“Check you bill, service charge added without telling you.”
Review of Sargeant's Mess

Sargeant's Mess
Reserve with OpenTable
Sargeant's Mess is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14,610 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Neighbourhood: City of London
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Food was ok for the money and staff friendly. But they add a service charge on the bill and dont bother to tell you.... I would have preferred the choice of leaving a tip.

1  Thank andrealyons224

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We had the brunch menu my friend and I.

I had the smoked haddock kedgeree, but styled like arancini and a poached egg on top. It was delicious, not too fishy and seasoned wonderfully.

My friend's idea of a brunch is a burger. Hand made patties with plenty of salad and sauce.

Only disappointing thing is that we asked a waitress what the burger came with and she said fries. When the burger arrived, it was without fries and another waiter said that we had to order fries separately, so we did! Unfortunately my friend finished her burger before the fries arrived.

Please train the staff properly! I would have given it a rating of 5 if at least, we were offered a free drink or even an apology!

1  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We were cold and wet after a visit to the tower and had very low expectations. We had a very happy suprise and a lovely meal - totally recomend the Scotch egg.

1  Thank EARHf
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Just an average London restaurant with a nice view. The food is average and you can get the same to a lower price somewhere else. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

- Was given a table only to be told it was reserved by someone else
- Waitress didn’t know the menu or how to pronounce certain drinks
- Took forever to be served
- Took forever for the food/drinks to come
- Attitude of staff was poor
- All of this happened when the place was quiet

AVOID