“Abominable service”

Ranked #3,067 of 25,075 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$37 - US$46
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Café Rouge St Katharine Dock is a truly unique restaurant. Its stunning location on the quayside - overlooking the only marina in Central London, is in the shadow of some of London's most famous landmarks, including Tower Bridge and The Tower of London. The interior is equally as impressive with a nautical theme, and features inspired by our love of St Tropez throughout. St Katharine Dock is a treasure trove of boutique shops, restaurants, bars and amenities. If you're visiting, you may want to see the Crown Jewels at The Tower of London, take a boat trip along the River Thames or walk across Tower Bridge to City Hall.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My friend and I were part of a pre-booked coach party of 51 people who arrived at 1.30 pm on Thursday 5 April. We had to wait 50 (yes, fifty!) minutes to get our pre-paid meal, with only a glass of tap water and a small piece of bread to tide us over. We were not told at any point how long the food would take to come and we did not even know what the food was going to be! (chicken and chips, as it turned out, which was nice). We were so late that the coach driver had to ring and re-schedule our slot for visiting the Tower Bridge exhibition. There did not seem to be enough waiters serving.

Abominable service.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I love Cafe Rouge at St Katherine Docks. I always call in for my morning coffee en route to work, and the experience makes my day. It's usually Nikol or Lale who serve me, and they both make a great cappuccino and are always so very welcoming and helpful - as are all the staff there. Daggi is great too ... and I still miss Sylwia, so please don't any more of you leave! You are a really great bunch of people and Cafe Rouge is very lucky to have you all. I just hope your bosses realise how lucky they are!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice welcome and a lovely table by the window. Our waitress was very nice and friendly. The meal was very good apart from my partners steak - he felt is was a bit tough , but mine was fine. All in all a really nice evening. Only fly in the ointment was that I was not paying attention, I left the waitress a decent tip only to realise later that there was a service charge as well. Worth keeping your eyes open for that.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Some colleagues and I called in to the Cafe Rouge at St Katharine's dock on-spec and had a very pleasant evening. The service was friendly and efficient, the food was good and the prices were reasonable. All-round it was a good experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch here. I had the salad with chicken and my guest had a chicken baguette. The frites were so good! Can’t wait to go back! A must visit when in town.