“Excellent dumplings”

Ranked #11,786 of 25,280 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Reviewed 7 August 2018

It's hard to choose from the range of amazingly tempting options in Spitalfields, but Dumpling Shack had been strongly recommended to me, and it didn't disappoint. Quick service despite the constant stream of customers, and their pork and leek soup dumplings were superb. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Really quaint place, staff are friendly , the dumplings are beautiful! Not too keen on the dan dan beef , not enough beef mainly noodles and too much cucumber for me , just personal preference

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Then shenjianbao were perfect - crisp at the bottom, chewy at the top, filled with a mouthwatering mix of pork and meat, and even came with a side of black vinegar. Delicious. The only issue I had was, on the day I found the shop, there was some sort of an event going on and I had to pay 12 pounds to get into the area where the shop was. So, altogether, I paid nearly 20 pounds for a plate of four shenjianbao. Way overpriced, but hopefully that was a one time fluke and not the norm.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Jumped on the tube to visit Spitalfield Market. Most of the booths were rigging down for the day but we needed to eat. We toured every shop that was cooking and Dumpling Shack smelled inviting. We ordered Vegetarian Dumplings and an order of Pork and Leek dumplings. Prices were very reasonable, but, what had we just purchased ?

We sat at nearby tables and our order was ready in 5-6 minutes. Both order displayed plump dumplings, with the vegetarian ones swimming in sauce. The pork and leek dumplings were tender, piping hot and a bit sweet- with a taste of cilantro. Vegetarian dumplings were tasty and tender with a sauce too pungent to sip or enjoy-and I am a pepperhead !

We purchased bottled drinks and our entire tabe was less that 15 pounds. We will go to Dumpling Shack again. I asked the cooks about their cuisine and heritage and they told me they are Chinese- with a beautiful British accent !

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Best wontons in London. The queue is long but it’s worth the wait. Go for the Dan Dan noodles too. Never disappointed