of the night singing the same song over and over again, in between coughing
Sirens all day and night from main road near hotel
Continental breakfast was dubious looking cereal, juice, coffee and a slice of toast each, made when you appeared in the dining room. This room was dark, dingy, in the basement and miserable
The am Receptionist was a grumpy old man who argued and would not listen
We arrived one afternoon to find Police arresting a vagrant 3 doors from the hotel and there was crime scene tape round a corner shop that had been robbed just before we passed by
Reception was a "hole in the wall affair"
The room was nothing like the photos. no closet to put your clothes, only a hanging space over the kettle for shirts only or trousers
The bathroom was very basic, generic wall mounted hand cleaner, in the shower too
We had to beg for more teabags as had run out , very reluctant to give out
creamer for hot drinks, no milk, no fridge
Room very small and cramped for 2 people and had to have window open all the time as very stuffy
water pump in the bathroom was noisy
A miserable stay
Have to pay for wifi
At night I could smell someone smoking fairly close by, think it was the person in next room smoking out of the window
We wanted tp make a local phone call but were not allowed to

Room tip: dont go there
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mohammed A, Front Office Manager at Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

From early morning, the man came complaining “politely!!!!” about a burnt bathroom ceiling light and absence of a basin plug, to which I replied that it would be fixed.
A minute after they went to breakfast room, they came back mumbling. The man came sticking out his head into the reception room, complaining that the breakfast was not satisfactory. This time he WAS RUDE. As he went on his way, I said: But the breakfast is complimentary, i.e. is free from the hotel. He returned, in a more rude way, saying: Don’t tell me about that, complimentary. He also started shouting, to which I replied immediately: Don’t you shout at time. Talk to me as I’m talking to you. If you have any complaint, put it in writing. If you have any problem, put it in writing to the management.
Words came flying by, including him telling me: Shut up. To which I immediately replied: You SHUT UP.
There is NO WAY that we can tolerate abuse. Paying the bookings' rate does not include a right to insult.
It ended with them saying they will complain to tripadvisor, to which I replied: Do whatever you want to do, in writing.
His booking was for 3 nights, extended to 4, and he decided to complete his stay in the cheap but not cheerful hotel for 4 whole nights. WHY?
You did not like what you have seen, ask for a cancellation for the remaining 3 nights. We would have been DELIGHTED to do that and offer you a refund.